Why are there so few American backpackers?

Why are there so few American backpackers?

too poor

We can't afford food, clothing or internet desu
Give moni

But Americans are richer than most other westerners?

There are.
But why the fuck would we walk across fucking America, it's longer than Europe in its entirety.

But yes, there are backpackers on huge trails like the Appalachian trail and whatnot.

niggers

where are most backpackers you meet from lads?

> Germany, israel and chile here

loads of trail walkers with their 40 lbs bags

>i went backpacking in europe
>i like totally found myself and had an amazing time

Those are hipsters not backpackers
t.Brooklyn resident who lives near a coffee shop/bookstore they inhabit.

There are a lot of european backpackers in Australia/NZ but basically no americans

Because we don't get 6 weeks of vacation.

Aussies are fucking everywhere, I have went traveling around Europe, US and south east Asia and those fuckers are everywhere.

Too spread out for yuro style backpacking.

Backpacking is usually destination driven in the US ie people drive into the back country then hike / camp out of their backpacks for a few days / week.

>Why are there so few American backpackers?
Because they tend to pretend to be Canadian, so everyone doesn't turn on them.

backpackers in ireland tend to be germans amoungst others, yuros who are trying to travel on a budget. Americans who come to europe tend to middle/upper-middle class and just use daddy's money to stay in a hotel.

With the huge backpacks and the confused look in their eyes, and always standing in the middle of the road. Don't see Americans, but most of them will tell you that they are from Canada because they are scared of the world.

I'd backpack but I don't want to end up in some space labor scheme where I have to farm in some Aussie's shithole to make enough money to keep traveling.

we're often targeted by terrorists specifically just because we're from here, as if we had something to do with our government's bombing policies

Or kidnapped and held for ransom.

There's lots of Australians, Brits, Germans, French, and Dutch.

Happens all the time here. Stay scared.

We have that visa free travel thingy, because Canada liberated us. And now we are best friends forever and ever. We can travel as long as we want in each others countries.

this
h
i
s

crustpunks are just dirtier schizoid hipsters

Argentinians, Israelis, Brits, Germans and French here

these

americans dont backpack i think, they join the army or go to uni/get a job after school
its kinda normal for yuros to take a year off and do social work or travel etc.

Most common are Western Euros

Americans dont travel.

Ive visited 7 foreign countries over 4 different trips and people act like I am rich or something. First question they all ask "WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO GO THERE" the idea of leaving their little bubble is just so foreign to them.

>tfw all of my trips have cost me less than $2000 including plane tickets

Pic is from my first trip to china and I ate dog

You get shot by cops, kidnapped, or worse, large parts of the US are basically the 4th world.

Fear of getting shot.

I shit you not.

You go out in the wilds, and you're more likely to get shot than get mauled by the local top of the food chain beast.

Even if it's in another country, the fear of getting shot is engraved in our instincts