Why does NLDW get so overlooked?

why does NLDW get so overlooked?

Other urls found in this thread:

tinymixtapes.com/music-review/death-grips-no-love-deep-web
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cause it's their worst album.
Don't get me wrong, I love the shit out of it, but I have difficulty putting it above anything else they've made.

Do we still not know whose penis that is?

>it's their worst album
I hate nu-Sup Forums

It's Zach's.

;^)

>it's their worst album

LOL BENIS

It actually feels like all of Death Grips' works get overlooked. People don't really talk about the middle sections of any of their albums and mostly talk about the openers, closers, and a select few outliers like Klink.

IMO it's the best

>tfw you only liked Exmilitary and Money Store
I guess I'm a pleb.

Come out your shit is gone. [spoiler]Biatch.[/spoiler]

NLDW > TMS > ExM = GP > BP > TPTB

All are great though

Nobody actually really listens to them, just enough to meme

CAME IN PROPELLERS COMIN OFF SHES HELLA COPTER

Which is a shame. Artificial Death In The West (East) is an indictment of the internet culture that allows DG to thrive and I'd bet my left nut it flew over 90% of DG's listener's heads.

>Don't get me wrong,
is that a reference? :)

All Death Grips related stuff is nu-Sup Forums except Exmilitary

this guy

maybe cause it came out so quickly after Money Store? Im not sure tho.

>tfw no premolars

it doesn't though, in fact it's their most overrated bar maybe exmilitary
only the first two tracks are truly great, and what they are is done better on NotM anyway

exmilitary is their most UNDERrated, dumbass. BP is the overrated one.

thanks for taking me out to dinner user

exmilitary is literally just punk rap though, nothing boundary pushing about it
non-dg fans suck its dick to try and look like they can get into them too, but it's argus even more accessible than tms

I think it's their best. Probably their most minimalist, dark effort as well. A lot of the tracks dive deep into depression, loneliness, abandonment, and failure. MC Ride sounds really depressed on this album and it captures with the production very well.

*arguably

get out of here death grips shisposting

how big do you think this dick is, Sup Forums?

I'm going for about 6 and a half inches long so not that much length but it looks pretty girthy

is zach hill a big guy?

trufax- the same p4k writer who reviewed bp also reviewd nldw

tinymixtapes.com/music-review/death-grips-no-love-deep-web

it doesnt b8 reply (you) Sup Forums

The only good song on it is Artificial Death in the West

I "like" all of their work, but TMS is the only one I really come back to again and again. The songs are just super catchy, yet visceral, due to the production.

meme harder friendo

>The songs are just super catchy, yet visceral, due to the production
thats dumb because they arent catchy due to the production, they are catchy due to the content and the structure/form.
lol

I'm a fan of electronica and electronic music in general, and the crazy patterns and sound design on the synth leads really draw me in to the album more than anything else.

You're right though, it doesn't make much sense to say it's that piece that makes them catchy. It just makes them more enjoyable for me personally. Obviously it's the composition that is catchy.

NLDW is a bit too, idk, empty for me. The production is very restrained for the most part and a lot of it does not stand out.

Although I get why some find that appealing if you're into something more low beat and minimalist.

All the str8 boys don't want to look at the penis on the cover. lawl. So you album gets overlooked.

Andy here, thanks for clearing that up everyone tonight.

because benis

Stefan's

fantastic lyrically (probably best lyrically) but the overdone minimalism in the production is boring at times

It doesn't, it gets fucking praised.

Where have you been

I want you to listen to Stockton one more time and tell me that shit doesn't get you noided

Trips mean the truth.

The most underrated shit post I've seen in quite some time

that track is fucking tight

kok

It's not a shitpost, it's someone's opinion (which i agree with)

That's the main reason they'll be remembered. They're the only artist out right now that has serious fucking commentary on the Internet. All aspects of the internet and how we are literally changing faster than ever as a species, it's unprecedented and there will be serious consequences

>no meme songs
>it's amongst their more serious work
>no straight forward pop songs
Gee, I wonder why it get looked over?

At any rate, it used to be my favorite Death Grips album, then Niggas On the Moon & Jenny Death came out.

It's my favorite next to GP and now BP

I don't think a single one of their albums are overlooked desu

I just find it a little strange that someone would call this album empty, it's anything but.
And to say the production is restrained is laughable, this is arguably some of the best production Death Grips has (although I haven't listened to TPTB, FW, or BP, so I guess I don't know for sure).
But I do understand why "a lot of it doesn't stand out", it's not like The Money Store where every song is a certified banger. It's re-listen value is fantastic, if you go back and really listen to the songs a few times I feel like people can appreciate them more.

But ay, just my opinion

>no meme songs
I'M BOUNCIN'

No, but seriously, there's not really anything meme about this album. Stockton has great meme-potential if you ask me, what with that line and all.

On a side note, I hate memes and I don't believe in them. To call music a meme is just stupid imo. But to say something is quotable (like a lot of Death Grips' songs) makes more sense, even if it is "funny", like a meme.

>I haven't listened to TPTB, FW, or BP
m8, what's wrong with you? Get on that immediately.

THIS
IS
VIOLENCE NOW

it's in their top 3 for me

I know I know, I'm behind on a lot of music.
My backlog is like a big scary monster, but Death Grips are considered one of my favorite bands so there's really no excuse.
I think I'll start with Fashion Week tonight tho

Oh my god people actually still care about death grips?

I got the nasty in my taxi is a pretty big meme line

Oh shit how'd i miss that one

>tfw i will never sit between the back seat and his dick

WORD BRO.
agreement get me hard
lets go wank together to BP
EH?

also there's *breaks glass* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Where have you been, they're literally musical deities

That's Government Plates though.

oh