ITT: interactions you've had with musicians you like in real life

ITT: interactions you've had with musicians you like in real life

I saw Glenn Branca at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I outgrew his music but I liked Tyler, the Creator's music at the time. He was a nice guy, a bit hyper for a guy who just did a show.

i fucked earl sweatshirt in the ass

>saw 45 Grave
>wearing limited edition full color 45 Grave shirt
>show's over, go out back
>shitty opening band's bass player: "That headliner is really big, they were on the Return of the Living Dead soundtrack or something"
>"I fucking know idiot."
>45 Grave bass player comes out, signs my shirt
>"Dinah's inside if you wanna meet her."
>go inside
>Some fat bitch talking to Dinah Cancer about her friend who has cancer or some shit
>for like half an hour
> finally walk up to her
>"I'm user, this is my friend aenoen, will you sign our shit?"
>Dinah: "Will. I. Sign. Your. ... Shit .... ? Ok, that's what I'm here for. This is a really rare shirt. They broke the screens they made it with."
>"cool"
>hand her red paint marker
>she signs my shirt
>bartender immediately kicks all of us out, including Dinah.

I saw Thom Yorke at a grocery store in Abingdon yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was quite taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Mars bars in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

>helped vektroid move once. had no idea who she was at the time but she was super nice, clearly struggling tho. she was moving from basically a closet into my friend's basement

>at an atlas sound show, he was reading some poems onstage, asked for a french speaker to read some french ones so i went up and read them into the mic and he made some cool loops and vocal effects with my voice. then we kissed

She never called me again. I wasn't the first though.

>she

*grab popcorn*

ebig

>going to see Spiritualized in Boston in 2013
>get there really early, get a nice sweatshirt at the merch stand
>looking around at the record store that's basically next door to the venue
>hear a guy with a british accent talking to the cashier
>he's leaving, I finally see his face
>it's Jason Pierce
>by the time I realize I could easily start a conversation with him he's already gone
It's not interesting in the least but that's what I'e got. The show was great though. I was right up at the stage too, which was probably the best part of having gotten there early.

keep going...

Saw Efrim outside before a GYBE show. Just told him how much his music means to me and what's its done for me, he was really nice and seemed to be happy to hear it

i just shook his hand, didnt want to ask for a photo or anything because he doesn't seem like anyone who'd want that

She's Macintosh Plus / New Dreams Ltd / PrismCorp Virtual Enterprises / Laserdisc Visions / 5 million other aliases. And she's a MtF tranny.

When I was in Los Angeles with a few friends of mine 4 years ago, we were skating around and we saw Skrillex and 2 other nobodies skating as well.

We hung out for about a half hour before they had to go. We played some hacky sack and drank some beer. I'll never forget it.

I'm very autistic and hardly leave the house other than for work and when I do, I try to avoid my colleagues as much as possible. There are times that I just wish someone will kill me.

i just sold that midi controller

Smoked a cigarette with Mac DeMarco. He's the type of guy who could be friends with anyone.

>She

Honus Honus from Man Man is a really nice guy. I saw them two nights in a row and he recognized us the next night and came and talked to us a bunch while they were setting up and again after the show. Signed a setlist. He wishes me happy birthday on Facebook now. Great dude.

I sold a half-ounce of weed to this annoying manlet "nerdcore" rapper called MC Chris. He does voice work for Adultswim sometimes.

i gave the members of melt banana $20 for a shirt twice

If this is true that's so fucking MC Chris-esc.

Saw J Mascis after a show. I said, "Killer show, you guys fucking rocked it!" He gave a little laugh and said, " Thanks man, glad you enjoyed it". We shook hands and he was like, " See you next time we're in Portland, take care".
It was pretty cool.