If everyone is so concerned about security, why don't they develop programs for old botnet-less hardware?

If everyone is so concerned about security, why don't they develop programs for old botnet-less hardware?
It would be a win-win situation. Old hardware already exists, you can get it for cheap, and it would get new software as well, without any signs of botnet.
Why we instead get a thousand flavors of frosted glass?

yes

Not everyone. Just pedophiles. Or as I recently came to call: lolifags

But if it's lolifag site, who's everyone here?
Czechmate, atheists

Just reported you to the police!
Sup Forums isn't for lewds!

Sup Forums is for cutes!

Is that a fucking Sinclair QL? You'd need to develop your own software if you owned that thing. There's almost no commercial software for it. Talk about a flop. Also, how did Sinclair manage to build a Motorola 68000 based machine that was so shitty. It might as well be an 8-bit system from the late 70's for how bad it was.

This is a thing, you know.
Just because you're a retard and can't look things up, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

>Just because you're a retard and can't look things up, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Enlighten me then. I've seen nothing about that.

Because the limited hardware means you can't let shitty bloated code get in.

seconded

Not him, but I'd love to read about that if you have a link on hand or can drop a few names/terms so I can look them up.

old hardware is crap

>what is FreeDOS

isn't that what libreboot is?

Actually, it is for actually anonymously producing revolutionary propaganda without getting tracked by the global fascist network.

too bad he's not going to deliver anything.

>old hardware is crap

Isn't there like active development on Amiga hardware and software? Also PowerPC systems in general? I've been hearing things like you're describing happening all the time

That's rather niche

no sinclair sherlock

I want to fuck that computer

What is this pic supposed to show?

An image.

This image has a text.
Was it made in some kind of Amiga software?

But are their exploit or loopholes in old systems like MSX or PC98?

>Type in 4 words of code
>Memory fills up and computer crashes

>just want privacy
>get called a pedo
Holy fuck.. the problems of this world go far beyond the techno-spying going on. Possibly the root cause.

Calm your paranoia, jack ass. You know that's a legit mental illness, right? Goddamn little faggots.

Do you actually trust a bunch of old, technologically illiterate people to protect your data?

Of course there are, but so do modern ones.
Security through obscurity.

Learn2code
Unlike popular belief, I never had problems with systems that didn't have protected memory, just don't install random shit from left and right and then hit the computer when it does something (crash) because you yourself made it so

On older computers like the MSX, if the security fails its always your software's fault.

>you will never buy an old hardware and do homebrew stuff to make it a daily driver computer

>you will never buy
You can buy them even from eBay.
It's just the matter of your desire.

What machine has the best community

Because some jewish guys in intel didn't wanted AMD to copy their Pentium processor back in the 90's.

>It might as well be an 8-bit system from the late 70's for how bad it was.
The 68008 processor was 8 bit though
I don't think any late 70s system had 128k ram and multitasking

>not making your own community based on your contributions
Off to a bad start before you even began

It's a strange proposition since old computers already have its established communities, no?

Unfortunately old hardware has much higher failure rates. Better off making your own machine

>I do it because muh community and wanting to belong somewhere instead of just doing it for fun
plebs

>ackchyually
>The 68008, introduced in 1982, was designed to work with low-cost 8-bit memory systems. Because of its smaller data bus, it was only about half as fast as a 68000 of the same clock speed. However, it was still faster than competing 8-bit microprocessors, because the 68008 internally was based on 32-bit data registers and a 16-bit data bus.

>Except for its smaller data and address buses, the 68008 behaved identically to the 68000 and had the same internal organization and microarchitecture.

It's not really 8-bit if it's not fully 8-bit. Even a hypothetical 64-bit CPU with a 8-bit data bus does not magically make it a 8-bit CPU.

too outdated in a lot of cases
is it really that expensive to modify hardware into something that's mostly botnet free?

Because old hardware sucks

>you will never have a botnet free system

Where did tech go so wrong

My desktop and my laptop...