British documentary

>British documentary
>Here, in the jungles of Bhata-Tuthu, the praying mantis is in search of its prey.
>3 minutes of very clean and uninterrupted footage of the praying mantis following a spider

>American documentary
>Guitar riffs playing in the backround
>YOU PROBABLY WOULDNT WANT ONE OF THESE KILLERS IN YOUR BACK YARD
>Rapid jump cuts of the praying mantis
>THE PRAYING MANTIS MIGHT LOOK LIKE A BUG IN CHURCH, BUT THIS NASTY MOTHER-SUCKER IS NOT TO BE MESSED WITH
>More flashy jump cuts
>THIS LITTLE SPIDER DOESNT KNOW WHATS WAITING FOR HIM, THE FURY OF THE MANTIS IS NOT TO BE UNDERESTIMATED
>More flashy jump cuts
>The mantis strikes
>Strange animal growling and screeching noises are dubbed in as it attacks because silent footage is too boring for americans
>Slow mo replay of the attack in black and white
>AND ITS OVER IN A FLASH
>THAT LITTLE SPIDER
>SHOULD'VE PRAYED
>TO THE MANTIS
>Starwipe to next clip

Explain you are selves

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7FTMlkBifTo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Someone post the comparison about the gun documentary. All of my keks.

its the 3rd time i've seen this thread and it hasn't fail to make me laugh.

because it's not funny

every time

Jesus Christ it's too fucking real.

It's no wonder I watch so many foreign documentaries.

It fucking is. You're too thin-skinned to accept the humor. I suggest playing in traffic to rid the world of your autism.

>humor

*humour

No it isn't it's ridiculous
Stop watching tv and read something

*humor

>No it isn't it's ridiculous

loving every laugh

NOW FOR OUR AD-BREAK. SEE YOU IN 7 MINUTES.

>discussing tv itt
>"dude stop watching tv"

British documentaries are the best shit.

*humour

*huemoar

I don't have the time to do this, but you should know the British arbitrarily added the superfluous "u" to pathetically imitate the French language well after the correct spelling was commonplace. It serves no purpose other than to highlight British insecurity

most real thing I've ever read on Sup Forums desu

It depends on the company doing the documentary. Discover Channel is geared more towards children. National Geographic documentaries are more like the stereotypical British ones.

It's still humour and you only dropped the "u" because you're big fat idiots.

Sad but true. American documentaries are what you get when documentary makers have to be financially viable and competitive with other cable shows, so naturally they are designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator. British documentaries are much less retarded since most come from the BBC and they recieve government funding. Coincidentally, the only US documentaries that are ever worth a damn are PBS documentaries, for the same reason BBC documentaries are good. PBS is just orders of magnitude less funded.

European documentaries>our documentaries

Never heard of this. I want to know more.

No, we are just pragmatists and cut away the useless little things about the language you adhere to.

I'm hoping eventually we get rid of the letter c in due time too.

David Attenborough is god tier tbqh

holy fuck this is so accurate its not even funny

Ken Burns >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Theroux, Attenborough, Schama and all the other Brit memes

uck.

Quite accurate description

But the American one gets millions of viewers while the British one gets maybe a few hundred senior citizens

actualy, its UK

>British kitchen nightmares

>Add some salt, looooook, c'mon, just like this
>both laugh

>american kitchen nightmares

>are you fucking blind woman, jesus fuck, no wonder you had to call me, you're too retarded to even add salt
>laughing is replaced with crying and dramatic music

>American kitchen nightmare
>hosted by a British man

>But the American one gets millions of viewers while the British one gets maybe a few hundred senior citizens

There is an old Chinese proverb, "Big turd attract many flies".

British cooking IS a kitchen nightmare.

PAN

NICE
AND
HOT

What about "Man who fart in church sit in own pew" or "Man who cross turnstile sideways going to Bangkok"?

>British arbitrarily added the superfluous "u" to pathetically imitate the French language
>added
>to imitate the French language
Source?

>he'll be dead soon

That's really the saddest part.

>they receive government funding

My family watches nature docs all the time and were all under 45

>-or: word-forming element making nouns of quality, state, or condition, from Middle English -our, from Old French -our (Modern French -eur)

>English: rumor, color, harbor, labor
>British dialect: rumour, colour, harbour, labour

hey buddy, you live in north america, you guys can take a breath and drop the "u" instead of choking on Europe's dick.

German documentaries are good

Stop watching history channel. It's a meme.

