It's happening boyz

It's happening boyz.

bbc.com/news/world-europe-37359196

"The European Union needs a military headquarters to work towards a common military force, the Commission president has told MEPs in Strasbourg."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IYp7LcktI9s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good, only way we can get rid of the damn Americans.

neat

Sure. Make the HQ in Poland and we might consider it :)

I mean the EU army is here to protect ALL of it's member countries not just some in the west, right? So it shouldn't be a problem.

You don't need protecting, nobody wants to hurt you anymore.

Who said anything about "protection"?

I'm mostly hyped for potential pooling of defense research. Burgers are never going to share the good stuff.
Hopefully the frogs manage to bend the germs into having a proper regular military integration.

>Good, only way we can get rid of the damn Americans.

A thousand times this. WW2 has been over for almost a century now. Yanks need to go home and take their shitty missiles and troops with them ASAP.

Also, no offense, but it's painfully obvious you are only in favor of this because you Baltics have your buttcheeks clenched so tightly over fear from Russia you've been farting from your mouths for years now.
It's quite pathetic if I'm being frank here. Grow a pair of balls. Stop using others as meatshields you cowards.

We have conscription you retarded slav.

Oh, a cripto-rusophilic hungarian, how representative.

I am ok with this

You can't realistically expect Estonia to stand against Russia alone tbqh.

Time to invade the UK.

>implying that'd stop anyone if they really wanted to take your lands

Enough. You know it as well as I do that even your combined forces couldn't do anything against the might of Russia.

You are only making a joke out of yourselves by conscripting people.

The EU is an American puppet though

No, I am actually concerned about Russians. They are not to be trusted.

That said, the USA currently poses a greater threat to European stability through political and economical meddling, various behind the scenes agreements such as TTIP, also "indirectly" by bombing the fuck out of the middle east reinforcing the migrant problem when everyone and their mother start building rafts and taking it to Italy and Greece.
Not yet, but if we continue down this road it will be. We need to be sceptical of both the EU and the US government, as well as Russia. None of them have the European people's best interests at heart. Also look at the EU, so called "champion of human rights" making a deal with a fucking dictator in Turkey. Disgusting.

I don't think that's a reason for them to not spend money. The combined military budget of EU nations that spend less than 1 billion Euros on their military is somewhere between the spending of Sweden and Poland. So they're hardly powerhouses, but encouraging them to spend less because there's "no point" is a bad idea, at the very least they can provide base and logistical support for foreign defense forces stationed in their country.

Lol, nobody cares what you think pussy nigga.

>Brexit negotiations along with the EZ and migrant crisis lead to the virtual collapse of EU several months into Trump's first tern in office
>During the ensuing chaos Russia sends peacekeeping forces fresh off the lines in Ukraine into several of the Baltic States and heavily reinforces Kalingrad
>Trump's new isolationist America leaves the Europe Project and NATO hanging in the lurch
>A state of war now exists between UK+EU+Norway & Russia
What do

>pussy nigga.

Kill yourself

WW3. This time europe is on it's own.

>Make choco
>Turn on live-streamed battles
>Drink choco while watching the world burn

>trump
>winning
meme harder

Yeah I get wait to get pressed into some stupid war in central africa because the frenchies need more uranium or some shit.

They could spend all that money and resources to better their country. Improve their healthcare systems, ending homelessness or child poverty.
Oh but heavens no. Better spend billions on shit weapons and an army they'll never use over food that'd feed thousands for years.
I mean, let's look at the statistics shall we?
How many wars had Estonia participated in the last 30 years that needed them to defend their country? Hm, let's see, that'd be... zero. Truly, every last penny spent on the military was WELL worth it.
fuck.

>WORLD war 3
>this time Europes on its own

American logic

>implying the US military industrial complex would allow that
I can see the American future, and there's war on it, just like on every decade since WW2

Everybody needs a hobby.

>We need to be sceptical of both the EU and the US government, as well as Russia.
We also need to think and do our best. Sorry for being cynical instead of sceptical, but this reamedy sounds retarded. It sounds, I dare to say, Albanian: trust noone and build bunkers everywhere. Mental bunkers.

>None of them have the European people's best interests at heart.
Oh c'mon. What the European people can do to backup their interests? Stop paying taxes?

definitely should not be your country's future

The whole point of a strong military is never to have to use it. Estonia wouldn't stand alone for long against the Russian threat, but besides having at least some form of a decent military is simply symbolic both inwards and outwards to any country no matter what, showing any sign of weakness while being located next to a neurotic, irrational zombie of a superpower that Russia is (and having a fuckton of Russians in your country) doesn't pay off.

