Can Sup Forums drive stick?

Can Sup Forums drive stick?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes

Yes

I can't say if he is very high, or just American.

I can't drive

I can only drive stick.
Automatic is kinda dangerous (at least untill you got used to it). The few times I drove one at the beginning I hit the breaks hard because I wanted to change a gear.

Yes, only cucks and nu-males drive automatic

Yes

Yes.

Yes.

I hope to never own an automatic.

Yes, but it's shocking how so many people here cant. When I was a teenager my dad offered to buy me a car but said I would have to learn to use a manual transmission because he doesn't believe in automatics. I'm definitely thankful for that now.

Yes. I don't think I've ever driven an automatic.

Yes. I've never owned an automatic.

Yes, I actually enjoy driving

Yes. First car I ever owned had a 6 puck clutch, lightweight flywheel, and short throw shift.

No, stick is for europoors
I live in a country where we can actually afford automatic cars

>there are people who prefer not having full control of their car

There is really no excuse to use automatic.

Actually there is (outside Europe). If you only drive from and to work in traffic jams it is useful.

I'm afraid of being a danger to other people (and myself) so I don't drive at all.

Yeap. Literally everyone here can, because if you get full license, you can drive both types, but if you get automatic-only license, you can drive only automatic/

Of course I can. Even if you drive an auto, why would you not at least learn to drive a manual anyway? You never know when it might come in handy.

Lots of people have that concern when they start learning to drive, really though don't worry. Once you actually get out on the road you quickly realise that you're actually alright and that other motorists are far more cause for concern.

Of course, what kind of retard can't?

The only acceptable reason for not being able to drive a manual is if you can't drive at all. But even then you should still learn to drive.

They're good for people with disabilities that still need to get around.

Okay yep, fair point. I didn't think of that. But I'm assuming that most people ITT aren't disabled, in which case they should learn to drive manual. Plus like pointed out, it's fun driving manual.

>Lots of people have that concern when they start learning to drive, really though don't worry. Once you actually get out on the road you quickly realise that you're actually alright and that other motorists are far more cause for concern.

This is why there's so many shitty drivers. Most drivers are not alright, but they think they're Mario Andretti.

Honestly I've actually driven before and have my learner's license, but made quite a few reckless mistakes because I have bad judgement.

That was me, love my cars :)

But yeah, known a couple of people with physical disabilities that held down full time jobs because they could drive to work. Life can be pretty unlucky for some folks.

I've only ever driven stick. I don't even know if I could drive an automatic

because you had a bad instructor

It should be more like can Americans and leafs drive stick

Yes

>he doesn't believe in automatics
auto transmissions are a religion?

In my experience, the Mario Andrettis are a minority though. Even in a country with a dipshit hoon mentality like Australia, they're still a minority.
Most of the drivers I see on the road are alright. There's definitely a lot of dickheads out there, no question; but most other motorists don't make me concerned for my safety and many of them are surprisingly patient with learners, too.
Learners that don't make mistakes generally fall into two categories: Freaks, or the more common group, liars.
Also what this guy said. Most people, even when they can do something fairly well are still pretty terrible at explaining it and teaching it to other people. This is why professional driving lessons can really be such a big help.

it's spooky, gotta keep that left foot planted on the floor

I own a car in standard and so do all my friends. I only drive standard because I enjoy it.

No
I don't need to know

At least as far as moving and operating the vehicle is concerned, it's like a mate of mine told me: Autos are easy. Accelerate, brake and honk. That's all you need to know really.

I'll never understand this meme, just leave in 1st or 2nd. That's what i do.

This excuse of >muh jam, it's fucking bullshit.

Thanks bros. I'll probably reconsider driving again future.

i think the control thing is a meme
police here use automatics

What kind of pussy traffic jams are you in? In actual stop-and-go traffic, you must hit the clutch. I only own a manual because I almost never actually drive in the city, and I just use my truck to go into the mountains (I bicycle most of the time, it's actually faster). If I actually had to drive in bad traffic on a daily basis, I'd get an automatic.

Newer manuals have a much lighter clutch pedal I tend to notice, so that's better.

