/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Previous thread Fun thread >GREAT NEWS
All versions of uTorrent 2.x and higher BTFO.
bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1524
lock.cmpxchg8b.com/utorrent-crash-test.html
lock.cmpxchg8b.com/Ahg8Aesh.html

THE BLACKLIST: RED 3.x, 2.x tba, AB, BakaBT
At the very least, set net.discoverable to false under Advanced and disable WebUI, restart client.
If you can load localhost:10000 , even if it says 'invalid request', you are vulnerable.
Some argue the exploit actually doesn't lead to anything in 2.2.1, and is completely absent from 1.6.1. But that shit's from 2007.

If this concerns you, consider switching to
↳queueStalledmeme: qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,3224.0.html
↳Deldonteventhinkabouthavingover100torrents: github.com/Laharah/deluge-uTorrentImport
↳Lightweight Interface Cancer: btpd, Transmission Daemon + Remote GUI
↳Non-curry: rTorrent

>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/thLgSkNE
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
TEN CURRY COMMANDMENTS pastebin.com/raw/dBbdE73M

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Other urls found in this thread:

infinite-source.de/az/az-calc.html
reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/7zshwu/all_versions_of_utorrent_removed_from_the/
github.com/Phlooo/ruTorrent-MaterialDesign
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

LONG LIVE 2.2.1

It is affected by default though, and you can't rely on every user disabling the settings

utorrentcucks will only have shit trackers now

>uTorrent eternally btfo
This is the greatest day of my life.

No it isn't.

>post yfw when you trusted in Stallman and only use FOSS.

>even after all the adshit, bitcoin mining, and vulnerabilities uCucks still have to be FORCED to use a different client
Is it a mental illness?

why are they banning utorrent when transmission has a similar exploit?

Still getting blacklisted though :)

>utorrent fags claim for years that their proprietary shitware is the greatest
>gets utterly annihilated
I'm loving this.

>users at either end of the spectrum

what the F**K did they mean by this

So what client do we go to now and on what version?

because transmission's exploit was only possible if you had a webui without a password set (which is maximum tard)

Not PTP, and other sites will reverse after a couple weeks with nothing found.

t. too stupid to use 2.2.1

Is Richard ever wrong?

The latest and greatest qBittorrent.

It's in the OP.

Calculate your number of connections for optimum speed in qbt
infinite-source.de/az/az-calc.html

Are the copyright jews behind this ruse?

None of that affects 2.2.1, literally the greatest Windows client of all time.

so any trackers other than ab banned uT yet?

the current vulnerabilities do affect it, its going to be cabal blacklisted and you'll be stuck on BLU

read the OP fag

RED, AB, BakaBT, OT

oops

from PTP:

>Currently, we won't be banning 2.2.1.

>We will be banning the rest of the 3.x lineup though. There will be an official announcement regarding this (and the actual ban) later tonight or tomorrow.

tick tock utorrent cucks. you are living on borrowed time

*gets passkey stolen via exploit*

is that the templeOS guy?

nope its just friendly old man

nice meme

you're in fantasyland

If only uBotnet was open source then maybe 2.2.1 could have been forked...

>All versions of uTorrent 2.x and higher BTFO.
Good. uTorrent is now synonymous with cancer. There are plenty of great alternatives out there, such as qBittorent. Get onto it.
Most arguments made against qBittorent is quite pedantic and superficial.
Further points: You know why qBittorent is infinitely better than uTorrent? Because it's 100% open source. I can dive into the code and see WTF's going on. There is no spyware bullshit. No nefarious activity. No ads. No need to fall back to ancient version of the app, just to be safe. qBittorent does what it was designed to do. It is maintained and it evolves. I take that over saving a few MB of RAM on my 32 GB rig.

dont talk about cancer please it triggers me

Sorry, but no. qBittorrent is not a great alternative. It's buggy, and uses ten (10!) times more RAM than uTorrent (in my case, 35 MB for uT, 450 MB for qBit), and quite a few other minor things. It sucks.

new desitorrents any day now!

Lol. Smh...seriously, what you are on Win98 with 3gigs of ram or something and still using a Page File? I never surpass 200mb of memory and have nearly 1k torrents loaded up.

