So why exactly is his music free? is it uncleared samples? if so how is he allowed to perform the songs...

so why exactly is his music free? is it uncleared samples? if so how is he allowed to perform the songs. if it's making a statement then why is he selling a poster? it's not congruent.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uZyt5dSNcFo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he doesn't make them for free

he makes them for freedom

am i the only nigga still care about mixtapes

Releasing them for free means they reach a wide audience who may not have otherwise have taken a chance on his music. Having a large audience base means merchandise and concert tickets will sell more easily, and he gets a bigger cut of the profit because he doesn't need to share it with any labels.

I always thought that the logical thing to do when actually wanting to make music without restrictions, was to make (free) mixtapes that you use whatever sample you want/needed and not have to give a shit. Then make albums on which you don't necessarily put all of your deepest creative ambitions on (maybe more poppy too) and sell those to fund the passion projects.

Swans fund their studio albums with live albums, which also works. With hip-hop though, I think it makes a lot of sense to do it this way. This way, even more artists can reach wider audiences both on a more general/wide-spread level and also on a more artistic, niche, genre and personally-advancing level.

yall did a good ass job.

Because it means he can just focus on making music

Man this album is fucking dope. I'm going to love when I can download it and put it on a CD. I mean what a fucking grooving mix of gospel and rap.

>taken a chance

what

are chance fans stupid or something? do you understand what OP is asking?

they ain't listen to the album yet famm

To be honest I just got really high and listened to it on youtube then discovered that it wasn't the album

He's basically famous and he's still pretending like he hasn't made it yet. It's kind of cute but it makes sense in a way because internet fame doesn't always equate to real fame, fame you can cash in on. I think he's still not really sure where his place is in the hip-hop game and he doesn't want to overstep his boundaries. At the same time tho, his music's just as good or better than rappers selling millions. It might turn out some day his best music he never made any money on, that's the risk

If he sold it he'd likely have to deal with a a label, or go the macklemore route and make some super poppy songs. If he gives it out for free he can just make the music he wants to make, selling merch isn't the same thing. He doesn't have labels breathing down his neck and it also means he can work with whoever he wants to

its an allusion to a lyric you mongoloids.
listen to the music before you post pls jesus.

Oh so it was a meme request and not an actual question

Then I'm responding to the lyric and not the OP. Same diff

blessings.

he doesn't make songs for free.
so if thats the premise you were working w/, you should go back to the source material, and try again.

What songs has he sold?

try to keep up.
youtube.com/watch?v=uZyt5dSNcFo

CHANCE IS INDUSTRY PLANT

THIS IS WORSE THAN PLEB MUSIC ITS BRAINWASHING YOU

this
the shit is enjoyable but don't take what he says too seriously.. it's a thing now to act "underground" or "outsider" but goddamnit he's fucking working with kanye west and shit, go home

Fucking christ I know the album, I was naive enough to think I was replying to someone being serious and not make stupid meme responses

Because it's a mixtape.

you did a good ass job
(whether you did or not, this a reference to a little known, older chance track. no dissertations pls)

Fuck you tahm bout?

If there was a job, you put some good ass effort.

MY FUCKING SIDES HOLY SHIT

lmao if you think the kid who blew up into major publication coverage w/his first tape out of ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY NOWHERE has no label support

there's a fuckton of label pr firm money behind chance