Best Sup Forums browser

>firefox is owned by sjw cucks
>chrome is goolag
the fuck I'm supposed to use?
Also rip iridium

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qMALm1VthGY
youtube.com/watch?v=FzJJbNRErVQ
howtogeek.com/335712/update-why-you-shouldnt-use-waterfox-pale-moon-or-basilisk/
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/pull/3618
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/tree/master/misc/userscripts
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/discord
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Brave

Literally chrome/chromium without add-ons

>Brave
nice meme

all I need is a chromium browser without stupid goolag shit. I don't want chrome with a skin like brave is.

Waterfox right now desu
Qutebrowser once it gets enough privacy features (honestly I'll be happy with just a ublock and umatrix equivalent, though decentraleyes + some https by default solution + some good anti-fingerprinting defaults would be great)
Netrunner never

>not using a product because you disagree with the political views of the owners

is there a more soy thing to do?

Firefox is garbage security wise

Literally what?

youtu.be/qMALm1VthGY

Firefox, you moron.

Ahhh yes, good soyim. Sow discord amongst anyone with actual beliefs and values.

Opera is awesome, and it can use chrome extensions. Brave has zero 3rd party support, is clunky and consumes a shitload of processing power.

opera is chrome with a skin

Well not anymore since they blew away the extension system so computer illiterate children don't install keyloggers, so they've got that going for them, which is nice.

opera is a chink chrome with a skin

Same engine != same browser with a skin.

Am I the only one who can't notice any performance differences between opera, chrome and firefox? I recently switch to opera and like the "old school" or "dated" menu design a lot more, but I honestly can't notice a difference in speed. Even Edge feels just as fast

Its true the speed difference is not noticable anymore on desktop, mobile is another story

youtube.com/watch?v=FzJJbNRErVQ

mobile browsers use the same engine anyways (safari on ios, some other shit on android)

Which makes Mozilla throwing away 10 years of extension development even more stupid. Speed difference is within margin of error nowadays.

>but muh sekuritee

>Great extensions
>Doesn't Botnet you
>Fast

There is literally no browser that covers all of these points, Sup Forums has no solid official preference in this regard.

Good video, actually changed my opinion of Firefox and Mozilla.

have I asked for great extensions and speed you retard?

Qutebrowser.

It's made to be used only with your keyboard.
Watch the luke Smith video on it.

Waterfox.

Nah, I can tell the a difference between quantum and older versions. I have newer hardware if it makes a difference.

Waterfox is not fast. It's shit.

This is how you spot Brave users

The reason they got rid off old addons is because the system was shit. As a developer there was no guarantee your addon would continue to work between versions, it could just break randomly and then you as a developer had to find out why and fix it. Yes, the new API is more limited but that's because it's separated from the the rest of the browser so a change in the browser shouldn't affect the API like it used to.

Unironically edge

kek

>no adblock
>no noscript
>no password manager

Oh look, it's another wannabe toy browser.

howtogeek.com/335712/update-why-you-shouldnt-use-waterfox-pale-moon-or-basilisk/

Waterfox is Firefox without all the stupid changes.

If you want even more old school Firefox, try Palemoon.

ltsb doesn't have it
+ microshills

We've known this since Brendan Eich was ousted and he made Brave. Why is everyone freaking out now?

ungoogle your own chromium with patchsets that are out there

keep using Firefox because it's still the only decently fast browser with great customization out of the box

fall for fork memes (which are all variable levels of placebo, outdated, or slow)

>no adblock
use hosts file

>no noscript
autism

>no password manager
use one outside of the browser it's more secure

>muh sekuritee
Bitch I browse with adblock and noscript. As long as the browser fucking works and doesn't tell me what I can and can't install, I don't care.

>yfw IE is still better than edge

I was going to call you a shill but then
>After Firefox ESR reaches end of Life, “a “new” browser will be developed to follow the ethos of Waterfox of customisation and choice”, according to the Waterfox blog.
I was genuinely not aware of that, and that completely destroys the worth of waterfox in my eyes. Brb, switching back to ESR, with the hope that the long-promised privacy features will make it into qutebrowser before ESR 56 goes out of life.

>no adblock
pic

>no noscript
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/pull/3618

>no password manager
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/tree/master/misc/userscripts

>status: Open

> WARNING: the passwords are stored in qutebrowser's
> debug log reachable via the url qute://log

Points for effort, but needs to cook longer.

wat

Lies

>politics influence your choice of browser
maybe you'd like pale moon since the dev is a furry

this nigger has been shilling this stupid browser for months now

What's wrong/sjw with firefox?

Just went back to it from 5 years with chrome when I got a new PC.

OwO

I really like Qute but no adblock/noscript is a deal breaker.

Doesn't respect your privacy, sends telemetry on an opt-out basis, force-pushes advertising (Looking glass) and data collection (Cliqz) plugins to the browser, recently threw out the only thing that made them better than chrome (plugins).

