Other urls found in this thread:

cleanbrowsing.org/ip-address
github.com/StevenBlack/hosts
github.com/bitbeans/SimpleDnsCrypt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also for those interested, here it is a good dns provider
cleanbrowsing.org/ip-address

No logs, dnscrypt-enabled and good filters

i wanted to use this, but configuring with pihole is a headache. they need to just add it to the installation tbqh

why the fuck do you use pi-hole? don't you know that pi hole is simply host file like those provided by malwaredomains.org?

it was really easy to get to work with unbound. And I have unbound set up to be basically a pi-hole

so yo uare using pi hole dns server?

No. I configued unbound to block this hosts file: github.com/StevenBlack/hosts anything not blocked there gets forwarded to dnscrypt and then cached in unbound for 2hrs

I still use ublock and umatrix, but It blocks some ads on xbox and mobile devices on my home network.

>No logs, dnscrypt-enabled and good filters
Thanks.

Thanks deepstaat I'll just stick to opennic. :]

I was under the impression the newest version of pihole had DNSCrypt support built in.

wouldn't be better to copy steven host to your host file?
when you perform a dns leak test what server does it show? is it a server of your own?
I heard you could configure any windows os to be your getaway for android and video games using dnscrypt-proxy 2 I just don't know how

>wouldn't be better to copy steven host to your host file?
I use the python script there to generate a hosts file with filters I want. Then a script to convert it from host file format to unbound conf format. It would be better to copy that to my host file if I was only using one machine, but this machine provides dns to every computer on my network. So everything connected gets this host file.

>when you perform a dns leak test what server does it show? is it a server of your own?
It's the server I configured dnscrypt-proxy to use.

>I heard you could configure any windows os to be your getaway for android and video games using dnscrypt-proxy 2 I just don't know how
I don't use windows for my dnscrypt-proxy and unbound server. I don't think unbound even works on windows. The only dnscrypt proxy for windows is github.com/bitbeans/SimpleDnsCrypt AFAIK. I have no idea what you mean by "getaway for android and video games using dnscrypt"

how to change dnscrypt server on linux? the default here is the european-nl server

>but this machine provides dns to every computer on my network
how do you do this? are you using a custom modem?

I plugged my modem into a router and configured the router to tell everyone else the dns servers are the machine at 192.168.1.150 for primary dns and the default ISP dns as secondary in case the machine crashes or w/e.

with version >=2.0 it is supposed to test for the fastest server at startup. To pick only specific servers you have to add something like
['fucking calling everything spam']
stamp = 'stamp address'

[static.'this is not spam']
stamp = 'i'm trying to help people ffs fuck off not spam'

under the static section of your dnscrypt-proxy.toml

dnscrypt will still check both servers at startup and at certain intervals defined in your conf for the fastest server

can I use my regular ISP model - set dns to 192.168.1.150?

['fucking calling everything spam'] is supposed to be [static. 'fucking calling everything spam'] but i screwed it up getting frustrated getting called spam.

no! That is a lan address, it points to the machine on my LAN that uses dnscrypt to access a public dns server

You can only set dns to 192.168.1.150 if you have a machine there on your network responding to dns requests

yes, if I'm using pi hole that would work?

If the address of the pi hole is 192.168.1.150, yes. Otherwise you should set your routers primary dns to the address of the pi hole.

how do I make this work with dnscrypt-proxy?

Like I said. I don't know how to make a pi hole work with dnscrypt proxy, I only have used dnscrypt with unbound. But if you are using a pi-hole you should definitely be able to tell your router to DHCP the address of your pi-hole to every machine on the network.