What current pop star could you see taking artsy path with their music. Like David Bowie and Scott Walker

What current pop star could you see taking artsy path with their music. Like David Bowie and Scott Walker.

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/list/kittenzmittenz/list_of_artists_kesha_listed_as_influences_on_her_myspace_page_in_2008/
hotnewhiphop.com/young-thug-channels-kendrick-lamar-and-j-cole-for-hy-un35-confirms-kanye-west-collaborations-news.17475.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ihETomlavJk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not a chance. Not with the mediocre talents she surrounds herself with. Not with the model career of Mariah to imitate and live off of for a lifetime.

Young Thug

If she ever gets out of all that sony legal stuff, probably Kesha.

There's a rym list somewhere that has all her influences. She pretty patrish.

Link pls

rateyourmusic.com/list/kittenzmittenz/list_of_artists_kesha_listed_as_influences_on_her_myspace_page_in_2008/

Hmmmmmm not bad.

Bieber could start making hipster pop like Timberlake. Not sure if that counts as artsy.

Not this deadeyed, blacked whore.

I would love to see step away from folk music.

this

>trendy high-gloss pop music
>like David Bowie or Scott Walker

try again

bitch-pop is shit, all those whores are talentless comercial garbage

Man there is just no artistry in pop right now. Think about the stuff guys like Prince managed to do while still being a mega star. Imagine a 7 minute song on an Ariana Grande or Justin Bieber album. That would be insane.

Thug's artsy outlet came around 2014 and he did some stuff, some of which came out, but mostly has retreated from it since. I think the next batch of Thug's music may be the least weird stuff yet.

I'm worried is album will suck. His best work may be behind him.

I kek'd thinking of him doing power electronics

1017 Thug is his best work so i would agree

A girl that (conventionally) hot has never become "artsy."

Miley Cyrus already did.

>who is Kate Bush?

Why hasnt this been posted yet???

those metro thuggin tracks that came out in 2015 were really good but that project doesn't seem to be happening anymore

Ellie Goulding

only real answer

florence welch probably could right?

Rhianna

I would love to see him step away from music

By artsy you mean getting naked? I can definitely see that.

you wish

not as bad as her tho, too bad she lacks the talent and fucking producers will only get her so far

Nah, Ari won't get naked.

she's basically a really massive music fan that just happens to be doing trashy radio pop, she has a legit interest in the arts it seems

Insanely shit maybe.

I'm talking about the idea of there being a seven minute song on album of the popularity. Not necessarily that those two could make a good seven minute song.

Zayn Malik

While Kate Bush is attractive, she's definitely never been on the level of Ariana Grande who could make a career of modeling if she wanted to.

There's lots of male popstars that can be artsy. Females don't understand art though.

this it won't be any of the shit girl artists

but also not pic related he sold his soul to top40 pop a year ago

sia

>Females don't understand art though
Get out.

duh

Her career already revolves around trying overly hard to be artsy yet not enough to lose radio hits.

Thats not gonna happen in our generation
Closest we will get when pc music collabs with charli xx/carley rae catch on in the mainstream and be copied by max martin etc

But as a whole it's way too expensive too take risk like those and still make bank like bowie did. soon pop stars will just release singles/ep only
albums are dead

He already did that with his first 3 mixtapes, Weakened has become progressively more pop

Modern pop albums exist so that stadium shows are longer than 30 minutes. You'd have to release singles at a ridiculous rate to be able to tour on them and them alone

>Her career already revolves around trying overly hard to be artsy
true
>not enough to lose radio hits.
did you forget about the fame/the fame monster? sure it was some time ago but it sure was enough to established her career as a "artsy" pop singer.

look man all that shit is changing
they're just gonna have edm producers make 3-4 remixes
it's gonna be a package deal

Kys sexist cunt

Music is dead.

Her voice has gotten a lot better since she got out of rehab. She gets matched up with the right songwriters the potential is definitely there.

yeah her voice is great but i don't think she would be comfortable with the artsy concept.

Bring on the memes
She's not Bowie/prince, but still bretty good, and actually has talent

Shit forgot pic

forever a virgin

Beyonce literally just released an album like that.

