This is the most important rock album of the last 35 years. Prove me wrong

This is the most important rock album of the last 35 years. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dvztvq8BSS8
youtube.com/watch?v=LTl3wdYEymw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I disagree, but it's a reasonable opinion to hold. Have a nice day OP.

It's tied with this.

Why do people dislike touched?

I honestly can't, meaning it's probably true. Might be forgetting something from the 80s but there's definitely nothing after it that's as important yet.

>rock

what the in the world makes this rock?

It is self-evident. There's nothing to prove. Isn't Anything is better though.

The definition of rock music is just music derived from the rock and roll of the 50s, so yes, this is 100% rock music.

... you know rock is a pretty massive umbrella term right

I would call it the album that held shoegaze back

People dislike it? Its one of the best interludes I've ever heard

I've never seen any mass hate for Touched, though most people who aren't me don't consider it the best on the album.

I think the opposite, it defined a footprint for shoegaze's essence and made the genre legit and worthy of being taken seriously. It also inspired a dozen of other artists that pushed the genre forward (Scott Cortez being a prime example).

Before Loveless you had hints of what was to come but most of it was just indie rock with distortion, effects and smooth vocals

Have you ever heard Yellow Loveless? It's a compilation of covers by a bunch of Japanese shoegaze acts. I think the cover of touched is pretty amazing.

So now it's 35 years already?
Damn, time flies!

Blue Loveless (korean) is actually better

I've gotta check that out then. I love the few Korean shoegaze bands I've heard so that should be a great way to get into more

nah

Hmmm...probably. Only because the 35 years doesn't cover Remain In Light. If you are trying to go for the whole "most important since 1980" thing Remain In Light takes it by a longshot.

Nah m8

BFTRS invented stoner rock

WtSV superior

But WtSV didn't invent stoner rock

Psychocandy is far better

Didnt Wretch invent it tho? It was even more metal then any of their albums

>It was even more metal then any of their albums
Yeah that's part of why it isn't stoner rock.

Pic Related, first stoner rock album

Isn't Trouble Doom Metal?

To be fair I've only heard one song of theirs.

Every song sounds almost identical on that, it gets old very quickly

Give the whole album a go, has more acid elements

But it invented it tho. You can hear that guitar in bass amps

it's not hvis lyset tar oss

It's too punk/thrash.

Loveless basically laid out the blueprints for an entire genre. What did this one do? (Honest question, not trying to shitpost)

Okay but has been much more innovative when it came out in 1985

This album did literally nothing. People are still making shoegaze albums that sound like this $100,000 abortion, yet shoegaze has received no critical acclaim or radio play.

It's not as "powerful" as you guys think it is.

lol Sabbath idiots

>(you)
unless you're serious about the critical acclaim, then you're just delusional

Yellow and Blue are both good imo.

Didn't necessarily create its own genre of copycats like Loveless did, but it still heavily influenced artists in three or four different genres (namely post-rock/metal, post-hardcore, math rock and alternative rock). Opened a lot of artists to new ways of approaching rock song structure and dynamics.

Not that user, but Spiderland along with Laughing Stock help lay down the blueprint for post rock.

Here's your reply.

Spiderland helped lay down the groundwork for post rock and math rock.

(You)

laid out the blueprints for 3 genres

>yet shoegaze has received no critical acclaim or radio play.
Neither have post rock or math rock or lots of genres for that matter. Meanwhile lots of alt-rock bands like Silversun were heavily inspired by Loveless and recieved lots of radio play.

>50s pop-rock structures with loud guitars
>more innovative than loveless
To me it's more that they dared to do it more than really innovated anything. The Ramones did the same general formula almost a decade earlier, JMC just made the pop more apparent and the noise louder. Meanwhile Loveless sounds otherworldly even 25 years later

Dunno. I never found it so overwhelming. Even Ride sound better to me

that's because you have shit taste user

/thread

but also

>Threading your own post
And what did it influence anyway?

and this

>Le sonic youth meme
I dare you to find one person outside of Sup Forums who even remembers this band at this point.

