AUSTRALIAN PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

IMPORTANT

All Aussies read this: computerworld.com.au/article/383261/microsoft_loss_over_event_viewer_scam/

There's [a] scammer(s) going around, calling people here to run a program and download another to take remotely control of your computer to download spyware and/or steal your I.D. I just narrowly dodged a bullet minutes ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

computerworld.com.au/article/383261/microsoft_loss_over_event_viewer_scam/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thanks for the heads up mate.

They've been doing that for years

First they'll either ask for the main user of the Internet / user of the main computer or they'll attempt to get you to use the "Run" program and search and run "eventvwr".

>Using windows

are you fucking retarded
have you sent money to an African prince before?

this desu

i don't see how anybody could ever fall for this except for old people. That is the only group of people capable of falling for this

My girlfriend came to me telling me it's my provider's Tech Support f.a.m

>There's [a] scammer(s) going around
holy shit stop the press!

I've got a friend who falls for these traps. Bloody idiot. "No idiot, your great-lost-uncle did not leave you one million dollars in his will".

haha
you're like one of these old people who fall for door to door scammers

kek
how fucking retarded can one person be

t. linux "hacker"

He must be really stupid if hes with a girl that retarded.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux.

Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.

Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

This is a serious matter of internet crime, possibly involving various organised crime-rings. Please take this seriously and in the future treat all phone calls with precaution.

Thanks

>This is a serious matter of internet crime

This isn't serious at all, only idiots fall for Pajeet calling them and telling them they have "15 wiruses on your computer sir"

good post

@Anonymous 09/14/16(Wed)09:14:12 No.64860296▶ IMPORTANT

All Aussies read this: computerworld.com.au/article/383261/microsoft_loss_over_event_viewer_scam/

There's [a] scammer(s) going around, calling people here to run a program and download another to take remotely control of your computer to download spyware and/or steal your I.D. I just narrowly dodged a bullet minutes ago.

Thank you for warning us! :)
Best wishes

Janez Novak

thanks

When you inevitably fall into the trap these skilled criminals plant for you, don't say I didn't try to warn you.

Stay safe.

Thanks

i wonder who it could be

Did you once fall for one of these and want to guilt people who almost do the same / do the same too or what?

Indians