Just went to the Apple store to try one of their Macbooks for the first time. It's good...

Just went to the Apple store to try one of their Macbooks for the first time. It's good. Remind why Sup Forums hates these again?

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/en-us/work/shop/cty/pdp/spd/xps-13-9360-laptop/cax13w10p7b5122ubuntu
theoutline.com/post/2402/the-new-macbook-keyboard-is-ruining-my-life?
512pixels.net/2017/10/theres-no-i-in-keyboard/
youtube.com/watch?v=t7XSckjRPo0
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no doubt, It's great for watching anime on YT, yes

envy

For the price you could go with the XPS

Expensive, underpowered, fire risk, shit keyboard. The fire risk isn't even a Sup Forums meme anymore since that memo.

>windows 10

how many times have we had this thread before?

hardware is good but you still pay extra for the brand

please tell me you didn't actually play anime in an apple store.

Not so good with the price tag but you do you!

>It's good
Perhaps you mean
>it just werks
Because that's about everything Cuckbooks are capable of, Apple purposefully only allows THEIR software to run on it, work well with THEIR hardware (so you give them some more shekels) and there's also a huge planned obsolescence element to encourage you to buy a new overpriced laptop made by apple next year.
And have you ever seen the "people" who use Macbooks? They alone are enough of a reason to hate all the bs that apple pumps out.

what others have said and also the company is a bunch of hypocritical cunts who say they are environmentally friendly while also applying a lot of planned obselescence to their products

name one good PC alternative to the apple hardware.

I'll wait.

Why not? Only retards care about normies judging them.

This may come as a surprise to you, but well-adjusted people are not overly preoccupied with what other people think of their hobbies and interests.

Gotta love that Amnesia reference.

Weeb degenerate.

"well-adjusted" people don't play loli hentai in an apple store

Two of them likely. Apple is a fucking rip off and expect random shit to break or not work right after every update. I have never known a company to have so many issues with simple shit like how to connect to file shares or keep connected.

>yuru yuri
>loli hentai
whut

>whut
you have to go back

>streaming anime on youtube
the average macfag everyone

MacBooks are beast machines. Always do the opposite of whatever /biz/ says, than implies buying garbage like Chinkpad.

nah pretty sure you have to go back since you don't like anime

Poorfags.

Using my 2015 13" MBP right now and it's great.

inb4 shitty copypasta

>you don't like anime
and how did you come that assumption brainlet?
only sociopaths/autists/spergs don't care what people think of them.

I opened up a macbook pro recently. It had 2Gb RAM

because windows 10 users are nu-soycucklets

i did like apple laptops a few years ago but the new keybaords are awful. The trackpad size is nice though they should intergrate a wacom digitizer into iit or something

> keyboard kind of sucks (it's actually growing on me, i have a work-issues 15w/touchbar)
> quality of the actual OS has gone down recently, lots of vulns and weird bugs
> still no window snapping which windows has had since 7, no tiling window manager which is no fun
> if you're a big terminal user a lot of things are old or are the BSD version which can be kind of weird if you're used to linux. not really a big deal if you have some sane dotfiles and a setup script
> honestly i dont think you need a touchpad that large, it gets in my way constantly
> touchbar straight up blows, i wont budge on this, i fucking hate it
> no more magsafe which is meh

other than that i've actually been really stoked on my newer 15, it feels like a much smaller laptop, doesn't get loud or hot, has reeeeaaallly good battery life and i figure i'll get used to the keyboard or keep it docked when doing srs bzns

>still no window snapping

Why does Sup Forums hate Macbooks? I don't know, since when is Sup Forums one entity? It contains Linux shills, BSD shills, Windows shills and Apple shills in one place, but just because the breed that you are is small, there's an illusion that the entire site hates your machine.
I generally don't care what you choose for your machine, not should anyone care - in fact, Sup Forums doesn't care, it has the attention span of 3 seconds and once they close the tab with your thread they'll forget about it.
I don't use Macbooks because they are cheaply made (no, I mean the internals, you can gobble down on the aluminum meme all you want, it matters if you construct it with good design, not expensive materials), have terrible keyboard layouts (should I even complain at this point? fuck you, lenovo,) and they are not marketed/made for people like me, I do work that requires computing power, I do work that requires a separate backspace and delete key, I am not a video editor nor a music producer, I'm a programmer and a system administrator.

And with every post I make, I realize that this is a tad too mature for Sup Forums, huh.

what program is that

Dell XPS

>
>>windows 10

You have to pay for windows 10 but you can use your favorite distro and your favorite DE just fine.

I guess you can do that with a macbook as well. The problem is the new keyboard. You won't hate it when you try it in the store but I imagine you will once you've used it for a while.

Also, there's no point in buying a macbook at this time unless you're spending someone else's dime because the leap from seventh gen Intel and the supposedly upcoming eighth gen Intel processors is worth the wait.

wanna get a mbp 13 inch without touchbar, but Idk if I should wait for summer since there could be a new model coming out...

this

The last good macbooks were in 2015. New keyboards are terrible

>watching anime in public

Macbooks are top tier stuff. Until you try playing a game on them.

