/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Previous thread >GREAT NEWS
All versions of uTorrent 2.x and higher BTFO.
bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1524
lock.cmpxchg8b.com/utorrent-crash-test.html
lock.cmpxchg8b.com/Ahg8Aesh.html

At the very least, set net.discoverable to false under Advanced and disable WebUI, restart client.
If you can load localhost:10000 , even if it says 'invalid request', you are allegedly vulnerable.
Some argue the exploit hits a dead end in 2.2.1, and is completely absent from 1.6.1. But that shit's from 2007.

>THE BLACKLIST
PTP 3.x (≤ 2.x allowed), RED 3.x (2.x will be phased out), AB, BakaBT 3.x (≤ 2.x allowed), OT

If this concerns you, consider switching to
↳queueStalledmeme: qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,3224.0.html
↳Deldonteventhinkabouthavingover100torrents: github.com/Laharah/deluge-uTorrentImport
↳Transmission: github.com/mikedld/bt-migrate
↳Headless Autism: btpd, transmission-daemon + Remote GUI
↳Non-curry: rTorrent

>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/thLgSkNE
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
TEN CURRY COMMANDMENTS pastebin.com/raw/dBbdE73M

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/7zxeoo/desitorrents_will_be_online_in_few_hours/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for suck my cock

Should've updated that it's just 3.x affected.

What's the state of JPS? Is it dead?

Daily reminder that if you have uTP enabled, you are slowing down your downloads and uploads.

Enabling uTP is like cucking yourself.

it's up for me

Neocucks

oh weird, i can connect now too. it was unreachable until a few minutes ago. thx

It could stop any time someone actually wants to make one client that does every single little thing better without wasting resources. It needs to run just as light and solidly, while having genuinely good peering. For whatever reason, like torrenting being so 2004, nobody seems in a rush to get it done.

Has it been 100% confirmed that even leaving WebUI on and actually using it results in the exploits hitting a dead end? Because it has to be a no user intervention required deal to be completely true.

Wait so how bad is JPS quality control? I got to TM on AB just uploading v0 from there mostly.

Why not? 1.6.0 had the last remote code execution exploit and the worst after that requires a specially crafted .torrent file which just crashes it.
It doesn't even have the /proxy/ endpoint. While something may come up by fuzzing the few it has, it doesn't look possible to come close to 3.5.1.

Is a Synology running rTorrent objectively the best option now? I'm not really feeling any of the 2.2.1 alternatives.

I use Download Station, works perfectly for me, (RSS downloader, scheduler, etc) and is allowed on all private trackers

Beautiful. Time for another 10 years of 2.2.1 literal perfection.

Non-existent really. If you report a bad transcode but it is a unique upload it will get marked as such by the report itself but they won't delete it and the uploader won't get punished unless it's a repeat offence. They'd rather have the music on there than not, especially if it's something rare. And I think it's sensible but yeah, many bad transcodes go unnoticed there. It's piss easy getting a good ration going there though - which is a bigger problem than bad quality control. So you definitely want to check files from JPS you intend to carry to places with stricter rule sets.

No. /objectively/ is a useless meme.

>is allowed on all private trackers

then explain why it's not on the PTP whitelist

just run transmission on it

Subjectively is fine too. I'm just looking for the best setup and thinking it might save energy compared to leaving a PC on 24/7. On the downside I might have to deal with a bit of Linux spaghetti and a web interface that apparently doesn't like having over 3000 torrents.

Download Station runs Transmission under the hood so it is shown as that for trackers.

Subjectively I like build your own solutions, but one of the ready to go units maybe a better choice if you have little to no experience with Linux.
I've no idea which of the prebuilt NAS solutions are best, so someone else will have to answer that.

Transmission has shit torrent list view not designed for lots of torrents and no labels/tags. Also been hacked twice in a row like in one month in the past.

Transmission killed my mother.

how is that good enough as a client

Oh that's cool. Which version?

>Also been hacked twice in a row like in one month in the past.

The site got hacked, not the client itself. Fuck off.

>The site got hacked, not the client itself. Fuck off.
The site was hacked and malware injected in the program. TWICE in a row in just one month. How can you defend that?

this image is old, Vuze is dead forked to biglyBT by the azureus devs

>malware injected in the program.

The site got hacked and the program was replaced with a malware-filled installer.

Nothing in the program was actually changed.

Anybody can do this when you hack a site.

Their webmaster clearly had no idea what he was doing so they moved to Github.

Stop spreading FUD.

>installing programs from websites instead of repos or source
winfags

It's kind of sad that that's literally the only thing that has changed in the 5+ years this image has existed

>repo gets hacked

Tell that to Linux Mint, fosstard.

Well no one's made a new one. Kind of like no one's made a good client since 2.2.1.

>linux mint

how come aria2, which is one of the best headless bittorrent clients to ever exist, is blacklisted on most if not all private trackers? the client is so good it really pisses me off i can't really use it anywhere
i guess it's because of that one command line switch which lets you change the useragent string to anything you want but that's a bullshit reason tbqh, you can do this with rtorrent, transmission, qbittorrent, deluge as well

Because private trackers automatically blacklist clients that enable client spoofing. Unless you're t. insane AnimeBytes.

it is used a lot by chinese leeches

Oh and to add to this, basically aria2 is biased towards leeching and not seeding. Who knows why the devs thought this was a good idea.

