Tutorials to learn emacs and programming (basic programming, science behind computer languages...

Tutorials to learn emacs and programming (basic programming, science behind computer languages, how to start analyzing codes)
can you recommend me videos and pdfs?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/software/emacs/documentation.html
youtube.com/watch?v=B6jfrrwR10k
youtube.com/watch?v=16Rd46SE-20&list=PL7F907999BA1994A1
mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book.html
tparser.org/magnet.php?t=165379551
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That fucking photo. Please refrain from posting tan bald Zen dyke.

Let 56%

gnu.org/software/emacs/documentation.html
Here is where to learn GNU Emacs and basic programming using Emacs Lisp.

isn't it better something like this
?
youtube.com/watch?v=B6jfrrwR10k
or youtube.com/watch?v=16Rd46SE-20&list=PL7F907999BA1994A1 ?

>emacs
do the tutorial first (C-h t), then use as a reference

>programming
mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book.html

>mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book.html
This is too advanced for beginners

Why would someone who doesn't have programming experience would like to learn Emacs? I'd say you first focus on actually learning how to program (start with C) and then moving on to using Emacs when you actually know what you are doing.

books, courses to learn C?

>emacs
Why? There is no reason to use that

$ vimtutor
kek

I liked "C: a modern approach"
Lots of people call "the c programming language" by K&R outdated, but they are the fathers. I'd still try them out

dude, you made my day

because video tutorials are not helpful. Also a bonus with emacs documentation is you can pull it up within emacs itself.

Is this good Sup Forums?

la creatura

Is this girl a programmer? :)

>girl

kek

Read the fucking sticky, faggot.

tparser.org/magnet.php?t=165379551

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2f2c7ead06391dc5ee419837b6e12f6d3007de81&dn=Coding+for+Beginners+in+Easy+Steps+-+Basic+Programming+for+All+A&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.zer0day.to%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969

That is neither a girl nor a programmer.

Search for the man they call Bucky Roberts...he will show you the way.

>neither a girl
sexist much

>sexist much
Learn to grammar, instead of using - speak.

Why is this girl so cute, bros?

EL HOMBRE OGRO!

I know nothing of programming, however, I would like to try to make a little program or script that can crawl through the comments on a news article.

These days, it seems that you need to "click to view more comments". If a news story has 1000 comments or more, I find that often times, people will get very side tracked on one comment thread and it can go for pages and pages.

How difficult would it be to make a little program that scrolls down the page and just continues to expand the comment section as the page loads? Would it be possible to make it so it would run in an inactive tab within the browser?

>van graff
is she dutch?

she's mutt

Honest to god , there is no real “best way to learn” programming

All these mindless faggots her would recommend is going the hardest way possible with emacs/vim/c/rust

But it’s all because they think they’re some kind of special snowflake cause they sacrifice themselves by not using windows or macOS

They think programming is a hard skill to learn like some kind of dark art that you have to learn by suffering

In reality is just another skill like math or Japanese so your best option is to find a way to understand the concepts and the topics that works for you a go though it . It doesn’t matter what you learn first since the amount of useful topics is finite , you’ll eventually be a good programmer as long as you keep putting an effort

For me, I started with “Head First Java 2nd Edition” , learnt the basic of abstractions and OOP and got hook because of Swing , it would allow me to create real looking programs and i created some actual stuff , like a game tracker or a diet manager for my mom (10 years later she still uses it )

Eventually worked out my way to Android , then iOS , then I improved my social skills , and now I’m a engineer manager living in the bay with a Tesla and over 9 years experience.

Learning programming it’s easy if you treat it like learning any other stuff

I consider myself a success , I have everything I need and want , and to the date I never had to use vim or eMacs

People in Sup Forums would think the worst from me , but I least I got my shit figured out , a family and stable job

I wouldn’t trade that for mastering fucking vim

Hey man, i went through all the basics in C (as in the classic book that goes through the "console"), up to structures and such, but I want to jump into object programming with C (as in rad studio, embarcadero) to make programs I'd need in order to make my tasks easier (and because it's fun)

What can I read to get into that? Is there a good book out there?

I know i mixed up the concepts there, I mean i want to use an IDE and not screw my head up with writing everything by hand

is it bait? recommending java and shitting on c ... this is reddit pasta?

mentally retarded much

>SICP
>The C Programming Language
both easily available
If you have no programming experience start with C
I've never taken to regular Emacs. Spacemacs just works desu

No lol

I’m just saying for me , Java worked out cause I was able to make programs for my computer that my friends and family could use , by using Java Swing

If C works for you go ahead , I got a computer engineer degree at the end , I now know C and I’m even good with Assembly , but thanks to learning Java to make a diet program for my mom , I ended up getting a full time job way earlier that most people ( 19 )

I’m just saying learning programming is not a cookbook that you have to suffer through

Whatever it works for you man

For Emacs I'd recommend a YouTuber called UncleDane (with a Pepe picture). He has a series on it.

I’m only familiar with Qt and Visual Studio , but whatever works for you , if you’re doing it for yourself , try to find whatever you find easier ; get it done and then go back to improve it , see how you can optimize your code , not by measuring compiler times or big o notations , just be improving its readability , reducing its size (lines ) or footprint

Always keep reading for new stuff that you found Interesting, and new concepts that people know are proven and good standards