The annoying thing about manuals seems to be I couldn't check and use my smartphone. You need one hand for the gearstick and either one hand or two knees for the steering wheel right, and my knees are pretty inflexible. Manuals just seem like a pain which is why most don't drive them.

Nope

I don't know how to drive at all.

That's the spirit, gotta get back on that horse. When I used to have doubts about myself I'd look at it like this: There are dumb Asians out there that can barely drive at all, yet they somehow got their licence and they're also not dead yet. Obviously it's more complicated than that, since you can be a great driver and still be in a road fatality. All I'm saying is that there's always going to be way worse drivers out there with their licence and you can always improve past those people.

I realise you're trolling, but it's sad to think that there are people out there that really are like that.

Most do use them. You use a phone while you drive? I hope when you finally lose control you don't kill someone because of how distracted you are.

> The annoying thing about manuals seems to be I couldn't check and use my smartphone.

This is a feature. It prevents retards like you from causing crashes because they think texting is more important than operating a 2 ton vehicle going 100 kph.

Yes, but modern ZF autos are superior in pretty much every metric (excluding cost).

You think he's trolling? I know people like him

So do I, but it just seemed too obvious for him to not be mining for (You)s.

first car I ever owned was stick

I drive auto now though

Just testing you cunts. I'm usually the first to pipe up about faggots who think they can 'multitask' while driving on the odd occasions I wander into /o/.

>4th pedal

What?

Leftmost is a footrest m8. You're not supposed to ride the clutch

It's the only way here, I have never seen an automatic

I know that, but first time I've seen someone actually adding an extra pedal for a footrest. Thought the standard was to just rest it on the side.

Yeah, though my car is automatic

I lived in the USA for 8 years.

Not having an automatic there might actually give you feet cancer if you get stuck in a traffic jam.

good lad

m8 i live in São Paulo.

Traffic jams here are some of the worse in the world.

I don't think you understand his position. You're just wasting calories using that clutch m8.

Oh, lel

I actually get knee pain from clutching in heavy traffic. It ain't ergonomic. My knees are already pre-fucked from running, but still.

yep.

No. I drive in Manhattan almost every day. Using a stick in stop and go traffic is just too inconvenient. I did own a manual '04 Accord coupe when I was in college in Pennsylvania though. If I find work in Long Island closer to where I live I might trade in for a stick because it's objectively superior to automatic.

Only old and disabled people drive autotragic here

Yup.

t. S60R stick shift owner

>tfw no gf that knows how to handle a stick

>tfw it's the perfect excuse not to let your gf drive your car

Yes

I will celebrate the day manual cars are banned

Stupid useless shit system

lel fat neet who gets panic attacks when his mom makes him go out and practice driving :^)

>muh
End yourself

>tfw she keeps bitching about not being able to drive your car, but refuses to learn, and begs you to buy an autotragic lifeless hunk of dreary shit

Better to have a gf who can drive stick m8

If I can drive a semi I'm sure I can figure it out

im skinny

MANLY
GRR MANUAL
CONTROL OF THE CAR
GRRRR MANLY MACHO GRRRR

>tell her that if she refuses to learn she can buy her own shit
>she either learns or leaves you, but in either case you don't have to listen to her bitching

GRR IM TOO LAZY TO LEARN HOW TO DRIVE STICK

>tfw manual cars slowly being phased out
>all mercedes are automatic now

feels good.

>manual

lol ok granddad. how is your Ford model T

@64853084
Christ, how assblasted are you

It is too easy.

You mean Model ST? It's doing well.

What do you drive, an 80hp diesel Fiat?

No doubt, I was just being a knob though.
Driving manuals doesn't make you manly, but only driving autos definitely makes you a woman.

Well I never driven automatic so.....

mohammed

Is driving a manual gear so special in north america they make gifs of it?

youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Does steptronic count?

Post your car you fucking faggot

I drive an automatic because the shifter gets in the way of road head

Get a thinner gf.

apologize

no
:^)

have also never used public transport like a poor fag

Sorry your gf's a tank.

Yes
But I prefer automatic
It really makes life easier, especially when you're stuck for hours in traffic which happens to me daily

Hell no nigga, that's gay af.