New Gaming Rig

Potential setup: Modest gaming build

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($347.79 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($108.83 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($189.39 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Corsair - Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($225.24 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($110.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW2 Gaming iCX Video Card
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($107.88 @ OutletPC)
Case Fan: Corsair - Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition (2-Pack) 62.7 CFM 120mm Fans ($25.89 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Dell - S2417DG 23.8" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor ($417.00 @ Amazon)
Total: $1603.00

>Intel
>Current year
>>>/pcbg/

shit tier monitor

8th gen. Q4 2017

its really not bad. its better than the asus i exchanged it for. I just put it on my build for info purposes.

>gaming
What a waste of time. I hope you use GNU+Linux at least.

>modest
its not modest, and you only bought 250 gb ssd for vidya? honestly nothing too glaring, its a fine build

help me out then man! its been years since i've built something. anyone can be critcal. I don't want to have to worry about upgrading for a couple years.

the SSD is the only thing im not sure about. I was thinking i could always add on. thanks for the input!

>What a waste of time.

everything fun is a waste of time user, that especially includes posting here

true, posting here is a waste, but not everything that is fun is a waste.

Okay. Drop the dedicated GPU and use the Intel graphics. Get a Core 2 Duo and a compatible mobo. Get a Thinkvision 4:3 monitor. There, that will last you many years.

I'm starting to think like this. Its an obsession with efficiency. I can't help myself. Everything I do I subconsciously streamline. From getting water, to peeing, to showering. Am I broken ?

Small SSD, go 512 GB if you don't want to be restricted by it.
The case will restrict how many HDD you can have (2 i think.) That's fine if all you want to do is game and shitpost, but limited hoarding movies and TV shows will be possible.

>8700k
>1080

>modest
kek

funny guy

when not gaming, im working with tons of tabs, and multiple spreadsheets. Some are pretty large.

You post is helpful. I'll look at 512gb.
Thanks!

512 gb ssd + 2 4tb hdds masterrace

here it is

>tfw OP gets actual replies, nobody tells him to fuck off back to Sup Forums or /wsr/
Fuck you neo Sup Forums.

Should i really get hdd? I'll have a 512 ssd. I understand the benefits of having an hdd, but do most think its necessary?

>modest
>$1603.00
You can find better setups on falcon guide for much less

Meltdown ready

get a 1tb hdd for storage, because trust me, having just a 500 gb ssd will be problematic in the long run.

holy shit i forgot all about that site. its been quite a awhile since i built a rig

>modest
get a 1080 ti if you can afford it, you won't regret it. also get a better slightly larger case and bigger ssd

>Power
Does your pc really require a 750 watt PSU or do you plan on going SLI?

i really like that fractal case though. it appears to offer great airflow. the only problem is the gpu will be a tight fit with the radiator on being on the front.

i really wanted a msi armor or better yet a seahawk 1080ti, but nobody has them. i'm getting the evga fwt2 used for $650. it matches my black/silver theme too.

scoring with a rebate on the g3 750

You are spending too much on your mobo, ram, and psu.
Liquid cooled is a meme, stock senpai works fine. You don't need more fans than come with the case.

This is my opinion, but unless you are a competitive gamer, you should opt for an ips screen at a lower Hz. I doubt you'll notice or need the refresh rate, and the screen looks much nicer. 2k is the way to go right now though

>Liquid cooled is a meme, stock senpai works fine.
>8700K
>stock cooler

>11xx series right around the corner
>buying a 2 year old GPU
srsly why

I already have the monitor. i just listed it for reference. I really wanted an IPS, but I wasn't willing to drop the money on something nice that I would be confident in buying. Availablity was another factor. I got this deal for $440 at bb and it was the lowest anywhere at the time. Ive been happy with it. My current system just cant keep up with 1440p at all.
My overall goals with this setup is looks, and it has to be quiet when the gpu isn't under load. I've never gone with watercooling. It should fit my needs pretty well.

either that or a 1070ti which are already impossible to get without spending an shit ton. Even if i waited, im never going to get one under $1K the way the current market it. its insane!

How the fuck did you get all that for $1600?

Here's mine
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (air cooled)
B350 Tomahawk board
8GB Corsair Ram
7200 RPM HDD by Seagate ( I know all I could budget)
VideoCard; RX 580 4gb MSI (which I was lucky to get for 300)
P400s case by Phanteks
EVGA PSU 450W
HP monitor 60 hz 1080p

550$.. and I thought I got a good deal saving and waiting..

20$ mail in rebate probably saved your ass after spending $13,000 right? Haha nice build through I must say.

there's no price for the graphics card listed, that's why it's so cheap

$650 for the gpu

>spending $350 on toothpaste-mayo TIM

The later revisions are fine with some adjustment to the gamma. It's not a 10-bit IPS the color banding really isn't that noticeable and it's $300 less than the shitty 165hz IPS monitors.

thanks, nice dubs