Can we take a moment to compare adblockers? Which one is the best? Adblock, adblock plus, ublock origin, adguard...

Can we take a moment to compare adblockers? Which one is the best? Adblock, adblock plus, ublock origin, adguard? Which is the best to you, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/StevenBlack/hosts
adnauseam.io/
someonewhocares.org/hosts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

unlock orgin + umatrix

github.com/StevenBlack/hosts

Don't you get less control with a hosts list over a blocking extension?

>i want to block stuff but
>i don't want to block stuff

nano adblock + nano defender

Hosts files a shit.
You might want to allow CSS/image from a domain but not scripts, but not block the whole domain.
Something like uMatrix WITH Host files is superior. Also uBlock Origin for cosmetic filtering.

>autism

ublock is too limiting because it sucks

adguard since it shuts those niggas down before it ever touches my browser plus I can use whatever browser I want without a care

The only difference between major adblockers is performance and how fast the page loads. The actual adblocking is determined from filter lists like easylist that all the major adblockers use.

Unironically, AdNauseam is the only long-term solution if we all band together and use it correctly (set click-rate to around 10%).
adnauseam.io/

All of them rely on third party filters and even then I'm not even sure if they all got them all. I know for a fact easylist removed an ad domain because of a DMCA request so your filter lists are as only good as much as you trust them.

>0.02 cents have been deposited in your bank account

They're all the same you retard. If they all use the same lists they're all the same. No difference between any of the major adblockers.

I just use Pi-hole, it works surprisingly well and removes the annoying ads. I would install ublock origin and umatrix for some extra blocking, because ads that come from the domains themselves or obscure domains aren't handled. (like youtube)

Stay mad Sup Forumsoogler, you know this will hurt you long-term because the money's gotta come from somewhere.

I just put this in hosts

someonewhocares.org/hosts/

and run ublock origin

Both a hosts file and ublock origin are domain based. Even if you turn on advanced mode you don't get the degree of control umatrix offers because it's still either allow the domain or don't allow the domain.

Advertising on the internet is basically a scam, it doesn't work. That's why the web advertising bubble will burst soon, companies are starting to wake up.

I'm too much of a brainlet to use umatrix. I'm sorry if I disappointed you.

I don't know why the AdNauseam movement stopped when Google announced their ATH financial profit the quarter after this was started. It only shows that ad-clicking does work and long-term the companies that continue to pump money into WebAds will eventually run out of cash.

Companies are typically following the ads => crypto mining JS => paywall => insolvency pattern. It turns out that most websites aren't actually useful as a business in their own right.

>use umatrix
>site breaks until I click some red squares
Getting real tired of choosing safety over comfort.

1. Install a separate browser like Vivaldi, Opera, doesn't matter
2. (Ideally only) Install AdNauseam adnauseam.io/ and set the click-rate to about 10%
3. Set the browser settings to purge everything upon exit -- cookies, cache, etc.
4. Use this browser for casual web browsing, browsing the news, etc.
5. ???
6. PROFIT!

fuck off

kill yourself shill

Spotted the Googlers

>everyone who disagrees with me is a googler
spotted the shill

You're saving your settings right? I have all of my sites set up and if I visit a new site I rarely have to do anything. It doesn't take long to allow something anyways. If I'm visiting a new site it's also nice to see what kind of scripts are running anyways to see if it's malicious.

ublock origin is so limited, you're still not blocking everything even with max settings

ublock is a hider

You're doing it wrong

What adblocker doesn't get detected?

use all of them for maximum protection!

>imma "block" your ads by serving you up my ads with shit that people who've paid me to sell to you
It was a failed model. And yes I know I've over simplified but you can't say it's incorrect....

ITT: kids who are too young to remember that adblockers came into existence during dialup times to essentially stop ads chewing up bandwidth...

>ctrl+f
>no "pi-hole"
the state of this board

I'm too lazy to set it up since ublock just works

adnauseam.io/

literally
>>imma "block" your ads by serving you up my ads with shit that people who've paid me to sell to you

Except they're not, because they don't all support the same features which determines what subset of the filters can actually work. Why are you such a brainlet? Do you think that all types of injection and content filtering magically appear in your codebase if you load a filter list? Do the browser APIs also create themselves out of thin air? Fascinating stuff...