Also, Estonia handles its problems pretty well. They are a developed nation with high living standards already.

You know it's just going to be used for 'peacekeeping missioms' i.e rescuing refuggers

We've tried to keep away from war since we became a country.
I'd say we were mostly succesful

let us keep bases and missiles k? xx

At long fucking last. Well I guess our nukes will soon be your nukes as well my fellow europeans.
Sooooo.... When do we take Constantinopole back?

I support this because as a Syrian I think that they will be less eager to bomb the middle east considering EU is more multicultural

please have cancer

everyone cares, especially you

England logic everyone

This. I'm Syrian my ancestors were Syrian and it's disgusting to see my ancestors temples being blown up. I come on Sup Forums to assimilate more and learn more about culture but I get called a freak

I'm afraid, since it's gonna be European, it will be possibly used only after several weeks of going through beaurocratic procedures, so the front countries will be left on their own anyway.

/this

Nuke Syria when?

Fourth reich now?

We'll get our lads ready.

>Oh c'mon. What the European people can do to backup their interests? Stop paying taxes?
Loosen the EU. More power to their own governments.

>The whole point of a strong military is never to have to use it.
Bullshit. It's a fucking waste of money. Literally almost all European countries have abolished conscription select a few nutjobs. Because they realized they don't need it anymore, because nobody was going to attack them. This is just paranoia fueled propaganda.
>showing any sign of weakness while being located next to a neurotic, irrational zombie of a superpower that Russia is (and having a fuckton of Russians in your country) doesn't pay off.

>implying the Russians would try to attack a country that is part of the EU
Is this some kind of a bad joke? A few of the EU's sanctions have put Russia's economy on its knees, we could do way worse, without any kind of bloodshed.
In case you didn't notice, wars nowadays aren't fought with weapons anymore, but with information, spying, propaganda, lies, assassinations and yes open or covert economical warfare.
Welcome to the 21th century skipper.

European military cooperation alongside nato is only a good thing and the only people this upsets is putinbots.

>Willingly allowing German Turkroaches to take over your countries
Have you not learnt your lesson at the third time of asking?
Getting really boring having to defend you Continental retards from yourselves.

Or you know anti federalists

I was really thinking about that 'hmm look at the time' meme earlier on today and got really bummed out. Realised the Germans are the cancer eating away at the heart of european civilisation.

3rd time's a charm, euroniggers? Bring it

You can kill them all this time, we won't interfere.

Russia has openly been threating the Baltic states. Its not a rational state at all. There's only a minimal chance anything will happen though concerning any EU country, but a military is for that little chance exactly. Also, individual countries at this point should always consider the rearrangement of alliances as a potential, although slight, risk factor. And yes, Russia is a lot weaker than the EU. Our sanctions could make it collapse easily, even better, its current system will collapse on its own within 10-15 years, it's inevitable. But what people seldom get is that Russian leadership is historically reckless and neurotic. Putin doesn't give a shit about the mid-long term future of Russians, neither could he assess the issue properly, his thinking is pretty much stuck in Cold War times. And this is exactly why one should consider this little risk factor when dealing with Russia. Bringing it to its knees economically might (or might as well not) increase the chances of it lashing out in desperation at whomever it can reach. They have absolutely no chance to achieve that goal but they are hell-bent on becoming a global power again the old way and they won't let go.
Wars are indeed fought more or less by those things (actually they have always been fought by the economies behind the armies) , but it's that way because the balance of traditional military power is not drastically tipped in anyone's favour enough for a war not to pose a needless risk. Besides, if the EU wants to become a united global power (euroskeptics kill yourselves) it can't go around having a potent military on its own that's capable of both defensive and expeditional offensive operations. There are much worse things countries should cut costs on.

B-but russia, Spain is Africa so dont attack us plox

>Loosen the EU.

Show me the way to press the Comission and the Council. All I know is that I can vote for some clowns like Korwin or Farrage, who are as funny powerless, as they are dangerous when people start to obey their babbling.

>More power to their own governments.

Then who will have authority over the army? Some powerless eurocrate in Brussels, or maybe some kind of security council vetoable by Cyprus or Malta?

>no unified foreign policy
>no unified doctrine
>unified army

Start shit, get hit

EUMS already exists, and it's a huge scam. I've been there.

Still better than geting pressed into a war because of you fuckers.
Twice.

The unified army is just the first step towards dissolving the sovereignty of all the EU memberstates.

Remove kebab before it's too late.