At least with Chrome I know what the fucking score is. Mozilla have no idea what they're doing or who their target market is anymore.

firefox 58

>>no adblock
>use hosts file

>>no noscript
>autism

Really? You call autism on noscript when you manually add ads to the hosts file?
That's real autism, seriously.

See

Security isn't an important factor to you but some shit about SJWs is? Well alright

>github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/pull/3618
This is fantastic, now to wait until it gets merged and I will finally switch. Thanks a lot for informing me of this.

"long-promised"? Only per-domain settings (and thus NoScript and with a little more effort something like uMatrix minus the GUI).

god dammit - I changed back to FF just because their alleged respect for these shit.

The search goes on...

Thanks user.

Might get merged tomorrow if I find workarounds for some issues there are with turning JS off with QtWebEngine.

An open pull request and a thing that puts my passwords in a log in plaintext. How about no?

You asked about adblock and noscript. The PR isn't going to be open for much longer.

ungoogled chromium friend
we've just released 64

Quads checked, but I also asked about password filling. Switching to a terminal every time I need to log into something is an unwelcome pain in the ass, and the only thing they have to offer is a plugin that reads a 'pass' formatted DB (good) but puts those passwords in plaintext in a debug log (fuck that shit)

yay for qutebrowser.

SJW shit is a fundamental threat to all our security.

Literally owned by mini-Google

>sjw boogyman
Fuck off to Sup Forums

neat

>discord

Better question what forum should you be using on your browser since Sup Forums is so shit. Anyone else looking for a new home?

Sup Forums is only half of where you should be.

Firefox ESR is a stopgap until September.

Uhhuh

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/discord

Note that log is only in RAM. I've heard of others using autotype features of KeePass (or pass/rofi/xdotool) which apparently also works well. I agree a proper solution is still needed to integrate password managers, but that will have to wait until there is a plugin API.

I say we migrate to reddit

Fucking hurray. My days of migrating from one shitty browser to another are coming to an end.

Is my understanding correct in that that PR is basically a usable replacement for umatrix-like functionality (or better)?

I agree. You should leave for there posthaste.

chromium is the browser without the google stuff. it's even open source. complile it yourself or just grab a precompiled verison

Not really. More like a NoScript equivalent with some additional settings being customizable per-domain. Though once it's possible to supply a second URL (which shouldn't be much work now basic per-domain settings are in) you basically have uMatrix minus the GUI.

Vivaldi

qutebrowser keepass integration when

Supposedly Alex will maintain two versions of Waterfox. One version will be based in FF quantum with Mozilla's telemetry and bullshit like pocket disabled and another will stay in v56 with XUL add-on support and security patches, like what palemoon/basilisk do.
I don't know how he will do it when he's the only one working on waterfox, but we will see what happens to it in the future

Who the fuck cares if Firefox is owned by sjws, it's still a good browser. It's not like it's going to be telling you to bash the fash or forbidding you from visiting Sup Forums. I swear you guys are fucking retarded sometimes

>good browser

Hmm..

>opt-out telemetry
>force pushing ad and data collection plugins without knowledge or consent
>breaking the only thing that differentiated them from chrome
>decade old SSL handling bugs

I think you wouldn't know good if it bit you on the ass, user.

If you can't see the problem of accepting she intersectionality bull shut then it's too late for you my friend

Goddamn this is actually pretty comfy. Like pentadactyl before Mozilla fucked it all up.

Use the autotype feature, but probably when there's a (Python) plugin API - no ETA for that.

>noscript
I never really used it but I thought it was mostly equivalent in terms of power to umatrix, except with a more retarded ui/paradigm. Well I'm not sure if it filters cookies and iframes and css and shit, but since it looks like you're making a generic per-domain setting framework to start with that shouldn't be a problem, right?

>GUI
Will there at least be a TUI/CLI, or is it config file-based? If it's the latter it might not be very usable unless you use allow-by-default settings, which kinda defeats the purpose. If it's the former I'm completely fine with that

what is very comfy? I want to be comfy too

Qutebrowser. Has a very vim feel to it.

Right now there's simply shortcuts like 'tsh' to toggle script support for the current host. Indeed settings for finer grained uMatrix-like blocking will follow, and once there is a plugin API a better UI (probably uMatrix-like GUI with keyboard shortcuts) too. But there's only so much I can do as a full-time university student currently.

>t. mozilla employee

Ew, gross.

Awesome.
>But there's only so much I can do as a full-time university student currently.
What you're already doing is fantastic, and way more than what I'm doing with my life.

What this guy said: You're gonna have your share of entitled fuckwits as this project takes off, but you have my absolute thanks for your work on this. You have no idea how long I've wanted an alternative to FF/Chrome, and you gave me one.

>qutebrowser
>qt and python
Into the trash.

Safari is God tier meme aside: fast, clean, all the essential extensions... but only on macOS