DRAIN MY BATTERY

Alright, Sup Forums,
I want to drain the battery on my Android phone as quickly as possible, while providing to me as few benefits as possible. What's your application of choice for this purpose?
(totally serious btw)

Other urls found in this thread:

coinhive.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Turn screen brightness to full, keep wifi turned on but continually move in and out of range of wifi networks, turn on GPS and Bluetooth and NFC, and open every app you have. Oh and download more apps, try taking a movie at the same time with the flash continually on.

Snapchat, just leave it on the camera screen

Run 3D mark 24/7. If that doesn't kill your phone fast nothing else will.

Minergate

Did this, it's dropping pretty quickly now. Cheers.

Glad I could help. Why are you doing this?

I got my OnePlus 2's fingerprint sensor wet and it (and the home button it's a part of) stopped responding. I read online that if you drain the battery 100% (totally, totally dead) and then charge it fully again before turning it back on it resolves the issue. It sounds dumb but on multiple forums people said that it worked for them.

Browse Sup Forums without an adblocker

I had noticed strange behavior after getting the sensor/screen wet in the past, mind you, but those times just turning the screen off and then on again after wiping off my phone fixed the issue. In the several years I've had this phone it's never stopped working entirely like that. Fingers crossed.

Oh right on, good luck to you then hope it works

Thanks friend.

Install Facebook and Messenger, and sign into them. They don't even have to be open.

install android

UPDATE: It worked, home button functions again. Thanks fellas.

nice. if you need this again in the future you can try running any unity based game. hearthstone or pokemon go, for example.

Load an app with this on activity start:

while(true) {}

turn your brightness to max and run this
coinhive.com/

correct answer

hiroshimoots coin miners are actually cutting out my worn iphone 6 battery at 50%

>I want to drain the battery on my Android phone as quickly as possible, while providing to me as few benefits as possible. What's your application of choice for this purpose?
Pokemon Go

Turn the flash on

If you are rooted and can fuck with your kernel settings put it on the one that keeps the CPU at max speed all the time, Performance. Overclock too if you can but shit gets hot

If you have LTE, turn off wifi
put GPS on high accuracy
max screen brightness
open google maps
navigate somewhere
download a torrent client
start as many torrents as you can, at least 4-5
download pandora and play a station, it's horribly coded and will buffer in background
open youtube
play one of those 4k showcase videos that are 4 hours long.

you'll be lucky if it lasts 30 min.

That happens to me somewhat often and resolves itself without a reboot. I just spam back or use the notifications to leave an app.

almost forgot

also download termux and type
while true; do top -n 1; done
then continue with the 4k video

back up fellas, i got this one

screen brightnees: max

watch a youtube vid over wifi while casting your screen to chromecast

boom, done

chromecast native apps like youtube stream directly from the chromecast so your phone wouldn't be recieving/sending anything other than pausing/changing videos

no, you can use chromecast mirroring, then pull up any app
as opposed to chromecasting within the youtube app