/hackintosh/

Anyone running the world's most advanced OS? Just made the switch to High Sierra and it's my first time using macOS.
Any tips for someone who's been using GNU/Linux and Windows for his entire life?

Other urls found in this thread:

brew.sh/
macports.org/
gnu.org/proprietary/malware-apple.en.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Fh9u29kZ89o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do you faggots always come out on Sup Forums? No one cares what you use.

Sup Forums is literally full of threads with people bragging about what they use. Be it smartphones, headphones, OS, DE.
This has been consumer board for years now.

>macOS

>Any tips for someone who's been using GNU/Linux and Windows for his entire life?
brew.sh/
macports.org/

>going out of your way to install an OS locked down like Windows but much less functional

Why are you even allowed to live?

>reddit spacing
I think you're the one that should not be allowed to live.
macOS is pretty much a functional GNU/Linux distro. You just have to learn how to use it, which is what I'm trying to.
Remember, it's a certified UNIX system, different from lelnux

No, it's not. You're a delusional macfaggot with too much time in your hands.

>macOS
>GNU/Linux distro
gnu.org/proprietary/malware-apple.en.html

honestly I cant figure out how to make my laptop a hackintosh

It's easier on a desktop desu senpai
>freetards

Sierras are buggy, slow shit
>good
le capitan, mavericks, mountain lion, snow leopard, tiger
>shit
sierras, yosemite, lion

Weird. It's working great here, user.
Can you share some experience? I'm still trying to get comfortable here.

I want to start on a new Hackintosh.

But the sierras have apfs files system

>imagine being such a beta loser that you saved this pic in your computer

>>imagine being such a beta loser that you use macos

I'm posting from my thinkpad

Only turbo losers care this much about a brand

Install Homebrew

>muh UNIX
Go ahead and name 5 benefits of UNIX certification on macOS.

>Le beer meme
Can these indie soyboy devs not incorporate beer/coffee into their shitty program? Jesus. Just use Macports like a regular person.

But there are UNIX certified distros. Not that there's any value to that.

>installed latest update on sierra
>now system only boots in safe mode
Thanks apple

Anyone running High Sierra on a T420? How do you install it?

>Anyone running the world's most advanced OS
yes, i am running qubes, thanks for asking

Is there a one click install for this shit? When I tried installing this there was 10 scripts I had to run on a command line

cmd+shift+4 to screenshot windows
press space immediately after that combo to screenshot an area.

>macshit
Found your problem.

>Anyone running the world's most advanced OS?
I use it on a real Mac for testing program compatibility.
>Just made the switch to High Sierra and it's my first time using macOS.
I feel sorry for you.
>Any tips for someone who's been using GNU/Linux and Windows for his entire life?
Keep using GNU/Linux and/or Windows. Don't waste your time on fruity toys.

>macOS is pretty much a functional GNU/Linux distro
No it isn't. It's not even close.
>it's a certified UNIX system, different from lelnux
And yet they can't maintain compatibility with the POSIX specifications, so the certs are literally worthless for anything besides internet dick waving like you're doing right now. Linux (the actual kernel) was offered POSIX certification by the Open Group and Linus turned them down because he knows that UNIX is a buzz word. I've actually found that to this day when porting old software for UNIX-like systems, Linux maintains stricter POSIX compliance than Mac OS X does. In OS X, poll() for example has been broken since Mavericks. This means that I have to rewrite significant portions of the code I work with to get around this when porting to FagOS. More things are also subject to break in the future. Developing for Mac OS X is like playing Russian roulette. Not that you'd care though, since you probably don't know how to program anything more advanced than a shitty little C program that prints Hello World.

ThinkPad X220 and T420 have decent support. Some laptops are just incompatible. It's just a waste of time anyways.

>It's easier on a desktop desu senpai
Lies.

>Is there a one click install for this shit?
No.
>When I tried installing this there was 10 scripts I had to run on a command line
What are you, some kind of brainlet that's opposed to automation and spooky scary text and typing?

If you're on Intel use Tonymacx86. If you're on AMD, good luck.

Imagine being this mad about someone's OS choice.

that isn't even reddit spacing you retard

>Imagine being this mad about someone's OS choice.
Your OS choice doesn't anger me. Your indignorance (indignant ignorance) is what really ass blasts me. Macfags are so retarded that I don't know how natural selection hasn't taken their lives yet. I suppose AIDS counts.

>Presses enter twice after a sentence
>Not reddit spacing

Hey fatty, don't forget your insulin.

