Guy online is selling a 2011 17 inch Macbook Pro

Guy online is selling a 2011 17 inch Macbook Pro
>2.4GHz i7-2760
>4gb Ram
>1GB Radeon HD 6770M
He's asking $725 for it, should I fall for it and do the double SSD mod? Of course Ram would be swapped to 16gb too.
Would it be an "upgrade" over a baseline 13 inch 2014 Retina MBP? It works fine but it has no dedicated graphics and the SSD is too fucking small. I only do audio production and light video editing that requires no fancy effects anyways.

Besides, I want to have a spare computer so I can take one with me without worrying about what happens to it when I need to go out, and the 17 inch is like my wet dream from when I was 14 years old.
Wat do?

PCfaggots please refrain from derailing my thread into "REEEEE LE PC GAYMING BETTER THAN APPLEL"

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Buy it.
Sell it 10 years later for $2000 saying its a limited edition vintage macbook, and autists will buy it.

no, 2011's suffer from a failing dedicated gpu which will essentially xbox 360 on you (solder fucks up etc etc)

only the non-dedicated gpu one is worth buying

Not your personal fruit shit shopping guide. Fuck off mactoddler.

>Mac
May as well get a $300 Acer, it'll run 3x faster.

so let me get this straight. you are seriously considering paying $700 for laptop manufactured 7 years ago?

>2011's suffer from a failing dedicated gpu which will essentially xbox 360 on you
Shit I didn't know that.
On the other hand... The thing is 7 years old, the keyboard is noticeably worn so it doesn't look like the guy just kept it in the box just waiting to resell it. If it was going to, I think it would've already failed by now.

Take a close look, lads. Here we can appreciate the reading comprehension of the average PCuck.

The ABSOLUTE state of mactoddler brainlets.

These fucking retards actually pay $500 for Core 2 Duo trash.

Considering the fucking thing was $3000 when it came out...

>He's asking $725 for it,
>2011
>2011

macfag here
HELL NO.

that shit is worth $300 tops, but even then i wouldn't bother since you shouldn't buy anything older than haswell (massive battery gains). not to mention the lack of USB3. also, i've seen 2014-2015 rmbp's go for less.

Actual Mac user here, I would avoid it if you haven't done any hardware replacement in a MacBook before. Things in there are tucked away extremely intricately and it's very difficult to but everything back in there the exact way you found it.

As for the price, can't help you there.

u guys should go for the mac 1,1 and 2,1
u can put libreboot and makes for a sick hackintosh.

Doesn't matter, I can make my 2011 look good but as soon as you start to use it the gpu WILL fail and you will sit there looking stupid waiting for the battery to drain to 0 while the thing literally cooks itself and melts the solder back.

Do not buy it, it is a ticking timebomb, full fucking stop.

>i've seen 2014-2015 rmbp's go for less
No 17 inchers

>I would avoid it if you haven't done any hardware replacement in a MacBook before
Replacing the DVD Drive, HDD and Ram is extremely simple.

Fuck me, this is the last 17 inch model they made. I don't want to get something with a fucking Core 2 Duo.

someone tell me why they always portray hackers using macs? movies such as algorithm and Girl w dragon tattoo both use those heavy silver clunkers.

>>I don't want to get something with a fucking Core 2 Duo.
>wants to buy throttling overheating macshit that always performs 4 generations behind anything else because applel "engineers" are a fucking joke
lmao

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2018 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

are you retarded?
core 2 duo was discontinued in 2008.
all cpus from 2009-2018 are equivalently powerful

don't be retarded. you don't need a 17" laptop. stop micro managing windows. learn to use spaces and organize your workflow like a grown up.

yeah, or maybe he's moving it after he started getting kernel panics