I know the differences in UK/US spelling, yes.
They don't pronounce the u but have retained the French spelling, because why not?
You dropped the u because you wanted to manifest your independence from the brits in a silly way.
They didn't add anything. 29% of the English vocabulary is derived from French.

PBS? Peanut Butter Sandwiches documentaries?

Pretty Big Sharts

>You dropped the u because you wanted to manifest your independence
Rumor, color, and harbor and labor originally didn't have the u. Harbor isn't even a French/Latin word but the brits added a u to it anyway.

That other poster is right. Brits arbitraily add the u to imitate French homos.

Don't lecture us about our language, you impudent gook.

Public Broadcasting Service. They made Sesame Street, Arthur, The Magic School Bus, and other kids shows like that and have a lot of documentaries (science, history, current events, etc.) I remember some nice eurofriend on Sup Forums once saying how a tv network in his cunt aired those shows.

pic related, they're shrunk down and up someone's ass iirc

>Be American
>Write a long informative post
>I reply the with the "Shart in mart" meme to dismiss you

lololol shut the fuck up and go shart in mart

>Brits arbitraily add the u to imitate French homos.
Can you give the exact point in history where this "arbitrary" adding happened? Is there any source to this claim or are you just talking out of your fat, shit leaking, deep fried arse again, as usually?

>harbour: chiefly British English spelling of harbor (n. and v.); In this case it is considered to be without etymological justification and probably by analogy of labour.

>without etymological justification
The u is arbitrary.

Finns are autistic gooks.

Yes, please post I am of interest

It's funny because it's true tho

Are you fucking stupid? We don't have nature documentaries on TV anymore. Animal Planet is for reality TV. Not animals.

I want to die.

>Australian documentary
>What a bobby dazzler
>Here, in the jungles of Bhata-Tuthu, the praying mantis is in search of its prey.
>Lets see if we can catch it and wrestle it
>3 minutes of wrestling it
>Guitar riff
>And there you have it, the praying mantis

>english
>british dialect
>english english is called "dialect"
lmao
so it's a case of "we do it right, the country of origin does it wrong"

Bump of interest.

It kinda is though.

Pay attention, autistic gook.

this
we're literally vomiting memes onto this board
next thing you know we'll be hosting national sharting championships

>Big turd attract many flies

That would explain China's population

>tfw david attenborough will die in my lifetime
jdimsa

Based eesti gets it

This is true except for some of the stuff on public television. Why does cable TV ruin everything?

...What? Is it still called Animal Planet?

we have animal planet too
its utter shit nowadays though

Yeah, I know we do - used to watch it as a kid, can't be fucked to pay for cable these days, though - but I don't think they use it for reality TV, do they?

Don't talk shit about the most extreme, it's the only good show to come out of animal planet in the last 10 years.

im sorry I couldn't understand you, I only speak canadian desu

REMINDER: America dubbed over Attenborough in Planet Earth with Oprah

I ordered the bluray with Attenborough's voice

Good, Oprah was and always will be worth it.

My niqqa

BLACKED

American one is better

LOOK AT DAT LIL ZEEBRUH, AIN'T HE CU-U-UTE
AW HELL NAW DAT CHEETUH GONNA GET HIM!
DAYMN NIGGA HE FAST AF

This is very accurate

>Next on THE MOST EXTREME

Hey buddy, you speak English, you can stop dropping the U's so you can say that you made your own language.

>tfw there is no one as capable as him in sight

The most annoying things are the ad breaks with the 10-15 seconds recap every few minutes, you need to skip half of the video

This is why I haven't watched actual cable/broadcast tv in years.

Oh SHIT
Criminally underrated comment

youtube.com/watch?v=7FTMlkBifTo
There was another comparison which was more hilarious. Can't seem to find it though.

Holy shit.

lel

1 word.
1 fucking word.
Why are americans such fucking idiots? Is it something in the water? There just can't accidentally be a country so full of complete and utter retards.

Tbqh more recent British documentaries also have their fair share of ADHD editing and unnecessary sound effects. The only difference is that the BBC's funding system allows it to make more focused, nichey stuff whereas most American docs have to pander to the lowest common denominator in order to not get axed.

>watching the deadliest warrior on youtube with friends
>so retarded that its actually funny
>we are now going to simulate the battle in our special software
>guy scrolling fast in excel
American documentaries are comedy gold

>BBC's funding system allows it to make more focused, nichey stuff
In other words: taxpayer-supported unpopular, commercially nonviable boondoggles.
>American documentaries are comedy gold
>are you not entertained.gif