>and/or Windows
Windows is worse than MacOS

the kernel panics won't stop, the plist files are eternal, the updates will destroy your setup everytime, the fuckery with AHCPI will never be fixed, sending the wrong voltage to your cpu will destroy it over the course of a few years, photoshop is nice though.

I

don't

see

why

we

shouldn't

use

proper

paragraph

spacing.

I bet you use reddit tabs.

Nice argument.

What version of it? Windows Enterprise is vastly superior to FagOS. If you're talking about the consumer versions of Windows 10, then anything is better than that. I'd rather eat shit from my bare hands than use Windows 10 Pro as my main OS.

Any version of Windows. The DOS based ones were rubbish and the ones after that are botnet.

>windows
>superior to anything

which is pretty unstable

>reddit spacing
Can this end now? Everyone here uses Reddit. We all know it, so why carry on the charade?

>fagOS
>functional
Pick one.

It's not even worth it in most cases on laptops. You might get it to boot, but a lot of shit will be broken. Wifi is a big issue, touchpads are a big issue. That shit is unstable enough on Linux let alone Hackintosh. You're better off to do it on a desktop or just buy a used Macbook somewhere reputable.

>Everyone here uses Reddit
That's where you're wrong, kiddo

Just upgraded from El Capitan to Sierra, It went pretty smoothly.

why can't you faggots stop shilling for your shitty os

They literally use bsd as the basis but with their shitty shit on top of it, same with the gaystation 4.

Don't forget about Brew Cask. Easiest way to install GUI apps.

What do you specifically want to know

what do you run btw

The only reason people on here criticise macOS is because they can’t install their buggy window managers. Personally I prefer being stuck with one well designed, visually appealing and functional interface which has been created by professionals instead of hobbyists than haing the choice between a dozen sub-par ones that run in Xorg. I say this as someone who used Linux for years and tried practically every WM/DE people on Sup Forums post and recommend. Not a single one has offered a user experience as consistent and pleasant to use as macOS’ Aqua.

how difficult is it to install this thing on a desktop?

Depends on the hardware. Sometimes it’s a painless process, sometimes you spend hours fixing obscure issues.
Hackintoshing defeats one of the main draws of macOS, the fact that it just werks

>tonymacx86
Are you retarded or something?
judging people only by their preferred OS is just below every standards. You should be ashamed of yourself.

It really depends on how you did configure your OS. I'm using Hackintoshes for almost a decade and desu everything is working fast and stable like on real Mac. I'm only missing trackpad gestures. Even Retina scaling works as intended. Just do not use MutliBeast shit and you're good to go. ACPI is easily fixable as long as you know what to do. Same as Kernel Panic troubleshooting.

Have fun using your botnet OS.

>reddit spacing
What is this meme, and why anyone would care about how someone formats their text?

>created by professionals instead of hobbyists
Excuse for not caring whether my window manager has been created by professional designers or not.

Any recommended guides?

enjoy your retarded security bugs

I suggest you joining /r/hackintosh Discord server

Muh special club. It's also funny because things like not putting a space after a > used to be a good sign of newfaggotry. And then it became normalcy.

High Sierra is the reason I switched to Linux

Why? I didn't find it to be very different from previous versions.

No it isn't since you've never used macOS in the first place

>like not putting a space after a >
This once (Usenet days) ranked alongside the "two vs four spaces" argument. Since quotation isn't as important in the web it seems this is no longer the case. Like the later though, the former has no correct usage. (But the one saving a character is obviously better.)

>Find a 2015 Macbook Pro with 500GB storage for $400 dollars
>Decide to jump on it because why not
>Been using it the past few days

s-sorry...

how to fix this shit's font rendering

>Anyone running the world's most advanced OS?
Yes, I use Fedora

Fedora GNU/Linux.

>autism

>autism

I put Sierra on my Thinkpad X220. It's my dream setup. Here's a video: youtube.com/watch?v=Fh9u29kZ89o

>fagintosh
Are you retarded or something?

Anyone know how I can get this shit running on KVM? I found something on Github but it didn’t work.

>good
>le capitan, mavericks, mountain lion, snow leopard, tiger

I want to installl one of these on my T420 (Core i5, 6GB RAM)
What would you recommend me? I'm between Mavericks and El Capitan.

What's the equivalent of Win7 of OSX (Good visuals, stable, good compatibility)?

>stable
>fagOS
Pick one.

> T. freetard