Because they only go for the expensive high end market and buying an expensive high end laptop is fucking stupid.

They're like super expensive and when they get older and affordable you can't upgrade because of soldered everything.

buy a chromebook and install linux. save yourself over $800 dollars

have you been living under a rock?

>dell.com/en-us/work/shop/cty/pdp/spd/xps-13-9360-laptop/cax13w10p7b5122ubuntu

>The problem is the new keyboard. You won't hate it when you try it in the store but I imagine you will once you've used it for a while.

theoutline.com/post/2402/the-new-macbook-keyboard-is-ruining-my-life?

512pixels.net/2017/10/theres-no-i-in-keyboard/

seriously don't know why anyone would subject themselves to that when they can get a chad keyboard on a similar Thinkpad X1.

>chromebook
they top out at like 16GB storage. why would you do this.

>tfw 2017 macbook 15 inch

stay mad laptoplets

>15 inch
You might as well be lugging around a gaymen laptop then.

>blogging

youtube.com/watch?v=t7XSckjRPo0

>any Apple product at all
>good
You're joking

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2018 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

>You have to pay for windows 10
no you don't

when i bought my XPS 13 i got the developer edition, which came with Ubuntu pre-installed and instead of charging me for Windows they upgraded the CPU

has nobody realized thats a chromebook in the op?

Name one macbook that isn't an overheating pile of shit that gets destroyed by $300 acers.

The travel time on that keyboard is absolutely horrendous

It's dogshit. Probably the worst keyboard I've used and I've touched plenty of other garbage ultrabook keyboards.

It was basically the death sentence for my MB. Took it back a few days after I got it. Most laptop keyboards are bad but Apple really took the cake on that.

overpriced

BTFO

magnet.

Sup Forums is composed mainly of turbo losers who play video games to escape reality

Macbook is ridiculously under powered for the price. It's the exact same price as the entry level Macbook Pro, just buy the Pro instead if you're gonna buy one.

There's a new one coming out this year, most likely June.

>spending thousands on a laptop with shit i/o, underpowered hardware, and keyboard that is on par with a touch screen
you may actually have brain damage.

I'm pretty sure Windows is the most soy OS, since it is for "gamers".

Throttlebook "Pro" is ridiculously under powered for the price. It's the exact same price as the XPS13, just buy the XPS13 instead if you're gonna buy one.

No you haven't
If you really have you be typing in all caps about how much you hate the keyboard
That or you've got an apple tattoo on your ass and a black cock down your throat

There's also turbo losers who feel so insecure they want to fit in by buying a macbook. Or turbo losers who are unable to navigate through windows because they're too dumb to get it. Yes, these are real world experiences.

to be honest windows has become a cancerpile since 7, I had to tweak wifi settings last week for some JAFFY scum and you need to click through three settings windows to get to set PEAP. I don't know how this kind of mess happens, but I'd be pretty salty if I was paying microsoft for an OEM licence.

You can get more computer for the money imo. I have a lot of problems with that particular MacBook but the fact that it has only USB C is a deal breaker for me.

vir/g/ins can't afford it. So naturally they'd hate it of course.

Retarded ass specs for the price. Not difficult to comprehend. Although, it probably is for fags that watch anime on YouTube.

Early or late?

Early here, feels good man.

What's the difference

>only sociopaths/autists/spergs don't care what people think of them.

You are living in a prison if you seriously think/live this way

$70 splitter because they're faggots that give you one port.

you wouldn't know since you're on the spectrum

We don't, that would just be some memer children who like to scream FAGBOOK or whatever

they are generally quality machines but with a premium tag

>It's good

weeaboos.

>complaining about anime on an anime website

I have a ten year old MacBook. It’s no longer supported by Apple. What should I do with it? Install Ubuntu or something?

Originaly it was but now there are containment boards for the weebs so >>> to those faggot.

>Just went to the Apple store
Back to your containment board:

name one good PC alternative to apple hardware that isn't 16:9

I sure do love Macbooks.

which is the best macbook and why is it the 2017 macbook pro no touch bar?

is it the battery power, the great screen, the build quality, the best speaker on any laptop?

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

>it's 2018 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

I'm going to start making music. What laptop should I use for this? I only ever see musicians using MacBooks and I was wondering why that is.

>outdoors with the brightness all the way down
hmm...wonder why I can't see the display...

Overpriced. Not upgradable. Prone to throttling and overheating (mainly the former to prevent the latter). iOS is more locked down than Windows (installing Windows means spending money on a key and defeating the sole purpose of a macbook).

>sociopaths/autists/spergs
Can a sociopath be an autist?

the keyboard sucks ass and thats a no-go for me

Macbooks would be pretty good if the keyboards would have more than 1 nanometer travel.

It's not the first time that gets you, it's the hundred.

grow a fucking spine

Because they are not tech savvy and 'fell for the meme'. Also back in the day Mike Oldfield used Mac's for Tubular Bells live because they had a tendency not to fuck up. The software is also another reason if you have the money. Anyway its not the tool its how you use it, if you were to get a macbook back up everything! A guy I know got disheartened recently and hasn't made music in a while because he didn't back up anything and his macbook bricked. see