Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1RYPYCNfyL6
m.youtube.com/watch?v=FjBcNU1UZUs
youtube.com/watch?v=bDQkaI6DT3s
youtube.com/watch?v=TP4WoA7rBoU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>it's been over 7 months

yes, time moves linearly

how long did it take for you to figure that out?

I know, user.

If it's any consolation, he went out in the best possible way and his legacy will outlive all of us.

>>>/reddit/

what was your purpose in making this reply?

It's been 2 years

did Sup Forums cry?

took me til the evening but boy did I

And? His death was his own doing

fuck off with the edgy Sup Forums shit

wtf... your right.

god damn when am i going to get off my ass and do something with my life

yes. i cried.

I respect him and got emotional the day it was announced he passed but people seem to forget he died by choice, its not nearly as upsetting as bowie as he really didn't wanna go and had a lot plan for the future

No it hasn't

A whole fucking decade.

>beloved bipolar comedian starts slowly losing mind due to illness and hangs himself after being diagnosed with Parkinson's

yeah that's not upsetting at all

>Zyzz and Steve died within 5 years of each other
>tfw we lost the two greatest Australian heroes

the nigga made my childhood, I like South Park but fuck them for their shitty Steve Irwin jokes

I wouldn't say that, I doubt he made a rational, clearheaded decision. Dude had a serious mental illness, and they can be as tragic as physical ailments.

only time i cried in the past few years if after this girl i met on tinder told me she had a new boyfriend, i took her virginity on the first date and only saw her one other time besides that... she was so beautiful

I hope you fucking die

everyone dies once time catches up to you

good

who the fuck are you talking to

That makes it even more tagic, on top of the depression and Parkinson's

>suicide isn't tragic

what the fuck is wrong with you?

It's been nearly 20 years...

rip Spongebob

it's been 2 months

Butthurt faggots like you is why the world is so fucking soft. Reddit actually sounds fitting for you since you want a bullyfreezone.

>it's a teen thinks he's edgy for not sympathizing with suicide victims episode
or
>he's being serious and is actually this much of a retard

it's been half a year

it's almost a month away

dude heroin lmao

edgy xD

I like your ironic reply.

I thought this was hilarious for a second but now I'm just sad and worried and if he dies soon I'm gonna trace your IP and piss on your porch

:(

shut up nigger
not my GOAT BOB

Yeah. I cried when I found out, then for the next few days I'd sometimes tear up listening to his music, especially Lazarus.
Lazarus still makes me cry sometimes.
He has been my for many, many years and this is the first celebrity death to really affect me personally. I've had relatives die that didn't make me feel this low. I'm not proud of that but that's the truth.
Fuck I miss him.

chill out, gene simmons

>He has been my for many
I meant "my hero for many" etc.

nigga you know full well I was talking about Robin Williams

Clearly I didn't.

I never really liked Williams' work but respect how much he affected so many people. He was clearly a really great person.

What's everybody's favorite Bowie album?

Hunky Dory desu, nothing but raw unadulterated Bowie on that album

Station to Station but that's not an easy choice to make. Heroes, Ziggy, and Diamond Dogs are all really high up there, too.

This

Life on Mars? is definitely one of my favorite Bowie songs (and one of my all time favorite songs) but Hunky Dory's fallen out of my favor over the years. I can't get into Kooks or Fill Your Heart. I want to like Kooks, the backstory and everything is wonderful, but I just don't like it at all. I dig the BBC session version though.

>BBC session
Can we all agree that his version of White Light/White Heat on the BBC comp is better than the original? I love his TVU covers so much.

But dude, Andy Warhol. Quicksand. Changes.

Rise and Fall

I've never really gotten Bowie at all throughout my life, I never really gave him a listen. But the thing with me is when people die or bands break up, I start listening to them, I don't know why.

His Ziggy stuff hit me like a truck and was so impressed by the sheer vocal talent he had. Anyone can sing, but he had charisma.

