Opinions? Personally I really like the album but i'm curious as to what you all think about it

Opinions? Personally I really like the album but i'm curious as to what you all think about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SIaFtAKnqBU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nice

it's shit.

i wish the production were much better. pretty disappointing considering amnesiac/kid a/okc/every one of their albums has good production except this one. songs themselves are all great/good

It's Radiohead's best album.
If you don't know what I mean, don't worry.

You will.

Someday.

There are some parts, like the piano on The Numbers, that sound really really bad and low fidelity on my DL of it. Is it always like that? Or did I just get a shitty mp3? I think it was 320 kbps

It's absolutely excellent. I don't know what in the fuck is talking about, but the production is phenomenal. There's such a delicate balance between the use of instruments and electronic touches. Almost all tracks are layered incredibly well, and the progression on them is just as impressive.

It's easily accessible, but at the same time has a lot of nuances to it. It's smooth, subtle and a joy to listen to.

i like how pepe has a thom eye

My third favorite by them atm, but I know it's a bit early for a statement like that. I can't wait to sit with this one for a while - it reveals more of itself to me the more I listen to it.

It's Radiohead's most quiet and intimate album yet. They discard the krautrock-y bleep bloop polyrhythms on TKoL for some very beautiful arrangement based compositions that bring Jonny's strengths into the spotlight too, as well as some fantastic basswork from Colin, rather than just Thom 100% of the time.

Ed still doesn't do anything and I don't know where Phil is though.

9/10

That dude is just amounting production to "muh electronics" like an idiot. I agree tho the production and mastering is fucking sublime on this album. Nigel Godrich is an incredible engineer.

SING THE SONG OF SIXPENCE THAT GOES
youtube.com/watch?v=SIaFtAKnqBU

Literally the opposite of what you just said. The production is the best, to my ear, of any Radiohead album, and very probably of any album ever. The songs are not as solid as usual, not even as solid as TKOL, but it does work very well as a greater-than-the-sum-of-its-parts bloc of music, particularly with the exquisite intros, outros and transitions. Overall I'd say it in the top half of their discography which is a nice achievement.

It's great but nothing will top In Rainbows now

It's In Rainbows and HttT filtered through KoL, I like it a lot.

Also think it was a good move on their part to have the first two tracks be the singles leading up to release, it makes everything afterward sound completely fresh. Decks Dark is a great choice for the first "new" track we hear after days of listening to Burn the Witch and Daydreaming.

Tinker Tailor is underrated as fuck

agreed with all of this, especially on tinker

It's some dull folks songs run through a "radiohead your track" app. They just threw in as many standard effects from their backlog as possible. Add loops. Add echos. Add backwards sounds. They just choked a Yorke solo album with production to make it something artsy.

There are indeed beautiful moments but it's lazy and boring.

>I don't know where Phil is though
Um, on the drums on the majority of tracks on the album.

You're 19

I would like to remind you that Anglo-American folk is the best genre of music, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with a Nick Drake-esque folk + strings album.

anyone else think there was some Berlin School influence on this?

most cohesive record since Kid A, but that isn't saying much.

meme shaped pool

4-5 listens in.

I really liked Burn the Witch and Daydreaming as leading singles, but I'm a bit disappointed by the album to be honest.

It can't touch In Rainbows. It's probably about on the same peg as The King Of Limbs.

I wanted them to get a bit more upbeat and kick it back up a notch after TKOL but it's ended up being just as if not more quiet and subdued. It sounds really nice, interesting enough, but the songs aren't very exciting and the most poignant moments barely hold up against their previous output.

Better than HttT, TKOL, Bends
As good as In Rainbows, Amnesiac
Worse than Kid A, OKC

true loves wait and present tense are the best songs. burn the witch third.