torrent clients
handbrake
caesium
every open source implementation of a language vs Oracle Java & MS .NET
etc

Waterfox > Chrome/Chromium/Firefox

inb4 firefox is open sores

Gentoo

Lineage OS is vastly superior to shitty Pajeet XDA ROMs or the Chinkshit pushed out by carriers and/or the manufacturer. They fixed that WPA2 bullshit before Google did.

>inb4 iToddlers
I'd rather get on my hands and knees and lick the streets of India than use an iTurd ever again. Worst mobile experience I've ever had.

Half of the apps on F-Droid.

>Java

Fotochop

Recommend some good f-droid apps that BTFO play store apps please

KDE Connect
Firefox Klar
DNS66
Ghost Commander
MuPDF
Clover

but pajeets work on lineage os

Bash
LineageOS
Clover (the 4chins app)
OBS

.NET doesn't require windows users to install java

seriously you can't even read a sentence and you draw brainlet pics ?

absolute state of Sup Forums 2018

What about Iridium?

Dude, he litterally said java sucks. What the fuck is up with nu/g/? Its like the public education system has failed harder than ever.

Open Source is crap. Free Software is the good stuff.

fre:ac

Why can't Sup Forums read??

Like seriously, why cant you dipshit read... its 2000 fucking eighteen.

Microsoft products.
open.microsoft.com/2017/09/26/microsoft-joins-open-source-initiative/

Linux
Android
LVM
mdadm
everything related to filesystems, file transfers, hosting anything on servers, ...
systemd
qemu
osmand
jupyter
just about every software lib, compiler or framework or support tool
gephi
tmux
mumble
jabber (pick decent client)

... the list is just about endless

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend,_and_extinguish

> Linux
nonfree blobs
> Android
nonfree blobs, nonfree software, botnet

/thread

They got Linux too.
techcrunch.com/2016/11/16/microsoft-joins-the-linux-foundation/

VLC

Best logo.

godot

Not sure this is true, yet. Judging from their RC proper particle effects and a way to create/compose them aren't there yet.

/thread

What do you mean proper particles? They're GPU-powered and you can have a few millions of them, the workflow is slightly obtuse but you can customize them fairly thoroughly, it's certainly better than the CPU-bound particles some other engines have.

They can't collide with stuff though, but that's supposedly coming later.

>They're GPU-powered and you can have a few millions of them
That's a good thing indeed, but look at what Unreal/Unity deliver in terms of particle effects, like mesh particles, ribbons, lightening, trails and other static particle effects. And I can easily think of more particle effect types than that. For example, reverse particles, that appear and then get sucked to a point.
Also when I checked Godots particle creation tool, it seems that some options expect some weird input without further input. Like a graphic???
Anyway, what is also important is that a typical good looking effect actually requires multiple particle effects.
For example, an explosion has tightly timed parts for smoke, fire, spark, debris, etc. It seemed Godot has no tool to put that together, like some multi-track lifetime editing particle cluster tool.

>without further input
*explanation

>it's certainly better than the CPU-bound particles some other engines have.
Also, most commercial engines that matter have them. I take that for granted, user.

There's a general-purpose animation timeline node that you can use to animate any properties so effects that change over time are certainly you would need several particle emitters through, you can use meshes for particles too.
It lacks nice presets but with some patience you can make elaborate stuff with it.

Pretty much all of those are available on the Play Store with the exception of Clover and Firefox Klar. Clover could probably get back on the Play Store by designating it with a "Mature 17+" rating like Omnichan and the Reddit apps, so as to play well with parental controls as Google would want.

>certainly
certainly doable*

Ok, so half of the stuff is there.

octave

Godot still kinda lacks in the 3D department but it's my favorite for 2D, it's growing very quickly too and it has a bright future ahead, I think it will certainly become a big name.

Tesla > BMW

Godot 3.0 just got released last month. They made huge improvements in 3D, like a PBR rendering engine.

Check it out:
youtu.be/XptlVErsL-o

Particle user here. I'm actually afraid they might neglect the 2D stuff over all the 3D/VR/AR faggotry.

>Oracle Java & MS .NET
These are both open source now

Yeah I'm aware, the 3D looks great but usability-wise it's still not quite there, it lacks real level building tools and IK for example.
I don't think it will ever reach the gigantic amount of tools and detail UE4 has but it's close to hitting a very nice niche of usability and lightweightness that other 3D engines lack, Unity is a complete mess in comparison.
I do love the 2D workflow though and I'm working on my game every day, I want to use it for 3D eventually.

This

Firefox Klar is a meme and botnet

Whats up with all the firefoxes:

Firefox Quantum
Firefox Klar
Firefox Focus

I have no idea what any of these are

Klar and Focus are the same thing, klar being the german name.
Quantum is just the marketing name for the rework they did to desktop firefox

Oops I forgot Sup Forums doesn't actually produce and deploy software. My bad

File managers
Firefox
mpv

gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html

Even the open source versions of Java and .NET work better.

>Open Source alternatives that are better than their propreitary counterparts
Linux or any of the BSDs
GCC or Clang
git or mercurial
ffmpeg

Klar is not german for focus.
Klar means clear
Focus is Fokus in german

Emulators.
9 in 10 proprietary emulators are pure garbage.

KDE connect seems cool, but I'm trying deepin right now, is KDE plasma worth it?

Linux contains proprietary blobs. I recommend GNU Linux-libre instead.

I don't know if I'm sick of Microsoft after reading this, or if I appreciate their aggressive strategy...

Gimp
Blender

> open source
Dumb companies infecting free software community with half-free code and botnet crap. Just look at android, thats the power of open meme.

Audacity outperforms a lot of propriatery software.

Torrent clients
Web browsers
Media players
Kernels
VoIP clients and instant messengers

Firefox Focus is called Firefox Klar in Germany though tard

Quantum = regular firefox
Focus = webkit based mobile firefox for privacy
Klar = focus with telemetry disabled by default

>GIMP
Very, very arguable. Depends what you compare it to.
>Blender
It's already a professional standard, yes.

KDE Connect works on other DEs. But some shit might not work properly with gtk themes/DEs. And afaik there's no way to use remote keyboard (PC > android) on gtk.

On desktop yes, on android not so much. Proprietary ones have a better UX and usually more features.

Good performance, slow updates, clunky update system, developers moved away from github so it might soon become a botnet like iron browser, is chromium based so it's shit.

Firefox focus has a botnet targeting Germans only, Firefox klar is like Firefox focus, but with that botnet removed.

Gimp has everything a non-professional needs. When it comes to usability, it's just about what your used to. PS is clunky as fuck to me.

They actually do not differ when it comes to Java nowadays. So what you're saying is actually impossible.