Hi Sup Forums

Hi Sup Forums
Why do people pretend to like this album when it's complete shit and lacks any semblance of emotion?

Listen to it again. Also, listen to classical and experimental music released prior to it.

It's pretty good but also very grating to the ears.
It lacks emotion because experimental krautrock is not known for it.
It is a true poseurcore staple tho

Can you just accept that the majority of people who listen to this music actually enjoy it? I'd understand if you were talking about electroacousmatic improvision or some other similar genre, but stuff like Faust, Glenn Branca, Steve Reich, and free jazz isn't that hard to understand (at least, if you don't think every Radiohead album is a masterpiece).

>lacks any semblance of emotion?
what
no
how would you think that

>It lacks emotion because experimental krautrock is not known for it.
fucking lmao

go listen to coldplay

Radiohead has for about a year now been my favorite band. They were really the first band I got into outside of Oasis and Coldplay when I was first taking a serious look into music and albums. Today it is still much the same. I love Radiohead and I love basically all their work save for Pablo Honey and The King Of Limbs. OK Computer is in my opinion the best album of all time and I think Kid A is one of the best albums of all time.

That being said I think until today Radiohead was on somewhat of a spiral to the group of mediocrity. I thought that Thom was influencing the group too much with his newfound love for cold sounding electronics and minimal vocals and I thought that rather than coming together and forming cohesive albums Radiohead had turned into somewhat of a side project for all the guys in the band as they worked on their solo albums.

This album not only proves this idea wrong, but it shows a band that not only works together and has to work together to make a good album, but it shows that the group is allowing each member to contribute in their own way to the album itself.

A Moon Shaped Pool starts off strong with Burn The Witch and its fast paced strings and in between the album never lets down, through its slow winding tracks to its cascading string tracks like Daydreaming, Ful Stop, and Present Tense.
True Love Waits also gets a facelift and a new life much like Nude on In Rainbows and although I prefer the original, this version fits much better with the overall feeling of the album.

A Moon Shaped Pool is also one of the least electronic-based Radiohead albums since Kid A, and even has less electronic and drum driven tracks than In Rainbows did, which is a welcomed surprise for me and for fans of Radiohead's older work.
This however is unlike any work Radiohead has put out, its depressing, but it does so in a way that is very lush and cold at the same time, which is almost a perfect feeling.

>They were really the first band I got into outside of Oasis and Coldplay when I was first taking a serious look into music and albums.
>when I was first taking a serious look into music and albums

WHAT THE FUCK

klfjdasklfjds;l

I enjoy Faust? When did I say that I did not enjoy it?

It's not something I listen to every day, but it's good

It's a pasta you stupid fuck

Do you even know what you're writing? I wasn't even talking about that, dumbass.

Faust IV is better by a long shot

>poseurcore
You misspelt "avant-teen" again.

oasis and coldplay suck and you are a fuckin faggot that should kill yourself

OP here, listening to Faust IV now. This is much better. s/t is 2deep4me.

yea its an amazing album. Jennifer is one of my favorite songs of all time

you do realise that I do know that it's a montie review you fucking moron

>It is a true poseurcore staple tho
So is John Fahey.

s/t is my favorite album of all time but I just can't get into IV, 6/10 imo

you leave fahey out of this you slut

no its not

what's wrong with electroacoustic improv music asswipe

there's nothing wrong with it, just there are a lot of people who claim to enjoy it when they don't

i didn't ask for your input retard

I didn't ask for your input retard

>tfw no one will ever appreciate the Feldman-influenced piano work of John Tilbury the way we do

what are your favorite works from him user

>Lacks any semblance of emotion

The ending of Meadow Meal and the middle section of Miss Fortune are some of the most emotional moments I've experienced in a rock album.

dude, I like faust, it's not emotionless, it's just german emotion, it works different.

The album "Duos for Doris" he did with Keith Rowe is very wonderful. I also liked his contributions to David Sylvian's "Manafon" record.

duos is definitely great

never heard of Manafon, I'll check it out though, sachiko m's listing in the credits made me laugh

>to organize
>and analyze
>and in the end realize
>that no one knows if it really happened

how do you not get feels when you listen that