Hey Sup Forums, should i get an ipad pro or a galaxy tab s3 for university...

hey Sup Forums, should i get an ipad pro or a galaxy tab s3 for university? I just moved out of my parents' house and into a little apartment, I have a laptop but it's a heavy 15.6" so I would just keep that at home, and use the tablet for ebooks, taking notes and drawing/watching netflix during my breaks.
what do ya'll recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

inc.com/james-sudakow/science-says-ditch-the-laptop-for-a-pen-and-paper-for-note-taking.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get a cheaper second hand tablet and buy a rubber stylus. That's what I did in my college years.

Unless you're a professional artist, you don't need the Apple Pencil / Samsung Pen / Surface whatever.

A Surface or any other Windows tablet.

thanks, I actually realized this after submitting. i'll probably get the 2017 ipad for the rest of my time in college.

I tired taking notes on a tablet. Pain in the ass. Just get a pencil and some paper notebooks, it is by far the faster way to do things, unless youve got the lecture slides available for download or you're in a CS class. Then you're going to want a physical keyboard. Get a good bag and stick with the laptop.

Get the iPad, Android tablets are fucking useless and iOS 11 has made the iPad an actually useful device

iPads are fucking trash and can't even type text with lag after a year of lagOS malware "updates"

Planned obsolescence at its finest.

If you have an iPhone, get the iPad

If you don't have an iPhone, buy an iPhone

Thank me later

hmm how come my iPad air is running smoothly then? So is my iPhone 5s

It's almost like cherrypicking pictures on the internet its not an argument..

>but it's a heavy
use that money for protein shakes and hit the gym you lacky ass

Fuck off Rajeet.

/thread
Mobile OSs are fucking cancer.

Please kill yourself shill

>muh fragile body will suffer greatly from carrying around a laptop

How about you do it like we used to back when I was in college?

inc.com/james-sudakow/science-says-ditch-the-laptop-for-a-pen-and-paper-for-note-taking.html

The best part? It never gets obsolete. I still have a few notebooks from back when I was in school in the 90's. No problem opening them up and reading their contents over 25 years later.

Android tablets have kind of sucked for a while now, unfortunately.
>tfw no Nexus 7P

No iPad has an A11 Bionic, that's the iPhone 8/X CPU. Pretty sure that's an older iPad. Not saying it doesn't happen, my iPad 4 does that sometimes, but it's old as hell .

iPhone 5s became unusable bricks 3 years ago, no one's falling for your bullshit shill.

>thinkpad x220
>xfceJaro
>vim live latex preview
Take notes easily and quickly format them into readable structures. The laptop is cheap and light enough to carry around. xfceJaro is minimal enough to be quick and is reliably stable. The only reason to have a mac is if you do photo editing, sound production, video editing; and the only reason to run windows is certain specific engineering software. i guess the real question is: whats your major, user?

Windows tablet with a real keyboard and stylus.
Typing is 5x faster than writing, and you still have the stylus to fall back on to draw diagrams.

Tab S3 or iPad will be good for maybe math, and horrible for everything else where you need fast text notes.

Laptop will be good for taking notes in literature class, and horrible for everything else where you need to draw.

You know you have a shitty product when 6 years go by and it's considered "old as hell".

Pic related is what I'd consider to be "old as hell" as far as tablets are concerned.

The problem lies with the retards thinking everything should have the same priority.
The keyboard is THE most important function of a phone.
When you write an OS for phones, the keyboard is just as important as the scheduler.
It should never lag under any circumstances.
If another application on the system can take up enough resources to interfere with the keyboard, that application should be killed, the user should see a huge sign of shame so the developers of that app gets bullied, the keyboard is the only function that is important on a phone.
When you are retarded enough to make a touch input for your keyboard, you damn well better make it efficient.
I am not saying android is any better, in fact it is horrible as well.

and yet retention and understanding is better with writing than it is with typing.

>The only reason to have a mac is if you do photo editing, sound production, video editing

Retard

You're just parroting an opinion that's widespread but wrong. You know nothing.