Boss asks you to send him a .doc file instead of PDF

>boss asks you to send him a .doc file instead of PDF

No joke, this happened to me.
I needed to write a user guide for application we were shipping; it had lots of tables, figures, references, table of contents... You get the idea.
So obviously LaTeX is the perfect solution.

I write it up, send me boss the PDF, and he demands it in .doc and he refused to send a PDF to the customer.

Why not .odt which even wordpad that comes with every edition of windows supports?

quit your job.

Because
> it had lots of tables, figures, references, table of contents.

.odt doesn't support tables or any of that other stuff?

Because his boss didn't ask for an ODT nor did he ask to be spoken back to.
Fucking learn your place pleb.

Not with the granular control LaTeX offers.
Also can't be properly version controlled since it isn't a plain-text format.

It does, but Microsoft intentionally crippled the implementation of ODF in Office to make people think the file format itself was bad. I hate those fucking pajeets so much.

>send him a doc with one full outage embedded pdf per page

*full page

Fuck I hate touch keyboards

Just pirate office 2016, install it in a vm with pirated windows 8.1, import pdf into word (word 2016 can do it and it's clever enough to retain formatting, tables, text flow, etc) save as docx and send it to your retard boss
Then quit your job

"Brilliant..."

My condolences.

Because PDF is superior and LaTeX is infinitely better than every other Office writer. Peace.

On a different note, why should people ask for .doc or .[insert random file type here] when they don't mean to edit the document in the first place? PDF are so much better for reading only.

For the same reason most windows users open word and think they need it to write down a simple note instad of opening a plain text editor like fucking notepad
Conditioning

open .pdf in Word and save as .doc
Hope that's what you did.

it fucks up the formatting.

Well yeah, most people have Windows and MS Office. Welcome to the real world.

Whilst this is true - why does the customer need a .doc over a pdf?
Does the customer intend to edit this document? (if that was intended from the outset, then PDF was a stupid choice by OP)

Everything has a PDF reader.

You get DocX.

Send the PDF to the customer behind your bosses back.