Has anyone ever gotten a copyright notice from AB?

1000 torrents is a tiny amount, 3500 is how many I'm seeding.

I am amazed that people still complain about RAM/Memory issues in 2018.

stop lying. i'm using 100mb with 500 torrents.

Isn't it time for bed, highschool boy?

*Woops I meant 5000 torrents :)

Well of course it's going to up when you keep adding more n more. But in this day and age, it's absolutely meaningless unless you're running something powered by two hamsters on a wheel. Even as I monitored shit being constantly added into the client, nothing even budged at all.

I'm seeding 5x more than you and still not managing to go much over 400mb of ram usage.

So when is APL going to step up to the plate? I have heard no announcements from O re. uTorrent

uBotnet also uses 100x CPU when it's mining cryptocoins.

WebUI is actually off by default in 2.2.1, and without it on it looks like the announced exploits will deadend. Of course RED figures new exploits will come out too, and won't take the chance on WebUI fags.

there's also the RPC mechanism, which is different from web UI

You also need to set net.discoverable to false

Which still seemingly deadends.

What if we all agreed on not exploiting utorrent's holes? It'd be like tipping your waitress so she doesn't go broke. We can't give up on the best windows client!

B A S E D

are you beats?

Is libtorrent 1.1 actually slower than 1.0? Or has that been fixed?

>seeding on your computer and not a dedicated machine

No but I am

Pre- 3.x uTorrent is just is too good and there are NO good alternatives. If nothing comes up the communities will revolt if they're left banned.
Also, 1.6.1 doesn't even have the underlying vector. So that's running 11 years with no exploits and it's invulnerable to all possible permutations of this one.
Looking at 1.6.1, I don't see much of anything missing except https tracker support and the relocate function to point it to a file whose name has been altered.

nice summary. thanks

>seedbox
Fag

>no good alternatives
rtorrent works great and most of the actual seeders use it

how is file renaming cumbersome? select file, press f2, type new name. same as every windows file manager of the past 25 years

i hope you are right user. i hope you are right

not a seedbox, an old computer that can be left on all the time in your house, free, unlike seedboxes.
can you read?

lmaoin @ u rn

utorrent defense force out in numbers tonight.

all the users the trackers actually need are switching right now, take a look at the forums

>dedicated machine
>not a seedbox
Just because it's a personally owned seedbox doesn't mean it's not a seedbox.

using a home connection makes it not a seedbox.

>command line
>Linux
>uses gigabytes of RAM for no reason

You are technically correct - the best kind of correct.

>command line
what did he mean by this?
also
>using anything other than linux on a server

i wish i was as badass as beats

>FOSS
>a plus

p00dah and noff01 arguing on reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/7zshwu/all_versions_of_utorrent_removed_from_the/ is hilarious

if utorrent was FOSS we wouldn't be having this problem right now would we?

And it would have been ram hogging library stacking shit all along like the rest of them.

I am amazed apps waste it for no reason other than lack of ideas and total inefficiency 8 years later. But torrenting is so 2004. We're never getting a better client than 2.2.1.

enjoy your blacklist (:

I'll enjoy transferring to an objectively shittier client so I can continue this dying art of borrowing movies from the Internet.

Does qBittorrent still look like shit?.

>the current vulnerabilities do affect it
not true

friendly reminder that utorrent 2.2.1 is still invulnerable and therefore remains as the best torrent client of all times

Legit question. I would enjoy if someone could post a screenshot too. I remember trying it some years ago but the interface was goddamn awful.

it looks even worse now, no joke

github.com/Phlooo/ruTorrent-MaterialDesign

it's alright

Is there something like what posted to make it not look like that?

It looks something like this

BASED

If you're on Linux, you can just change your GTK theme

How are you posting without javascript?

>AB completely banned uTorrent
>RED banned most uTorrent versions with plans to ban the rest in the near future
>PTP banning uTorrent 3.x, possibly 2.2.1 in the future
>OT banned all uTorrent versions years ago
A new golden age is upon us.

Sup Forums nor recaptcha requires javascript.