A Master Programmer passed a novice programmer one day

A Master Programmer passed a novice programmer one day.

The Master noted the novice's preoccupation with a hand-held computer game.

"Excuse me," he said, "may I examine it?"

The novice bolted to attention and handed the device to the Master. "I see that the device claims to have three levels of play: Easy, Medium, and Hard," said the Master. "Yet every such device has another level of play, where the device seeks not to conquer the human, nor to be conquered by the human."

"Pray, Great Master," implored the novice, "how does one find this mysterious setting?"

The Master dropped the device to the ground and crushed it with his heel. Suddenly the novice was enlightened.

install gentoo

a thread died for this

Hardware met Software on the road to Changtse. Software said: "You are Yin and I am Yang. If we travel together, we will become famous and earn vast sums of money." And so they set forth together, thinking to conquer the world.

Presently, they met Firmware, who was dressed in tattered rags and hobbled along propped on a thorny stick. Firmware said to them: "The Tao lies beyond Yin and Yang. It is silent and still as a pool of water. It does not seek fame; therefore, nobody knows its presence. It does not seek fortune, for it is complete within itself. It exists beyond space and time."

Software and Hardware, ashamed, returned to their homes.

a thread on page 10 nobody cared about

a potential post died for this

A novice asked the Master: "Here is a programmer that never designs, documents or tests his programs. Yet all who know him consider him one of the best programmers in the world. Why is this?"

The Master replied: "That programmer has mastered the Tao. He has gone beyond the need for design; he does not become angry when the system crashes, but accepts the universe without concern. He has gone beyond the need for documentation; he no longer cares if anyone else sees his code. He has gone beyond the need for testing; each of his programs are perfect within themselves, serene and elegant, their purpose self-evident. Truly, he has entered the mystery of Tao."

cool story

Everyone, all these quotes are from an ebook called The Tao of Programming. Even though the anons posting excerpts here think they are the shit, the book it self is actually an interesting and easy read.

May you enlighten yourself and make software run like a gentle wind

A novice of the temple once approached the Master Programmer with a question: “Master, does Emacs have the Buddha nature?” the novice asked.

The Master Programmer had been in the temple for many years and could be relied upon to know these things. He thought for several minutes before replying: “I don’t see why not. It’s bloody well got everything else.”

That programmer? A black genderqueer person of colour from Baltimore.

9.8/10

You mean CoC organiser?

Impressive. You’re absolute dogshit at coding, writing koans, and choosing appropriate images.

you should obfuscate this better by replacing "Tao" with some tech jargon. gentoo, for instance.

/thread

That's a fancy way of saying
>stop playing videogames and do something productive, you manchild

Thank you

The novice invent stories about he becomes master and teach another novices

The master just programming.

"I see that the device claims to have three levels of play: Easy, Medium, and Hard," the Master started turning Hard. Novice grabbed his device and it enlightened all over him.

(OP)
>a thread died for this
It merely reincarnated.

This

Sup Forums is as cyclic as it gets

They're actually well written to match Lao Tzu's style

>wasting a thread with quotes of aspies treating their design guidelines as "wisdom"

Sounds awfully lot like the master was weak willed or had insecurities.

>not recognizing the hacker koans
gb2leddit

>master
>weak willed
>insecurities

I've read enough fortune to know where this is from

I never realized it was called firmware because it is between software and hardware. Woah.

Wrong!
The Master is helping the weak willed novice.

Fuckers in school telling me, always in the barber shop Chief Keef ain’t bout this, Chief Keef ain’t bout that My boy a BD on fucking Lamron and them He, he they say that nigga don’t be putting in no work SHUT THE FUCK UP! Y’all niggas ain’t know shit All ya motherfuckers talk about Chief Keef ain’t no hitta Chief Keef ain’t this Chief Keef a fake SHUT THE FUCK UP Y’all don’t live with that nigga Y’all know that nigga got caught with a ratchet Shootin’ at the police and shit Nigga been on probation since fuckin, I don’t know when! Motherfuckers stop fuckin’ playin’ him like that Them niggas savages out there If I catch another motherfucker talking sweet about Chief Keef I’m fucking beating they ass! I’m not fucking playing no more You know those niggas role with Lil’ Reese and them.