STOP RIGHT THERE

Post what you're listening to right now and what you think about it.

I love this album. It's been a while since I listened to the whole thing but really every track is excellent. My aunt bought me the record for Christmas last year and I think I like the track order they've got here better than than the original, even if that's mostly because my three favorite tracks (Made-Up Dreams, Velvet Waltz, and Kicked It in the Sun) have a side to themselves.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zl3YEH_5f5I
youtube.com/watch?v=FcZOnrL9VKM
mastersultanband.bandcamp.com/album/master-sultan
youtube.com/watch?v=fPhKdr1S7LA
youtube.com/watch?v=MbKAHr6H9fs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Listening to "Nada," by Death In June. Really great fascist neo-folk.

youtube.com/watch?v=zl3YEH_5f5I

Perfect from now on is a Sup Forumscore album, At least it should be

it's too good for Sup Forumscore
built to spill are the best band of the 90's and their recent stuff is good too

I really liked Crown of Creation, even more so than Surrealistic Pillow, so I figured that the best course of action would be to listen to the band's next album in order after CoC. Only on the first side as of writing, and so far it's not quite what I was expecting after listening to CoC (I was expecting something more raw and political than this), but other than that it's pretty alright.

Gives me a raging boner.

youtube.com/watch?v=FcZOnrL9VKM

japanese language sounds kinda shit in music imo
too uplifting, kinda ridiculous
good instrumentation and playing but it does nothing for me when it has no feeling

5/10 i guess, wouldn't recommend

Incredible early Death Row sound. Solidifies Dogg Pound as my second favorite hip hop group to UGK. Makes me wonder why this dope west coast shit wasn't released.

that's a good album too OP.

ya thats such a good album, it's probably in my top 10

Master Sultan - s/t
mastersultanband.bandcamp.com/album/master-sultan

it's like math rock, emo, and that slow shoegazy sound all went to brunch together

really good and amazing night feelsy music

pretty cool

one of my favorite albums as well

Tigermilk - Belle and Sebastian
Not as great as IYFS but the first three songs are amazing

I saw them a few years ago but didn't really appreciate their (or his, if you consider OM as solely Kevin's brainchild) entire discography until recently. I generally have the same opinion as most people in regards to OM's best albums (SPITA, TST, HFAYTD) but Skeletal Lamping will always hold a special place in my heart.

>pavement
>dinosaur jr

A classic. It still holds up. Fillmore Jive is a 12/10 track and is basically a 90s anthem.

the outro to i would hurt a fly is goat

and obviously velvet waltz and kicked it in the sun and made up dreams. whole album is great desu.

i feel like there's nothing wrong with love is underrated though. car is one of the first songs i heard from them, and its still soooo good. i remember playing big dipper with my friends a long time ago and its a nice memory

Damn I'm listening to this too. This I only my second listen and I really enjoyed my first one. This could potentially be one of my favorite albums ever.

It's alright.

There's Nothing Wrong With Love is an excellent album, it's generally overshadowed by Perfect From Now On and Keep It Like a Secret but it easily stands among those two as a great listen in its own right.
We Were Born Mutants Again With Leafling is such a goddamn amazing song, everyone always talks about The Past is a Grotesque Animal but the rest of the album is really underrated in comparison

i dont think i have ever discovered a good artist at a worse time

One of my favorite albums of all time OP.
Another all time favorite of mine. Gotta say Gold Soundz has to be my favorite track, fell in love the instant I heard it.
>So drunk, in the august sun and you're the kind of girl I like cuz you're empty, and I'm empty

Recently gave this a listen and haven't been able to put it down ever since. Can't even pick a favorite song. Any suggestions for further listening from here of bands along similar lines?

listen to clues and the first islands album

Bear in Heaven - Beast Rest Forth Mouth
I really love some of the songs but don't enjoy others. Overall it's very good though.

Thanks user, really diggings clues right now and will check out islands

one of the greatest of all time 'indie rock' records
one of the only indie rock records where all the ideas are given enough time to see some real development, to cohere and flow. plus all that angst

pretty unique album imo, but heres a few that may fill the void

The Beach Boys - The Smile Sessions (incomplete but srs this one is amazing)
Youth Lagoon - The Age of Hibernation
Fun! - Aim and Ignite (srs about this one)
The Format - Dog Problems
these too

Dino Jr's best shit is in the 80s and 2000s man

Chuck Berry - The Great 28

It's way, way better than I expected. Thought it was going to be some boring blues boogie bullshit but it's genuinely fucking great man.

They're all really fucking good

First time listening to this album. I like it a lot, but so far I prefer the punkier stuff to the indie rock stuff.

IT TAKES A LOT TO MAKE ME CRAZY

good shit

Surprisingly good

underrated, one of my favorites by them

whoops forgot pic

youtube.com/watch?v=fPhKdr1S7LA

Without the context of the movie itself, its hard to say how fitting it is but on its own merits it's really enjoyable to listen to.

I love the pacing, I love all the instruments, the guitar just off to the left is tickling a part of the inner ear so nicely. Had music randomly playing all day and this stood out from the however many hundred so its pretty alright by me.

I'm listening to Turn On The Bright Lights, I like it!

Been on a pinkerton listening spree all week thought I'd put on blue album. Both albums are 10/10, pinkerton is still better imo. INB4 flame war over this argument.

was this all just because you find your aunt hot

I love this album.

I love the decision to make something like this after their debut.

It's atmospheric. It's original. It's a classic.

This is such a great album. I'm on LSD right now too, which only makes it better.

Great choice. Enjoy your trip brother. Hoping to find some psychedelics soon to enjoy this oncoming summer myself

Kevin?

Good luck finding some man. It sucks when you want to trip but dont have access to it. I have a connection in seattle finally so I can get a fuckton of acid. It's great. I'm probably gonna trip a lot this year.

it's derivative and all sounds the same but fuck it's so sad and ambered is amazing so i don't care

youtube.com/watch?v=MbKAHr6H9fs
second time listening to this. I like it a bit more this time.

Thanks man. It always seems to come in to my life spontaneously, for the better. I've considered ordering it online but that just sketches me out way too much

With the release of their new album I finally wanna give this one a complete listen. I've never really been into rh but I feel like I'm missing out on something good here. The only song I've listened to a lot by them was high and dry.

I don't know why but this takes me back to when I was a kid/early teen. Those day when everything used to feel more together and like I belonged to a crowd of friends. Or when I would spend lots of time alone playing sims, sonic and age of empires.

Muh negro. I remember really being into JA a few years ago when I was going through a weird 60s psychedelic rock phase. That was also before I tried acid, so I would try to imagine what a trip might be like based almost purely on their music and art.

I love this album, it's one of the first albums I've really gotten into, and I probably wouldn't still be into music or play guitar to this day if I never got into it. But holy shit, the last track is insufferable.

Fucking great
It's got tons of energy and fantastic riffs. A really fun album.
Just wish the mixing was a little better.

currently listening to relationship of command, this shit is incredible

Topaz
Half awake album