Nearly a million views on youtube

>nearly a million views on youtube
>will probably go Top 10 in the uk
Why are people making such a big fuss over this compared to, say, Blur's comeback single last year which bombed commercially.

Its garbage

Because Stone Roses are huge in the UK

>why are people making such a big fuss of the comeback after 22 years of one of Britain's most acclaimed 80's bands, a landmark in Madchester and indie music in general
Geez I wonder

Unfotunely, this. It's like they're trying to ape Second Coming withouth anything that made it a great album. Also, coming back to that album's harder rock sound is pure stupidity, we all know their fans want more of the dreamy, dancey stuff.

>1 good album
>hugely critically acclaimed to the point where they can a shitty single and make shitloads of cash of it
I really hate NME-core sometimes

>1 great album considered a masterpiece and the pinnacle of a genre

>1 almost as good B-sides compilation

>1 great album unfairly panned by the critics because it wasn't the same as their old stuff

Don't get me wrong Ian is a cunt, they're terrible live and the song is rubbish, but their hype is predictable as fuck. Plus, all the other guys are excellent musicians and deseve all the atention they'll get.

>the pinnacle of a genre
What genre was that exactly?

madchester

scene =/= genre

I'm actually quite surprised. I've just never really got the hype for them outside the debut. Madchester as a musical trend was absolutely horrible and Ian's solo stuff was trash and seahorses was pretty meh. I had a couple of friends that went to the reunion shows and said they weren't in best form. I dunno, it's been a long time since I've been in the British indie community so I'm probably out of touch

Madchester, like Britpop it went nowhere outside of the U.K and was just as short lived.

Because it's better
the production's pretty shitty though, I'll give you that

didn't know Ian had another band lel how does it compare?

Seahorses was Squire's band. Pretty sure they only had one album but it wasn't bad. Kinda sounds like Second Coming era Roses mixed with Bends era Radiohead.

Stone Roses had been gone for longer. It's as simple as that and you're stupid for not getting it.

That sounds amazing tbqh I quite enjoyed Second Coming, it had some bangers. Will check them out, thnx

Because new musicians suck and all we can hope for us the old ones to come back and make it right again

>new musicians suck
I was going to argue with you but then I remembered that most modern British rock bands are hacks who copy bands from the 60s, 70s and 80s. Fucking britpop ruined everything.

It says ALONE I just realized that

That's neat

Going by that logic it also says LOO and ROLL

>It says ALONE
.....no it doesn't

I forgot FALL and LORE

It does
AL
O
N E
I'm phone so it might come out fucked up

It says
ALL
FOR
ONE

And that's it

Hey you're not the one who decides that

Also what AFO LON LRE means?

>Hey you're not the one who decides that
No but I've been reading English long enough to know you read left to right and top to bottom.

Sorry I don't see you directing a famous tv show

>two separate doors
>obviously written under a lot of stress
Some things can be forgiven