Can anyone redpill me on duckduckgo?

can anyone redpill me on duckduckgo?

you know how ducks in real life chase you everywhere you go when they're little?

well this one doesnt follow you anywhere.

quack quack

You type your search in the input field, and it gives you results.

it's the SUPREME search engine

Did your boss really think it wouldn't be obvious this is a slogan post?

Does it refuse to search for Sup Forums for anyone else? It just tries to send me to 4+4 instead.

do you have the search filter on?

OK yeah, it was "adult content". I forgot we aren't all nice and blue around here.

The red pill contains lethal doses of cyanide
Just read the manual instead, user, it's less lethal

DuckDuckGo: It's the ONLY choice...

Didn't they sell your info to Amazon?

FUCK

cuckcuckgoy, when you want an illusion of privacy

Opinions on Ecosia.org?

it sucks, use qwant.

its owned by a jew, so its about a good as everything else

As if 8ch is

It plants trees I think, even though I got and adblocker running or whatever.

Nope, they don't. If you click on an Amazon or eBay link through DDG and buy something, DDG receives a small percentage of the money. So all Amazon and eBay will know is that you clicked them through DDG, but why would you click on Amazon or eBay links anyway? Those two sites are as anti-privacy as it gets.
Ecosia uses Bing as a search engine. So while their purpose is noble, they cannot verify or guarantee anything about your privacy. Their Privacy Policy basically says that Ecosia itself doesn't save much data, but Bing does.

my SJW friend wont' stop bitching about that search engine, now I never want to touch it no matter how good it is.

There is no proof that DuckDuckGo operates as advertised. (There never is, on the web.) However, that is the wrong question.

DuckDuckGo is very clear in its privacy policy. DuckDuckGo says it doesn't track you, it doesn't send your searches to other sites, by default it does not use any cookies, it does not collect personal information, it does not log your IP address or other information about your computer that may be sent automatically with your searches, it doesn't store any personal information at all. Those are pretty strong promises, with no weasel-wording. And, as far as I can see, DuckDuckGo's privacy policy seems like a model privacy policy. It is a model of clarity, plain language, and lack of legal obfuscation.

And privacy policies have bite. The FTC has filed lawsuits after companies that violate their own advertised privacy policy. (Not just little companies you've never heard of: They even went after Facebook!) The way privacy law works in the US is, basically, there are almost no privacy rules that restrict what information web sites can collect -- except that if they have a privacy policy, they must abide by it. Breaching your own privacy policy may be fraud, which is illegal. Also, violating your own privacy policy represents "unfair or deceptive acts or practices", and the FTC is empowered to pursue anyone who engages in "unfair or deceptive acts or practices" in court. DuckDuckGo would be pretty dumb to breach their own privacy policy; their privacy policy is clear and unambiguous and leaves them little wiggle room.

No, I don't think that DuckDuckGo is a scam. I think that's crazy talk. Given the incentives and legal regime, I think you should assume DuckDuckGo follows their own privacy policies, until you find any information to the contrary.