Have one on me releases and is like 5 hours long

>have one on me releases and is like 5 hours long
>GOTYAY, its a masterpiece etc etc
>views and colour in anything release, are only 1 hour long each
>what the fuck is this self indulgent shit lmao

why is this allowed

HOOM is actually musically and lyrically interesting and can sustain itself over the long run time.

There's a difference between having enough material to sustain a long album and jerking yourself off for way longer than you have any reason to

Some albums justify their length and others don't.

I thought James Blake did very well and he delivered what I expected. My only issue was the length. I have no intention of listening to it in sequence from top to bottom again.

Views has no cohesion and that automatically turns armchair music critics off. They think every rap album has to be MBDTF in format or else it's trash.

well, you see, sport, the problem here, which you're kind of ignoring, is that, simply put, champ, one of those albums, just one of them, is, for lack of a better term, good, and the others, the other two, well, they're not really, in a way, good

>HOOM
2-hour long album with complex arrangements. One of the most talented songwriters of this generation was behind it, and it shows.
>Color In Anything
Stripped down atmospheric pop. An hour is already pushing it for this kind of album, because the music is simply not dynamic enough to be sustained for a long period of time.
>Views
A rap/R&B album. Like all rap albums, it's loaded with filler and could probably be cut down to an EP without sacrificing much.

>TCIA isn't
>TCIA isn't
>TICA doesn't
>TCIA isn't dynamic

Fucking morons

>wahhhhh why don't people like what I like
Please don't compare Joanna newsom to James Blake, he has one good album. And I'll just pretend you didn't even mention drake.

Please don't compare Joanna Newsom to James Blake, she has one good album (and it's not HOOM).

>she has one good album
Yes, i agree with you, it is milk eyed mender
Ys, hoom and divers are not good, they incredible

>comparing Ys' 10 minute+ symphonic folk masterworks to HOOM's overlong indulgences and Divers' mediocrity

James Blake's music really isn't very dynamic. I'm not even saying that TCIA is a bad album, just that a stripped down release should be shorter. Length is a valid complain in that case.

What happened to the 20 minute song, anyway?
All 3 of his albums, along with his many EPs, are pretty good.
All of Joanna's albums and her one studio EP are great.

hahahahah xD

>James Blake's music really isn't very dynamic.
>I didn't hear Timeless, Two Men Down, or Always

>there are twooo meennnn dowwwnnn! X 100
Yeah man that song really goes places towards the end there

HOOM A SHIT

I really liked The Colour in Anything but no moment on that album is nearly as good as the harmonies on Good Intentions Paving Company

Did you listen to it...?

joanna newsom's voice gives me diarrhea

but the ass is fat

shut the fuck up you neet

>Good Intentions Paving Company

one of the lamest songs on there

good job fampai