Intel Core i7-8700K vs Ryzen 1800X

New build kinda brainlet at the moment; suggestions ?

amd, unless you like being cucked by the jews

If you have to ask it's the i7 for you. It's the gayming faggot #1 choice. If you would have serious computation workloads you would not ask Sup Forums anyway. So get your new i7 with your rgb dildo, sell a kidney for your beloved titan and just stfu. Thanks.

so Amd 1800X to support the trains and shower company.

Also 1700, 1700X or 1800X ?

>intel
20+ Performance loss for older gens
Newer gens basically 1 gen down
Ipto 50% iops loss
Idk but the ssd part kills it for me

1700, theyre all the same.

actually forget it 36.95 difference.

explain?

Go with 4790K and DDR3. The upgrade isn't worth it. I went from 4790K, 16GB DDR3 to 8700K and DDR4 and barely notice a difference. The ONLY thing that made a significant improvement was going from SATA SSD to NVMe.

Ryzen. If you want Intel, just wait the 9700K. Supposedly if the rumor is right, it would have 8c/16t.

1800x vs 1700 cost difference.

that's hardly a huge difference when we're talking about computer hardware, the question should be if you get the same or better percent increase on performance with percent increase in price

The i7 8700K has significantly better single core performance and a pretty decent multi-core performance while also being more overclockable.
The 1800X has better multi-core performance tho, but I would personally get the i7.

...or wait for Ryzen+

>amd, unless you like being cucked by the amerimutts
amd is made by intel.
the amerimutt trick is to play gog-magog, e.g. you play both sides of the history to manipulate the wanted outcome. any brand will lose fanbase at some point due to abuse and scam of attempts to grab money as much as possible. therefore the amerimutts have plan b
>goy you are tired of intel?
>goy switch over to amd!
and
>goy you are tired of amd?
>goy switch over to intel!

you can compare it to republicans vs democrats - doesn't matter who you vote and who your president is, the outcome is the same because the owners of the system are the same guys

What do you use your computer for? For plenty of people the extra 2 cores and 4 threads are actually a pretty noticeable bump (video editing, multitasking, software development and VMs)

yeah, good point.
was thinking about zen+, kinda shit I've got a wait till April.
every fucking car company as well.
day-to-day; gaming; vm's/personal server; programing.

what does everyone think about ryzen 1700 and a gtx 1070ti combo.

youre an edgy idiot.

the AM4 socket is going to last for at least 3 years of AMD processors, if not more

Ryzen is just cheaper, but the cheapness is offset by how much it likes fast low-CL RAM (preferably CL14 or CL16) but it's still pretty fucking good generally

Intel has their "tick tock" architecture meme but they've basically done five tocks in a row to give us the 8000 series because people are willing to pay for it because the Intel brand carries weight because of the terrible AMD Bulldozer era (and because of Intel's anticompetitive practices but that's for the courts to decide and enforce :^) )

I have an R5 1600 (6c12t) sitting at a 3.8 overclock with only barely above stock voltage and the stock cooler it comes with, and it was like $150

ig card prices werent fucked, youd be golden

youre not edgy, but an idiot none the less.

fight me, i have top 2 percentile computer performance with threaded applications and benchmark apps and i paid a fraction of the price intel would cost me for the privilege

yeah :(

congratulations your a retard.

they're both good cpus, dont get the x though, waste of time just get 1700. what are you looking for exactly?

Visual Studio, Gaming, TeamViewer sessions. Noticed about a 8% difference in speed, about 7 FPS in 4K gaming with a 1080 Ti. Yes to some it makes a large difference but for day-to-day stuff it really isn't worth it at this point with DDR4 prices.

vm's, games, programing, etc
last cpu was an fx8350 so i guess and ryzen 7 would do.

you misunderstood me I guess. its okay though, cuz youre an idiot,

>Intel has their "tick tock" architecture meme but they've basically done five tocks in a row

They abandoned that awhile ago. Its more accurate to say five ticks.

says the cuck. hows that thermal cum treating you? or did you delid already?

Also I know gpu prices are fucked, but 1070 ti vs 1080 vs 1080 ti. also nvidia sell there own 1080 ti at £670 ish, compared to £890 ish reference ?

youre better off going for the 1070 or the 1080ti depending on what your budget can afford desu.

>lel my funneh images will make my point.

fuck off retard

that the 1070 ti or just 1070 ?

>using cuck unironicaly
ok now I know your retarded
>wtf kinda arguments are these?!?!
You have said so much, yet how can you say nothing of substance? How do you even know I have an intel cpu? Are you just that far up AMD's ass? Nothing is black and white in this world you idiot, people like you just kill Sup Forums
yee good choice. If it were me though, I would wait till the end of the year to build a pc, with cannonlake and ryzen 2, both coffee lake and raven ridge will be pointless.

just 1070

so their ticks provided little IPC and marginal clock speed increases each generation while demanding a new chipset and socket every couple of years? sounds great

a fucking 2700k is still competitive in games that don't thread beyond 4 physical cores; i was on a 3770k pushed to 4.5GHz on air and an NH-D14 for five fucking years and the only reason i upgraded was because my motherboard died and i didn't want to go looking for an old socket on craigslist

intel is for fags

>not knowing the definition of cuck
>being this retarded in the year of our lord 1000+1018

lmao

I agree with you, I cant tell if youre trying to argue with me or not.

>thinking cuck has any meaning left in 2018
>negative iq for sure

Go i7 or zen+

>thinking words lose meaning just because underage use them

Youre a bigger moron than I thought.

savage
> mfw non poorfag and have intel and ayymd rigs.
> mfw had vega and nvidia.

People argue about this and that.. I buy both.

Kinda shit that the market is so fucked.

Anyway thanks all for the help I'm gonna hang-myself; have fun with the thread :)

>thinking overusing words can't lose the meaning
>thinking only kids use cuck
Wow... you know I would call you something, but at this point, your not even worth it anymore.

oh dear.
why not put it down, like people to to dogs

Depends on if you are a turbo nerd or not.

I am not a turbo nerd and bought a Ryzen because the reviewers made it seem like overclocking is easy business. I bought a good motherboard with good hardware but the software updates and RAM incompatability has made my life a living hell trying to get full stability on my system because I honestly have never learned that much about computers before I built my computer.

If you want good value and you have very good knowledge of how computers work go Ryzen. If you want easy plug and play go intel

and you're a dumb idiot lmao

Wait about 2 more months for the 2800X. It'll clock higher and have slightly higher IPC.

>amd is made by intel.
(-)5/10
You're a faggot.