Sonic Youth is legendary. Fuck off

and this too

Even though I like Loveless more, this is probably the right answer. After Nirvana, the entire industry was out to copy them for a few years, which lead to a lot of shit getting radio play. Even now it's influencing a shit ton of new artists.

Wah wah wah

>
>Sonic Youth is legendary. Fuck off
Did you hear? Fuck off.

>I can't disprove him so I'll tell him to fuck off

>I dare you to find one person outside of Sup Forums who even remembers this band at this point.
Great argumentation.

My wife's son has no idea who they are, so you may be right. He's pretty knowledgeable about music, too.

Influential?
Yes, but it didn't pioneer any new genres or sounds that were never heard before, unlike Loveless or a few other albums posted ITT.

If something is so influential, surely someone you know remembers it?

How did Loveless create a new sound or genre? It is literally comprised of rock songs on a muddy, poorly poorly recorded album

>My wife's son
>not my son

Yes. Good reading comprehension.

>What is Shoegaze

lurk more, newfag idiot fuckface

I have no idea. you tell me

As if it didn't invent shoegaze

A genre of rock songs that sound like a vacuum cleaner.

Yesterday there was a big thread about SY and a lot of people agreed that Daydream Nation is fucking great. Someone even said that it is the best album of the 80s.

So everyone remembers Trout Mask Replica?

Not the person you're talking to but I know many people who know of Sonic Youth and respect their status as rock legends

Jesus And Mary Chain invented shoegaze, not the fucking Bloody Valentine

>Going against popularly held facts about the origin of shoegazing
Yeah you're proving your point real hardcore here familia. Next you're gonna tell me Nirvana and Pink Floyd were the original founders of Emo.

What defines most "important"? If we're going by influence on the world of music, that would be Nevermind by Nirvana.

>Psychocandy: 1985
>Loveless: 1991
>Wikipedia: "The most commonly cited precursors to shoegazing are the Cocteau Twins, The Jesus and Mary Chain [...]"

>precursors to shoegazing
that literally means before shoegazing existed

How could it exist if Bullet for My Valentine hadn't named it yet?

I can quote wikipedia too faggot
>From MBV Wikipedia: Their work in the late 1980s and early 1990s resulted in their pioneering a musical style known as shoegaze.

In my opinion it means that without them there wouldn't have been any shoegaze.

Loveless is overrated. Isn't Anything already basically had the Loveless formula anyways. Loveless just hit the peak of the wave of something that was already happening anyways.

>In my opinion
Key words here.

Shoe gaze was already a thing before Loveless. See: Nowhere, Just For A Day, Whirpool, etc

Not even implying that.
Shoegaze came after JMC and JMC is just a noise rock band with no shoegaze elements except for the soft vocals sometimes

what about this song?

youtu.be/dvztvq8BSS8

I play all my guitar though bass amps love it

But isn't anything came out before all of those, it was essentially an early Loveless.

From German wikipedia:
>Musikalisch war das Album Psychocandy ein wichtiger Einfluss auf das Entstehen der Shoegaze-Szene und viele Indie-Bands covern auch heute noch Songs der Gruppe.
which means:
>Musically the album Psycho Candy was an important influence on the emergence of the shoegaze scene and many indie bands cover songs even today the group.
inglese
From Italian wikipedia:
>L'album ebbe recensioni positive quasi unanimi, ed รจ attualmente considerato una pietra miliare del noise pop e precursore dello shoegaze.
which means:
>The album [Psychocandy] was almost unanimously positive reviewed, and it is currently considered a cornerstone of noise pop and shoegaze precursor.

Ok? And that somehow means Loveless gets to inherit all that album's influence?

Wasn't your post in YOUR opinion?

This.

> was an important influence on the emergence of the shoegaze scene
>was an influence
>and it is currently considered a cornerstone of noise pop and shoegaze precursor
>shoegaze precusor

ehh boi

Listen to a perfect shoegaze song, my user:
youtube.com/watch?v=LTl3wdYEymw

>on the emergence of the shoegaze scene
>shoegaze precursor
Precursor != Genre creator.

We are not talking about what is shoegaze and what is not. We are talking about IMPORTANCE of albums and Psychocandy is undeniably more important than Loveless, even if Loveless is a verygood+ album.