I just listened to this for the first time...

I just listened to this for the first time. This is the only album I can genuinely give a 10/10 - only the title track is just underwhelming.

Animal Collective really started like this? They have certainly fallen from grace, I thought MPP was their best until now but it doesn't even come close to this amazing record.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KiSwGbv4QUg
youtube.com/watch?v=HWlHtiF0IN0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

who you wanna fool

you listened to this 4 years ago and ignored, now after giving it a few dozen tries you finally got into it

there
was it so hard not to lie on the internet

>anco
>good

youtu.be/KiSwGbv4QUg

Campfire Songs and Here Comes the Indian are their best, though.

And that album is essentially an Avey Tare solo album

MPP and Spirit are both 10's in their own right, just on different ends of the spectrum in terms of their ability as songwriters and producers

I like that performance

I literally got into these guys like two weeks ago. I admit I listened to the first track and found it boring, then I listened to other albums to understand their sound and came back to this today.

>boring
I remember the first time I listened I found the opener jarring and borderline painful. Then April and the Phantom came on and all was well

Well a lot of people are already familiar with noise.

As much I think the criticism for Painting Wit is a bit exaggerated, it's really a shame to not be apart of the early era for AnCo.

I wasn't the first time I listened to Spirit, I was like 15

Yeah I actually think Painting With isn't bad but it's mostly a fun album, not edgy enough.

Also
>literally farty synths and farty basslines

When will they pick up some guitars and let Panda play drums to make music like this again?

youtube.com/watch?v=HWlHtiF0IN0

It's offensive towards disabled people

They havent fallen from grace, fuck you. They sound is just merely changing.

Hopefully when Deak comes back

Was that a couple weeks ago?

No, it was six years ago. Don't you have school tomorrow, though?

No, i graduated 3 years ago, but dont you need to wake up early so your mom can take you to daycare?

No, but don't you have to get some rest so you can crawl out onto the operation table?

Nah, but isnt your dad about to blow his load into your mom, the load that would concieve you?

No, but I think you should turn your computer off, spermatogenisis is about occur in your pappy's testes, you don't want to miss it

the title track is one the best tracks desu

best thread on Sup Forums

First, fuck you, second, you should give the internet a rest because your fathers balls just dropped.

>he's actually posting on Sup Forums as the elements that will one day form his body are being forged in supernovas
C'mon man, you have other things to worry about at the moment

thanks

I honestly dont

what are you talking about, if I was disabled I would find that inspiring. the crowd payed good money to watch a grown man do that.

You probably couldn't do what they did in that performance, so what does that make you, a vegetable?

Reminder that PW is fucking incredible live

>Not recognizing that Noah's God-tier percussion throughout the record literally holds it together

Spirit is good but in traditional Sup Forums contrarianism its the most obscure which automatically means its the best.
Spirit wasnt shilled as much as it is now a year ago and certainly not two years ago.

I do understand that, but I've heard Avey gave Panda a blueprint of what he wasted the drums to sound like

It is

It really is.

Jesus christ. The first one is best. How could you be so confused.? Listen more.

Spirit They've Vanished is the best track on the album.

If Anco's discography was in reverse they'd be hailed as one of the greatest bands of all time

Funny way to spell untitled.

Surprisingly accurate

Because it's a different song you simple fuck. Untitled is one of the worst tracks.

>not realizing the beauty of untitled

>Being so contrarian to the point of not realizing that it is utterly inferior to the likes of Penn Dreadfuls and Alvin Row

this
took me a while but it's a great transition into the whole morbidness of lost love in the album

No, but seriously I think untitled is underrated

Listen to "Water Curses "by animal collective. I love that song, you all might too

amazing performance

Some of my favorite drumming ever actually.

Untitled is underrated. Like how the fuck do you even make a sound as intense as the squealing on that track? I've never heard this level of heaven and hell fused in such a way before. It's heart gripping.