Yo, so Windows 10 bottlenecks the shit out of my USB 3.0 writing speeds

Yo, so Windows 10 bottlenecks the shit out of my USB 3.0 writing speeds.
Can't do anything to fix it, and Googling this tells me that pretty much everyone has this fucking issue.
HOW THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT NOT FIXED?

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/235824/how-to-clean-a-flash-drive-sd-card-or-internal-drive-to-fix-partition-and-capacity-problems/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Have you considered your external usb device is slow and dying?
Have you updated the drivers yourself?
What are your current speed?
What device?
What are you copying (big file, thousands small files)?

It's a year old PC and a brand new USB stick.
It starts at 40MB/s and goes to 10MB/s second later.
Same speed on various sized files.
I reinstalled drivers, updated, whatever.

Do a file benchmark test, it could be the antivirus scanning and slowing the files if they are executables

Something's fucked.

Not really, most USB flas drives can do high READ speeds but are slow as fuck WRITING, so, its pretty normal, the test shows you 150 MBps reads with 5~50 MBps writings. I think everything is working as advertised.

Try on a Linux Live CD to see if it not simply the key (I bought the same, but haven't used it yet, iirc it's rated for 100MB/s)

Subscribe to OneDriveā„¢ goy!

>iirc it's rated for 100MB/s
Yeah, read speed. Holy shit you people are idiots.

Such a waste of trips
Also, its rated for 100MB/s READ speed only user, read the thread.

I've just tested writing: averaging at 60MiB/s

Well yeah, synthetic benchmark writing only zeroes will give you high write speed user while real data (random bits) will give you varying speed.

>Up to
Gee, I wonder why. Windows 10 is so bad right guys?

I tested with a big video file.

10MB/s is too slow but 40MB/s isn't terribly surprising for some USB stick.

Doesn't matter that it has an USB3.0 connector, the presence of one doesn't mean it runs at maximum speed possible on USB3.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
HD TUNE HAS BROKE MY FUCKING USB STICK NOW
IT SAYS IT'S WRITE PROTECTED NOW, WHATEVER I TRY TO DO
i just bought it last week FUCK
piece of fucking shit hwergh uioerhjiuoerjhioergergasedrgsdfg

mothefucker ;_;

Holy fuck guys, don't use HD Tune on your USB sticks, mine is bricked as fuck now.

its your flash disquette that has low write speeds

google: windows 10 usb 3.0 slow speed

copyhandler or free teracopy.
Or just pull up your big boy pants, spend 2 sec learning some command line and use cygwin (not the ubuntu subsystem) cp and mv...

Use teracopy

I see you are really new with tech / on Sup Forums.
It's not Windows, but your device is being slow. Did you make a bad purchase? Hell no. Pendrives are slow.

Solved this problem with an M2 external enclosure and a small SSD. They are both piss cheap (entire purchase was like 30$), and this way I have a super fast "pendrive".

son you can Google "Window" and add anything to it and you will have 500 hits. people love to blame shit on Windows - but in this case, there is nothing wrong with Windows.

You can use "diskpart" to totally clean it.
howtogeek.com/235824/how-to-clean-a-flash-drive-sd-card-or-internal-drive-to-fix-partition-and-capacity-problems/
Be careful, with great power, comes great responsibility. (Meaning I once - after plenty of drinks - managed to delete my hard drive instead of my USB. Fun evening.)

>after plenty of drinks
salient point.

We've all got an rm story.