I know I'm going to get shit for this but try and be gentle. I just sold a house and I'm looking to build my dream PC...

I know I'm going to get shit for this but try and be gentle. I just sold a house and I'm looking to build my dream PC. My budget is $10k but that's also including accessories like monitors, speakers, etc. I know you guys will say I will never need to spend that much on rig but I think I'm going to go through with it.

I'll start putting something together on pcpartpicker for critique if ya'll are willing to help me pick some parts or if you guys want to put something together in that price range I'll look at it and incorporate it. I'm really going all out on this so I'm not too worried about price in favor of cheaper components.

Please be gentle.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nfUk9Do5nOE
pcpartpicker.com/list/2b8ZLJ
pcpartpicker.com/list/DNqdCb
pcpartpicker.com/list/B9YXLJ
caseking.de/der8auer-core-i7-8700k-5-1-ghz-ultra-edition-cpbu-161.html
siliconlottery.com/collections/coffeelake/products/8700k52g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>$10k
Coffee lake i7(maybe OC one)
1080ti
Mobo (one with diagnostic on it and lot of usb port, atleast 2x 2.0)
Noctua cooler, water cooling if u want to be "cool" kid. I think a normal one is just as nice.
A case which in everything fit.
Monitor: ips one but try to check it before buying it.
There is audio threads on Sup Forums.
Also send me a 1060 6gb because i refuse to buy this at this price.

Also don't go cheap. Get good components (no need to be premium or rgb ones)
For the Vcard: get a 2-3 fan model.
You can check your build watt needs with psu calculator. Add atleast 10%(25%) to the watt and buy it in that range. So if it needs 500 watt get atleast s 550W or 600W PSU.

What a numale faggot.

>Get a epyc with as much ECC ram you can get.
>get some nvmes
>brap on the poster above

Buy a $3k PC now and a $7K PC when the CPU/GPU/RAM markets aren't fucked.

This

I just sold a house so I don't mind coughing up the dough even if miners are fucking the market.

I wish I still had what I was building in my newegg shopping cart but I just had to get a new phone and it got erased. I'll start putting together the pcpartpicker if you guys will give me a little time.

I have a 4770k and I love but since I'm going all out, is there any reason I shouldn't get the i9 7980XE, 7960X, 7900X or 7940X?

Also, I know 128GB ram is extreme overkill but I've been trying to decide between that 64GB.

Best I could give you is my GTX 780.

Also, I followed CES but one of my main worries about building a rig this expensive is chasing the dragon. I'm worried I'm going to build it and the GTX 1180 or whatever they're going to call it will be announced the day I start building.

I9 isn't worth it. Also 7k series are superseded by coffee lake 8k series cpu

Get coffee lake it has igpu and play games from 2015 or before. Or even emulators. Even a ps3 runs smoothly on i5 8400. Proof youtu.be/nfUk9Do5nOE

Spend a reasonable amount on a rig and blow the rest on luxury peripherals.

excuse my ignorance but can you go into why its better than the i9's listed?

I9 is expensive (cost-worth ratio is bad, also it needs good cooler from what i see from reviews.) i won't consider buying one even if i had near limitless income.

Maybe, just MAYBE for memeing reason i would.

>highest end gaymer CPU
>highest end gaymer GPU(s)
>1+ TB SSD, no HDD (just get a NAS if you want to store more than a couple terabytes)
>External HDD or better for backups
>4K monitor(s) for high resolution
>1440p high refresh rate monitor(s) for high refresh rate gayming (1080p 240 Hz isn't worth it over 1440p 165 Hz imo) (both monitors with g-sync if you go for an nvidia GPU)
>good mouse, keyboard, headphone, etc.

I'm not a fan of SLI but I was going to get at least two 1080TI's. I have 3 SSD's from my current desktop but I might get some better ones or go with a raid set up.

What keyboard and mouse would you recommend? I was looking at the Logitech G403. Also what monitor should I be looking at? I was planning on grabbing 3. I don't know too much about sound systems but I'll worry about that at another time.

I'm still kinda set on the i9 but you guys will probably be able to talk me into the i7. Now for memory, should I go with 128GB ram or just got 64GB. Keep in mind I film, do a shit ton of rendering and do virtual work.

I imagine this thread will stay up a min so I'll put together the pcpartpicker after I finish this chess tourney.

Now, I'm really interested in watercooling, I'm running a H00i and it works wonders but I want the real deal, I just don't know the 101's when it comes down to the hardware, socket sizes, etc.

And thanks for the help anons. I expect to be berated and called a retard immediately for my budget but I have some issues and I want to spend the money on my hobby and truly enjoy it otherwise I'll waste the money within a month and have nothing to show for it.

Just send it already then

I'll give it to you for a fair price, this ain't a charity nigga.

your dream pc is going to be average and boring in 1 year. Try to use the money more wisely, maybe spend 1 thou at a decent box and go on a vacation with the rest of the budget

If you're going to spend that much on GPUs, you might as well just go all out and buy a Titan V.
For keyboards, Ducky makes really nice ones.. Browse mechanicalkeyboards.com and see what you find.
The G403 is a nice mouse, but the excessive spending option to match the rest of the build would be a G903 or G703 with the wireless charging mousepad.
Dell UltraSharps tend to be great monitors.
i9 is shit. Get a Threadripper 1950X.
For custom watercooling, take a look at ekwb.com

>Keep in mind I film, do a shit ton of rendering and do virtual work.
Get Xeon or Threadripper. You may also want to consider GPUs with HBM2 memory if you have heavy compute/graphics workloads that go beyond gaymen.

