Sup Forumsternet - We are back and better than ever edition

Mark yourself on the map with your contact info (can be a cock.li throwaway if you don't want to dox yourself)
zeemaps.com/map?group=2787145

IRC (SSL): irc.jollo.org:9999 #gternet (uses self signed cert)
Git: git.gternet.me

>What is Sup Forumsternet?
Sup Forumsternet would be our own decentralized p2p network running on our own infrastructure, totally disconnected from the clearnet.
It will be a combination of DIY meshnets on a city wide basis, and a platform for interconnecting these city wide meshnets over p2p openvpn bridges and high powered wireless dishes for City to City relays.
The Inter-Meshnet part of the project will allow any existing DIY meshnets to join our network by adding a bridge node or a city to city relay.
The short term goal is to have a few anons set up their own local meshnet and link them together using the bridges as a proof of concept.
A long term goal is gain a large enough user density that we can disable the brige nodes and have our own decentralized network idependent of the internet.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesh_networking
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Where have you been? I thought this project was dead?
This project's primary contributors all have real lives and real jobs that get in the way of development. We figured that it would be best to just work without threads for a few months to try
and hammer out some plans and details. We now need help to set up the meshnets and intermesh nodes for testing and further development. This project is not dead.

Well what do you have to show us now?
We have one 3 block square meshnet implemented on raspberry Pi 3s from one contributor. The mesh devices are battery operated and get about 16 hours of life before they need to be charged.
The mesh network allows non mesh devices to join as if it is a normal wifi network. The mesh is then connected to a p2p node waiting for a peer to connect to.

What can I do to help?
Currently we need people to set up their own local meshnets (can be small just to prove the concept) and then set up p2p nodes. You can use gternet-cli from git to help with meshnet and
p2p setup. Its still a work in progress and for some reason you have to run the deploy mesh command twice for it to work on some devices. Help us modify it to be better by submitting change requests
to git and knots will review them and merge if the code is improved

To Do:
- decide on hardware standards for both City to City relays and Meshnet end user equipment
- start building internet bridges for the intermesh connections (Linux Sysadmin tier)
- start designing diy kits for meshnet end users (Should be newbie-midlevel friendly tier)
- look into croundfunding options for purchasing city to city relay backbone equipment (Richfag tier)

Things NOT To Do:
- Talk about logos
- Talk about names
- Shill crypto bullshit for funding

so glad this thing is alive!

what should the kit include? something like an rpi with easy install? also why run these things on battery? Why not have them plugged into the wall all the time?

>what should the kit include? something like an rpi with easy install?
Easy setup:
rpi3 (as it already has wifi built in) + setup script

Advanced:
rpi + wifi dongle that supports external antenna for wider range

Or actually any other old box you want to repurpose as a node of the network. The install script is optimized for rpi raspian only ATM, but people are working on multiple distro support out of the box.

>also why run these things on battery? Why not have them plugged into the wall all the time?
because you can. Ofc you can keep them plugged to the socket, or use any regular pc/laptop. But in some conditions you can even run it out of your pockets with a powerbank.

bump with updated flyer.

I don't know what a meshnet is or does sorry.

You can get an idea reading the image at or
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesh_networking

Knots here. Thanks for keeping this thread alive.
We are getting merge requests in and thats amazing. The flyer is dope and the old IRC gang is back together.
Things are looking up Sup Forums

Bump

How much would the network devices cost me, merchant?

to host a node in the mesh it could be as simple as a raspberry pi, and then whatever you spend for an antenna.
to access the network you access it like any wifi network, any device will work.

Why did you decide on openvpn and not wireguard? Wireguard is far more easy.

Give more info about antenna tiers then noob. Penetration and range info is important.

Why not skycoin? It's meshnet with a monetary incentive. Much better than Sup Forumsayternet.

holy shit a dude literally lives 2 blocks away from me on that map

make a home movie and post it

would running 1 (one) public AP connected to the network count as a "local meshnet"?
there's no way in hell I'm going to walk around charging rpis in the city every single day

This is actually just a collection of scripts to automate BATMAN setup on debian isn't it? Pretty gay desu senpai.

>missing the point entirely

None of Sup Forums's projects get off the ground. The only project to get even close was CloverOS. This project will be the same. You won't even get past the planning phase.

You faggots unironically require a leader. Once you get a small group of people regularly using the wire it'll be off the ground but until then good luck.

Okay so a dude lives pretty close by. So what's the idea? Just put that thing in your house and then we can connect or some shit?

you missed the point, actually.
your project is shit my dude.

I am just a lurker here but not as stupid as you, m8

t. clinically retarded.

Exactly, assuming you're in range of one another.

>what is tox

Just use skycoin fag.

I don't know. What is tox?

how far can you reach on a max?

Get a brain retard

fuck your project then

Great, another grand theft gentoo failure

>He doesn't know just how long this project has been going on for without any process other than the name for it being made

We got one tough guy shitposting here

it's not hard to figure out what this project is

For you

so what will local meshnets run off of?
shitty rpi access points?
amateur radio?

It can run off whatever you'd like baby :^)

L A S E RS
A
S
E
R
S

so what happens when the CIA niggers on this site join your mesh

>Why did you decide on openvpn and not wireguard?
Because actually at this point anything goes. We chose openvpn because easy of use and standard across platforms. But if you want to implement anything different, just go for it ! We encourage people to test their own stuff and report back.

>Give more info about antenna tiers then noob
There is a section on the wiki about antennae. And we have already a couple guys that can help with that. Join the irc and ask for it.

>Why not skycoin?

>Things NOT To Do:
>- Shill crypto bullshit for funding

this is beyond the scope of the project. If you want to fork it and MITM clients to inject miners, we can't and we won't forbid you. Go for it.

>how far can you reach
from a hundred meters with out-of-the-box setup up to Airfiber
that can get 100km range on 5ghz. It's pricy but you can get there with proper setup.

>what happens when the CIA niggers on this site join your mesh
We like things that glow.

>You faggots unironically require a leader.
We do have a team. We all have life, job, family, so we're not 24/7 on it. But slow and steady progress has been made since its inception.

Ronjas

>What is tox?
That's a good decentralized and privacy oriented messenger. Go dig it.

BRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPP

>not sure if false flag
but bump anyway

IDS BRAPPENING

The project has been dead since the organizer, opal, was found to be a pedophile.

Nah just shitposting to keep the thread alive.

>The project has been dead
What is dead may never die.

YA'LL NIGGAS POSTIN IN A BRAP THREAD