I just randomly started singing Life On Mars just then, my throat is fucked because I just ate some cereal.

vocaroo.com/i/s1RYPYCNfyL6

Don't get me wrong, I may have sounded like LoM? was the only song I liked. I love Changes, Andy Warhol, Song for Bob Dylan, Queen Bitch, and Quicksand is up there with Mars for me. But as a whole I can't get into the album anymore as much.
Bowie is far and away my favorite musician so when I say Hunky Dory's not one of my favorite Bowie records it still ranks very highly in terms of my favorite records in general. I would not call it a bad album by any stretch.

You, uh, you didn't need to share that m8

>low
):

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FjBcNU1UZUs
Has anyone heard this? It transcends

Its just noise

Back in high school Ziggy Stardust was my favorite album of all time. Stayed that way for a long time. Now I think it's probably Heroes but Ziggy still holds a very special place for me. Really anything he put out from The Man Who Sold the World until Scary Monsters is great.
Maybe not Pin Ups.

>tfw they're both gone now

Diamond Dogs
Underrated as hell.

I'm not even remotely prepared for this.

Hunky Dory and Hours.. desu
Ziggy is up there too

>this is what redditors actually believe
time is a flat circle

Quicksand, Andy Warhol and the Bewlay Brothers are some of my favorite Bowie tracks easily

My top 3 in one song

its been 14 years :(

Thank god, 2 talentless hacks in the ground where they belong.

good to see other people on this board that love one of my favorite people of all time

still hurts.
good to see that people still remember him.

it took a lot of courage for you to insult dead people on the internet and we are all very proud of how hard you've worked

Stevie Wonder sounded whacky at the Grammys this dude's already gone

No talent!

Yes. That version is awesome tbqhf

His death will be huge for me and the squad I hang out with

>squad

Low

Heroes
Station to Station
Ziggy Stardust
Diamond Dogs
Aladdin Sane
Scary Monsters
Low
Hunky Dory
Young Americans
Man Who Sold the World
Blackstar
Lodger
David Bowie (Space Oddity)
Heathen
Let's Dance
Earthling
Pin Ups
The Next Day
Reality
Hours

The rest of his output I've listened to and it was forgettable enough that I can't really rank it or anything. Top 5 are really close and definitely change.

>tfw there's no end to this feel

I have a lot of trouble listening to blackstar lately without breaking into tears. ;__;

I saw the David Bowie Is exhibit last August and I'm glad I got to see it before he died, because there's no way I'd be able to see it now without breaking down in public. ;_____;

Who the fuck says squad

I literally cried when I saw this outfit with Ashes to Ashes playing on the screen next to it, just after I'd looked at the blue suit from Life On Mars. Holy shit man will there be another? ;w;

All dead from cancer, except Woody on drums there.

>Lodger
Really?

Ozzy Osbourne fans apparently

Lodger is my favourite of those "Berlin" albums. Low is babby's first avant garde, Heroes is overcooked but Lodger is just good fun songs and poetic imagery.

30 years ago when Bowie was at the very summit of his career. The most important artist of the 20th century.

youtube.com/watch?v=bDQkaI6DT3s

Bowie did. Idiot

StationToStation, Low, Heroes >>>>>> Lodger anyday anytime.

Plen detected. It's OK kid I like those albums too.

Enjoy it!
youtube.com/watch?v=TP4WoA7rBoU
>Asanti habari habari, asanti nabana nabana

A fantastic album, years ahead of the rest. That album was a massive influence on the 80s leading the way in what would become "world music". Later popularized by Paul Simon, Sting and many others.

That Red Sails song is incredible, and the whole album is just a lot of fun and subtle depth.

>dem menacing crickets

This burning eye will see me through.

>buh buh pitchfork said so

You must be only one in a million mate.

Sounds like a typical pleb:patrician ratio.

Why the fuck would you post this

Y tho?

Also like the typical autistic:normal ratio.

Scary Monsters, it's so weird and abrasive