What makes you say 2-4 1080TI's will be average in a year? Has any new killer app hardware been announced?

I heard the titan isn't that great for gaming and more for super workstation? Is the Titan a good card to SLI?

Gaming is top priority, editing and shit is just side job.

threadripper is still fine for games

Thanks, I'm still very interested in the i9 but I trust Sup Forums and you guys are turning back on to the i7, I do love my 4770k.

What is the best i7 you guys would recommend. I'll get working on that pcparkpicker soon.

No one has addressed the 64 vs 128 for ram. With VR growing, I'd like to max out. I have the money to spend, it's not that much more for the 128. What RAM do ya'll recommend. I was looking at the more high end corsair hardware but it's also pretty memey. Perhaps ricey is what im going for but really I want to build the most swag machine I can.

Get 3866+ ram, even if it's rgb. Don't listen to fucktards whose says that all you need is some shittty 3000- ram. Any modern streaming heavy game(witcher3/asscreed) scales really good with memory speed.

Noted, thanks user. But that still doesnt answer between 128 vs 64

You can't get 128 on consumer boards since consumer fast ram is 16GB/stick. And you don't need SKL-X since meshturd sucks balls at gaming.

Could have swore the ASUS board I was looking at supported 128.

Alright user, tell me if you like it.
pcpartpicker.com/list/2b8ZLJ

>850 evo
>not an 960 pro

Sorry, I forgot that.
pcpartpicker.com/list/DNqdCb

Avoid the 900D meme case.

The sidedoor opening mechanism is garbage and bends too much in a fully loaded system.

Sorry, im an intel fag. I'll be posting my build here shortly.

Can someone tell me if the titan is better than the 1080I for gaming and is the titan a decent card to SLI?

Which one? Titan V is the most powerful GPU on the market right now, however you can't SLI it. Titan XP is slightly better than 1080 ti at the same clocks, but 1080ti AIB will cool and overclock better, so it will be better, unless you add custom cooling to the titan.

this seems a good a place as any. I heard it's a bad time to build yourself since prices are wonky at the moment, so pre-builts are more attractive than they have been in the past since manufacturers don't change prices internally.

Just curious if this seems reasonable, at a glance.

I built my last desktop, but that was many years ago, and it just feels like time to refresh but I haven't been paying attention to the market.

I appreciate any help.

Problem with prebuilt is that the parts are mostly shit. Shit fans, shit PSU, shit mobo and so on

Not actually, check out IGN Deals, they post very good prebuilts for like 1000 bucks with a GTX 1070 and an i5

Didn't realize you couldn't SLI the titan, are you saying the 1080TI solo is better for gaming or SLIing it?

Dumb question but how do 4 1080TIs perform? if I'm going all out why stop at two?

>how do 4 1080TIs perform
They don't. Unless you want to build a mining rig/ house fire.

Titan v is better in games that don't support SLI and dual 1080tis are better in games that do support SLI. Personally I would buy one 1080ti right now and upgrade to dual gtx2080 when it comes out.

I didnt know it was announced, when is it coming out?

I can always get the two 1080ti's and sell them when the new card drops since even used cards are in high demand and go for a good price.

It wasn't, but it is coming out at some point.
Considering current inflated prices, and miners dumping their cards you probably won't even get half of your money back.

Unlike a House, where the value fluctuates, a PC's components only depreciate. Your idea is terrible.

Meh, I'll deal with it, between the i9, the 2080TI seems like the only thing worth me replacing within the next year or two. I'll just get the 1080TI for now and replace it when the time comes, maybe I'll throw it in my current rig instead of sell it for a loss. I just got back home so I'm going to start working on picking the parts and see what you guys think. Threads going pretty slow so I should have enough time to make it, post it and get it critiqued before it dies.

I didn't have the money to repair/upkeep it to rent it. Plus it was my late father's home and I wouldn't feel comfortable living there. I got a good price for it despite the horrible condition. Basically I plan on buying this PC, a couple guns, a pretty nice car then investing the rest.

Side note, did 4chanx just stop working for ya'll?

pcpartpicker.com/list/B9YXLJ
Use the rest for a custom loop for your CPU and GPU and some real audio equipment.
I9 isn't really worth it.

Ignore the cooler i picked there

Not bad but I have some tweaks to make. I'll put together my build when I get back from the bank.

your dad worked his life for that house
and you just sell it? like that - to become a slave ... again?

its not much, but i needed portability with my new job
it performs better than my desktop with its Q6600 and Quadro FX 4600
and thats kinda neat, a ULV mobile processor with integrated graphics outperforms what was once a high end workstation in 2006

wait im retarded

caseking.de/der8auer-core-i7-8700k-5-1-ghz-ultra-edition-cpbu-161.html

siliconlottery.com/collections/coffeelake/products/8700k52g

If you don't feel like delidding yourself. First one has a silver IHS, that's why it's that expensive I assume

get a server rack and build a 100+ core supercomputer server and use a dumpster keyboard and crt garage sale.
profit???