Sia is the reverse. She was in the art scene and wasn't on the radio and slowly transitioned into a top 40 radio pop star. She's already 40 so I don't expect her to go the opposite way when she JUST got famous. She is very talented, though.

well ill be damned

She wants you to THINK that she just released an album like that. Just like she did on the album before.

FKA twigs
I am sure she can do much more

supposedly the reason for the trashy radio op or whatever is basically that dr luke go her hooked on drugs and alcohol and she was always high/drunk

She homaged the residents in her live show.

Probably secretly got them a lot of press by doing it honestly.

She's had her chance and she's stumbled every time she's tried, that's why.

More likely she'll drop out of the pop scene when she gets bored.

I hope its carly rae
Someone likened her album releases to radiohead
Mediocre with extremely popular single -> Overall solid work
Pablo Honey -> The Bends
Kiss -> Emotion
Perhaps she will make the OK Computer of pop

is bjork too old to count?

> Man there is just no artistry in pop right now.
Miley Cyrus and Beyonce are definitely crossing that gap,, even if they manage to get mixed results at best.
But at least the conceptual conception is quickly gaining terrain against mere form, which is a start?

I'm sure he means mainstream pop artists, not p4kstream pop artists.

she supposedly wrote 250 songs while working on Emotion and made a weird indie album that she decided wasn't right to release at the time

so this might not be too much of a stretch. i can only hope

W T F
T
F

Exactly, I've seen alot of her interviews and she is always very grateful of all the successes she has and in regard to being in the shadow of "call me maybe" she says she is thankful and sees it as a challenge to outdo the performance of that song. I doubt she will ever do that but she can be a pop darling with ease. She works super hard, collaborating with TONS of producers so I think her next effort will be something to look forward to

All the releases after Barter 6 were supposedly just cleaning up after the massive leak. Hytunes is supposed to be more art-y, thug said something about composing more coherent songs a la kendrick and j. cole. source: hotnewhiphop.com/young-thug-channels-kendrick-lamar-and-j-cole-for-hy-un35-confirms-kanye-west-collaborations-news.17475.html

There's also recent clips of him doing edgy stuff: youtube.com/watch?v=ihETomlavJk

Also paradise which was released a bit ago but is supposed to be on hitunes is fantastic and arty.

Mission Accomplished!

this.
L E M O N A D E
E
M
O
N
A
D
E

did y'all not watch the video? the poetry?

we can argue about whether or not it's great or whatever but it definitely is a very ambitious attempt at arty stuff.

its not ambitious at all its super calculated and safe.

>Lemonade
>My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
>Old Boots, New Dirt
>Islah
>Nothing Was the Same

Agreed. What a fantastic decade for ambitious art music it's been so far! Minus that faggy egghead Kendrick LAMEar, this could be the most creative era... ever!

Probably won't happen, but I sure wish.

She was my first celebrity crush (when she was the ultimate qt on Victorious with that red hair) and she released some of the best pop singles of 2013 like Baby I, The Way, and Right There. Yours Truly had a considerable amount of impressive pop songs though it sure had significant flaws also. Ultimately, her debut gave me hope especially with her Contemporary R&B twist on top 40 pop.

But, now she's embraced an entirely sterile and conventional form of pop music that's left me disappointed. I really do hope she becomes more experimental though. She has such a great voice and it's going to waste right now.

she has the body of a pro wrestler

in japan it's normal for pop stars to do collaborations with harsh noise artists

uhhhh.... yea , exactly like david bowie and scott walker

Examples?

Katy Perry doing some cool Electronic Gospel would be amazing.

Taylor Swift
she already has enough money and recognition that she could do whatever she wants, and I think she actually has talent to do something like that

alternatively, Justin Bieber. same thing, except he has good producers instead of talent
his music already got better in the last couple of years

Good choices.

Taylor had a 7 minute track once

She already does pretty much whatever she wants. But she's so off in her own world that's usually hit and miss for anyone listening to her.

the 20/20 experience? most songs are 7 minutes and longer

I would love to see you step away off a cliff desu