European army has to be a deal breaker for the US and Russia.
awww shit niggas, what you bout do bout dat shit?

>the first step towards dissolving the sovereignty of all the EU memberstates
That's why it's giving me tears of joy

Now we fight together, Frenchbro.
New frankish empire now!

Yea sorry you guys got anex- oh wait

Yes, I imagine being the only openly fascist state in the EU must be lonely, better to drag all your friends in too :)

Someone needs to shop a German flag onto this.

>There are much worse things countries should cut costs on.
What'd you have in mind?

You are talking about hypotheticals and could be's, but on my sides are actual facts. 30 years of peace between Russians and Estonians. People suffer NOW at this moment, people who could be helped if the political elite could be bothered to pull their heads from their arses.
The arms race never ends. Military always needs to be improved, men robbed from their precious little time on Earth and for what? To quote from a cheesy film; the cup you choose to fill has no bottom.

Time to make some monies

Only one way to combat this Bong lads - yes, it's time to re-establish the absolute monarchy and increase defence spending

let's have a magnificent armed forces loyal to her majesty

New Coalition of the Willing when?

Hopefully. Maybe then we will either become relevant or die in a nuclear fire trying. At least the EU meme will end.

Britain has never had absolute monarch; at least since magna carta. What we really need is to restrict voting some more and de-neuter the crown.

I always wanted to be part of an evil empire. I thought my chance was gone with the USSR.

What kind of serious villans dress blue tho

>What'd you have in mind?
Legislations against excessive waste of food, exponential taxation of excess luxury consumption, actually revising the usage of EU funds and punishing corruption (doesn't work with a loosened EU) to name a few that come off the top of my mind.

>You are talking about hypotheticals and could be's but on my sides are actual facts. 30 years of peace between Russians and Estonians
90's and early 2000's don't really count, Russia was trying to modernise itself and it faced a crisis in every possible field. Russia has been a murderous troublemaker openly threatening the Baltics in the past few years.

Also, your facts are from an era when the Estonian military WAS being improved. My possibilites and hypotheticals pertain to the case of Estonia and neighbouring EU states NOT spending on their military.

Hades from Hercules was pretty cool, megamind was also nice, but I can't think of others.

I'm very interested to see the sorts of people who probably cheered over Brexit also support even more consolidation of authority in Brussels with an EU military.

If your frame of reference is "Whatever is bad for America is good for Europe", consider that an EU-led military would be subordinate to NATO in every fashion.
There's no world in which Russia, say, invading the Baltics, wouldn't see the EU-led force joining in collective defense.

If anything, having Europe take a greater interest in its own defense is a tremendous boon for the US. We can swap out more expeditionary forces from Eastern Europe.

>The EU
>punishing corruption
I'm sure they'll be in a hurry to arrest themselves. Otherwise the first two ideas weren't bad, I can see it as the start of a greater program.
>90's and early 2000's don't really count
Moving goalposts
>Russia was trying to modernise itself and it faced a crisis in every possible field.
That still holds true even today
>Russia has been a murderous troublemaker openly threatening the Baltics in the past few years.
The Baltics would shit their pants from their own shadow. That was the whole point that started this discussion. If Russia really wanted to cause trouble they would've had.
>Also, your facts are from an era when the Estonian military WAS being improved.
There's no proof the safety of Estonia and their improvement of their military correlate in any way. Estonia was safe all along with or without military.
>My possibilites and hypotheticals pertain to the case of Estonia and neighbouring EU states NOT spending on their military.
Your possibilities and hypotheticals prepare for the absolute worst case scenario. That is borderline scaremongering and smells a lot like propaganda.

I hope that Europe kicks Greece out and destroys its economy.

Capital of the empire in Aachen, as usual Germanbro?

>Moving goalposts
Not really. Or you might say that the original ones favoured your point of view. A recently beaten and fallen power torn by inner conflicts will obvioulsy not start shit with a Western country.
>That still holds true even today
Except its not really trying to modernise its system. Its back to Soviet-era basics and everyone with power is happy with it.
>If Russia really wanted to cause trouble they would've had
How can you know, that just really doesn't work that way. I know this isn't really an argument but hell.
>Estonia was safe all along with or without military
Not so sure about that. Even if so, the militaries of its EU allies were definitely needed for that. And in that case, no one likes to be seen as hiding behind others and not putting effort into its own protection. Not that its tolerated. Alliances cut both ways.
>Your possibilities and hypotheticals prepare for the absolute worst case scenario. That is borderline scaremongering and smells a lot like propaganda
There are times shit hits the fan and the lack of a military in those extremely rare cases is so disastrous that the risks outweigh the costs by far. Also, I'm not advocating a crazy arms race. I'm simply saying that every Western nation should have an up-to-date and decent military that is at least able to hold potential enemies while they are battered to sludge economically.