Did the "torrent address detection" user. What should I understand from here?

do you really want to play the numbers game?

aria2 is not a torrent client. It's a torrent downloader. The whole software is literally just to download. It's not really meant for seeding.

You couldn't figure this out, retard?

/marked/

>No RSS
>But will serve 99% of users
I can't imagine that it will be able to serve even close to 99% of users, if it's missing RSS.

stop using memes wrong, baka

in what way? by default it seeds to 1.0 ratio then stops because primarily it is not a daemon but rather a tool like wget, so obviously you don't want it to hang around forever after the download finishes, but it's literally a single option you set to 0.0 which makes it seed forever

Hell if I know, I'm just echoing tracker staff on that. I know they aren't going to rely on users having to change a default.

Explain to me like 5 year old: why should I care about ptg?

windows problems. Just use PicoTorrent on it.

>BBT whitelisted 2.2.1 again.

>when youre Yen per day suddenly drops from 18k to 12k
huh?

At least they are self proclaimed bakas. (For prematurely blacklisting it in the first place.) Reactionary cunts.

it seems to have the most autistic posters/memes

Meanwhile AB doesn't go back on their decision. Even if it turns out that older versions of utorrent aren't vulnerable since making a fool out of themselves would be baka-tier like you said.

>>transmission
>no RSS
>no labels
>no tags
>no columns
Ugh I guess it's fine for Mac users but pretty much everyone else need them.

good. fuck utorrent

>RSS
bloat
>labels, tags
what for? you can filter by trackers which should be enough for private trackers already
>no columns
that's just the default ui, you can choose some other front-end or make your own with the json rpc

You seriously overestimate how many people use that caveman tech

Path to FemdomCult?

How much are you seeding? I have about 500 GB seed size and don't even make 1000 Yen/day

roughly 2.8tib

>>qbitch
>resource heavy
>badly designed interface
>full of unreported vulnerabilities
>shit breaks with every major update
>each version is unstable in one or two ways
>obsessively religious userbase like that of ut 2.2.1
Just use Deluge or Transmission already. Both would work fine on your shitty Windows machine.

how old were you when you stopped watching anime, user?

it should tell you if you correctly forwarded your port. if you did, then your problems lie elsewhere

>>no RSS
>>no labels
>>no tags
>>no columns

I don't understand why you'd need these for private trackers.

I run over 2000 torrents on Transmission for over 3 years on PTP, BTN, HDB, etc and I have never wanted to use another client.

>numbers game
if they're now hosting releases on github, then the number system has changed

Hm, I've tried it with no firewall, and now with the rules I'm used to apply. For some reason its telling me (for example) if my port was the 12345, torrent is on 12346. Maybe deluged it is ignoring my configuration?

goddamit. noff01 won.

you forgot
>ugliest icon of them all

>full of unreported vulnerabilities
but it's open source therefore automatically audited by some autist, right?

Reminder that ubabbies got btfo and it's time to accept your new overlord.

I have enough yen saved up on animebyttes for a free day of freeleech, anybody have suggestions for what I should download that isn't already freeleech by default?

IE, older anime without a 1080p release (since 1080p releasea are all freeleech), manga, soundtracks, radio drama's, etc.

almost nobody uses RSS.
anyone that cares about ratio when autosnatching use autodl+irssi, people that want full automation use sickbeard/sickrage/sonar/couchpotato which leaves a few winbabbies and their complete inability to configure anything using RSS.

Tixati is literally master race. Why can’t people see this

Oedo

>you need to install separate programs and jump through hoops to automatically get your weekly anime
Or you can just use a client that doesn't lack the most basic features.

RSS does a shit job of it, external programs do a better job.
if you think one-off setup of automation tools is jumping through hoops it maybe time for you to go live in the woods you unabomber looking freak.

>neither of those is true
Nice try though, false flagging utorrent fanboy.

coz spoofing doesn't bode well with 99% of private trackers here.

RSS just werks. You have zero arguments against it.

Cyber City Oedo 808? if so, good recommendation

Why not just make a wishlist and THEN burn it instead of looking to use it immediately?

Could you please leave the technology board and go back to wherever it is children's cartoon watching pedos congregate, you unredeemable turbopleb.

There's other circumstances that make me want to use it right away.

Like you got cancer or something?

HIV, diagnosed on Friday.

>torrent client
>proprietary
Kill yourself

I hope you die soon

reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/7zxeoo/desitorrents_will_be_online_in_few_hours/

new site online, but logins and registrations don't yet work

want to give me your poz load to speed it up?

(You)
Restarted deluged, I will be testing today and report if something changes. Thank user.

fuck that hindi shit. who even watches bollywood?

i don't but lots of people are excited about the reopening. i also read its gonna be a general tracker this time around.

BTFO

The only RSS torrenter I've known in my life was a WInbabby on uTorrent who downloaded TV shows from public trackers.

>RSS just werks. You have zero arguments against it.

Nobody uses that shit. Especially not us private trackers users.

I think most of you "muh features" guys list RSS as a feature just to have an autistic debate ammo round against somebody else rather than actually using said feature.

>Especially not us private trackers users.
speak for yourself!

literally who?

eroge