I just got a 1080ti last week without realising the new nVidia range drops in a couple months

I just got a 1080ti last week without realising the new nVidia range drops in a couple months.
How screwed am I? :(

Other urls found in this thread:

evga.com/support/stepup/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just order 2080 when it drops on amazon and return it with the 1080ti inside

should've bought an EVGA one

In 5 years from now, you will be quite screwed.

Doesn't apply, amazon isn't in my country

the gygabyte one was like 20% cheaper than the EVGA one when i was buying or I would have

can I take it to mean my 1080ti will be good enough for the next 5 years and I can safely skip a generation?

can't believe I didn't look into it more.
I wonder how much better the 2080ti will be, and how long after the 2080 it will be released?

Has Nvidia actually told us what Turing is? For all we know it could be a Cuda Xeon Phi

evga has an upgrade program where you can trade your recently bought graphics card for a better model, not to mention they have the best warranty you can get on a graphics card

a 1080ti

you're golden for a looong time

I've been holding out for the next gen cards, glad I didn't buy a 1080ti especially with crytoniggers scalping them, waiting for the 2080 might just be worth it

my new computer came with a regular 1080, so i will probably sell it and buy the 2080. I wont feel as bad as if it came with a 1080ti. The jump from a 2080 from a 1080 will be huge. Not as big from a ti imo. Either sell it and hopefully some miner fag will buy if off you quick or use it. The 1080ti has plenty of life in it for now.

Oh man, its gonna be a pain in the ass getting the new cards before cryptoniggers make them all sold out.

how much?

>new nvidia range drops in a couple of months
dont worry your pretty little head because according to nvidia themselves new hardware wont drop atleast until Q3 2018

$1200AUD new

OP here, if it's anything to consider, the rest of my PC is dated. 4790k, ddr3 ram, that sort of thing. Maybe the 1080ti will get me through the entire next gen at 144hz @ 1440p, and when the 2180 or 3080, whatever they call the generation after 2080, get a whole new kit then?

Mining. The gaymer gpu's don't release until 2019.

Honestly, your system isn't that outdated. At 1440p your CPU won't really bottleneck anything.

what's the catch? What do they do with the used cards?

refurbished and offered at a lower price or for replacements

well first off all it doesn't last for ever, its only for the first 90 days after that you're stuck with it. you also have to pay the difference

evga.com/support/stepup/

I'm running a gtx460, you're only as screwed as you are committed to wasting your money on shit you don't need.

What do you possible do that would require more oomph than a 1080?

run notch's new even slower voxel engine.

Screwed? You either need the processing power or you do not.

Why does Nvidia think it's their cards that are everyone's first choice for mining? The only reason anyone mines with them is because 480's and 580's no longer exist in any usable capacity

Good fucking luck actually ACQUIRING a new Nvidia card in any year when it's brand new. Especially now, it's not gonna happen. Just enjoy your new purchase while everyone else is being a waitfag playing at 720p low.

The 1080ti will still be better than a 2080 and the 2080ti will only get out a year later of 2080.
I don't see any problem

And i doubt Volta/Ampere will be out in just a couple of months

>The 1080ti will still be better than a 2080
source?

when are the new cards coming out? i'm thinking of buying a 1070 but everyone is parroting "2 months" for the new cards.

Thanks guys, you've made me feel a lot better :)

late march allegedly

>without realising
how fucking stupid AM I for actually replying

get fucked

how in the fuck do you spend that kind of money and then go "Oopps /geeee am i fucked"

>late march allegedly
Where did you hear/read that? GTC isn't until the last weekend of March, and it's looking unlikely we'll hear anything other than an announcement.
If you believe this user , I guess you'd believe anything.