Or Straßburg or Frankfurt.

NATO is and will remain the real deal.

>Or you might say that the original ones favoured your point of view.
Maybe because I'm right? :3
>Except its not really trying to modernise its system. Its back to Soviet-era basics and everyone with power is happy with it.
Is that why they're hacking the Burger's government on a daily basis? I wasn't aware cyber warfare was a Soviet invention. No. The Russians want to modernize themselves, there are clear signs of it.
>How can you know, that just really doesn't work that way.
You said it yourself. "A recently beaten and fallen power torn by inner conflicts will obvioulsy not start shit with a Western country."
>Not so sure about that. Even if so, the militaries of its EU allies were definitely needed for that.
All smoke and mirrors. The likelihood that the EU would've went to war with Russia if they'd taken Estonia is about 0 percent. They are watching as they are taking Crimea even today with no physical intervention.
>There are times shit hits the fan and the lack of a military in those extremely rare cases is so disastrous that the risks outweigh the costs by far.
That implies the Estonian military could do something about Russia, which couldn't be further from the truth. So they would've killed a whole lot of innocent men, then they would've took their anger out on the civilian population.
There's literally no advantages for Estonians to keeping an army.

Dear Americans I for one am glad that you protect us.

A unified EU military wouldn't interfere with NATO, according to Junckers. It would work within that framework.

>Maybe because I'm right? :3
No. You managed to argue intelligently up to this point, this is my last post. Been a pleasure.
>The Russians want to modernize themselves, there are clear signs of it.
Technologically, sure, but that has been part of their portfolio as the USSR too. Politically they don't.
>You said it yourself
They no longer look at themselves that way.
>All smoke and mirrors. The likelihood that the EU would've went to war with Russia if they'd taken Estonia is about 0 percent. They are watching as they are taking Crimea even today with no physical intervention.
That likelihood has been increasing by the day, and it was always higher than zero. Russia has been like this only for 1-2 years, at this point we wouldn't watch the Russkies starting any shit within our borders (Crimea wasn't that).
>That implies the Estonian military could do something about Russia, which couldn't be further from the truth. So they would've killed a whole lot of innocent men, then they would've took their anger out on the civilian population.
There's literally no advantages for Estonians to keeping an army.
Europe combined would fuck up Russia and Estonia is part of Europe. They have their own share according to their size, the rest have their own.

It's like the EU is hellbent on making every other member state leave as well.

>according to the former President of Luxembourg
pretty sure some of your county executives would have more of an idea what they're talking about on defense than him.

yeah good fucking luck you eu swine

Good night then user. It's been fun talking to you.

Then the EU is just wasting money on frameworks that are already in place within NATO.

Unless the EU sets a high Defense GDP percentage requirement on it's member nations and enforces it I don't really see the point.

>President of Luxemburg
>Luxemburg
>President
And you just blew it.

Blew what? Who gives a fucking shit about Luxembourg? They are quite literally a non-country. People meme about Belgium, but there is literally no reason for that retarded little city-state to exist. At least other microstates have the decency to keep to themselves, Luxembourgish politicians are everywhere in the EU and they have absolutely no right to be.

Luxemburg is a monarchy and Juncker was its PRIME MINISTER, not president, since the head of state of Luxemburg is the Grand duke, you knuckle dragging mongoloid island ape.

WHO
GIVES
A
FUCK

Obviously not you, since you tried to talk with the adults before educating yourself. You lost all credibility in this discussion and have two options now: you can continiue shitposting like the boorish shitflinging chimp you are our you can leave and take a bath with some toy ships while etting nostalgic about the time when Britannia did rule the waves and cry a little.

But Megamind ended up being the good guy :^)

I wasn't even talking to you, fuck off you Kraut turboautist.

kys

There was no american war in the 80s.

Ah, so its shitposting then. What a surprise. Very well then, keep me entertained, you silly little monkey. Dance for me!

Are you experiencing loss of time?

This is clearly in response to this .
Maybe you are unwell. You should go and rest some.

>said the pasty basement dweller while he has to listen to Jamal fucking his mom for tenth time this week

>Commission
sounds commie

We need the European Army and we also need the United States of Europe.

It's the only way we will survive the 21th century.

youtube.com/watch?v=IYp7LcktI9s