Kek, he needs a File Picker

Kek, he needs a File Picker...

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Web
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Literally every modern OS/browser combination supports drag and drop.

The state of GNOME.

The DE in the best state

>he doesn't use midnight commander

>He has to open an extra application just so he can pretened he has a file picker
redhat cucks are the worst

>He has to open a File Picker
Go back to Windows 98 please

now do that thing where you tile two windows side by side and you can't have any other windows over one of them.

then show me how to fix this annoying shit.

The hell are you talking about?

change your wallpaper to solid black without any 3rd party tools or google images

at 0:04 if i were to click on the browser window, the SimpleScreenRecorder window would get pushed behind the file explorer window. you either didn't click on the browser after snapping it to the left, or the screen recorder is forced to stay on top, or the issue doesn't affect you at all for some reason.

WTF would I do that? I'm not an autistic emo

>I can't refute a flaw, so I'll just make up an excuse on why nobody needs it or throw an insult
typical freetard response

damn! gnome looks like really g-
*notices top bar*
fucking trash

It just werks

>He wants a feature nobody needs
Some people use their computer for something more than making youtube videos
To me is the more atractive part, go back to Windows, you can't apreciate the good stuff.

you spend time making a bunch of webms but can't make a 5 second webm to refute my point.
try changing your wallpaper to solid red if you think i'm an emo.

you didn't get me.

assuming those two file explorer windows are arranged via CMD+left and CMD+right, if you were to click on either of them, the browser you have in the foreground would get sent behind not just the window you clicked (which is expected behaviour), but behind both of them. GNOME treats the two tiled windows as one. i've been told to look at the tweak tool settings but none of them solved the issue.

>2018
>using products supported by the red hat
>using systemd
disgusting

It just werks

>there are creatures of Sup Forums who will see nothing wrong with this
GNOME is a disease

Now I get you, but is that way by desing, this allows GNOME to thread both windows as one

entering a hex code in a terminal doesn't just werk when gnome 2 had it perfectly. just admit gnome 3 is shit, you lost the argument

Not an argument
A matter of preference, you challenged me to show you how and I did, you got BTFO

>editing text files to change background to black
oh my god

yea using the default gnome wallpaper settings like a civilized person, you got BTFO man, just accept the loss with dignity

Design flaw of nautilus is that too compartmentalized. gtk devs are ASHAMED that it can't be made the stock file view widget.
The ABSOLUTE STATE of gtk and gnome.

You asked and I delivered, cut the whinning faggot, don't like it? not my problem.
>Talking out of his ass
Anybody can do that

it's bullshit. i like the fact both of them resize together. what i don't like is that if i want to bring up a document or a web page for reference while typing some code, it will disappear as soon as i go back to my text editor. so to avoid this i have to make sure my windows are not touching each other, which looks like shit, but at least it doesn't do this type of dumb shit.

I like the way it is it helps me more, shame it doesn't helps you.

what is the best file manager and why is it thunar?

shame that after all this talk i used to hear back in the day about how customisable the Linux desktop is, i'm stuck with some shitty "feature" that makes no sense in the first place and no simple solution that doesn't require installing a new DE.

There are plenty of secundary DEs who would welcome a drama queen like you, worry not.

I've been doing that for over a decade in Sup Forums and every other site, when using multiple monitors, it's much more comfortable then even using a file picker.

Glad you finally found out about it. Didn't think it would take some people this long.

likewise, i'm glad to be reminded that when one runs out of arguments, namecalling is still a viable solution

pcmanfm because i t doesnt try to bring all of xfce with it

Thunar or Spacefm?

>worring for namecalling in Sup Forums
Dude, go install Hanna Montana Linux, is perfect for you, I told you it is by desing and I found it productive, don't like it, use a workaround.

Not an argument

Use cinnamon. It's gnome 3 for sane people

>Butthurt by systemD
You are a specie in extinction grandpa

there are operating systems that dont do this?

I don't see how dragging and dropping from your file explorer isn't the same concept as a file picker springing up automatically to do the same thing.

At least in the case of a file picker, the program instantiates the picking, which in the case of Firefox is great because it can remember on a per site basis where you last opened files (both for reading and writing), so when I'm on Sup Forums my Sup Forums image folder pops open for posting and saving, for sites like YouTube my video folder pops up after I've selected a file to use there at least once already.

This is infinitely more organized and convenient in my opinion, than say navigating to the directories yourself each time and managing the opening and closing of location instances.

>he doesn't just paste the image from his clipboard
How new is everyone here?

Even fucking MacOS has a functional file picker and can change the background color without using the terminal. GNOME is a bad joke.

>He really needs a File Picker
Go back to Windows 98 grandpa

that only works with epiphany you fucking faggot
No one uses that shit

Nice .png, faggot

2 klicks, vs 3 klicks and dragging.
Good luck doing it on touchpad

>he doesn't have a functional filepicker

>He uses a Mac
you bread smells like cum

>Good luck doing it on touchpad
Only if you have arthritis, grandpa

I stand corrected.
Does it work on older FF (like waterfox) or is it just for 57 since it supports CSD
It's still a shitty solution compared to just implementing a proper fucking file picker

It works in chrome and in opera, I don't give a fuck about the others.

>no u
Nigga just admit that your DE is fucking flawed like every other. Linux users at least can fix their own shit unlike mac and windows users who are tied to a corporation's will, yet they don't do it.
The file picker bug is 10yo and can be easily fixed but no one does. Explain that you faggot.

No need to fix perfection, drag and drop is way better

this thread is cancer. ppl arguing about file pickers who the fuck cares? Go do somthing actually usefull with your pc

yet most people uses the filepicker, but entitled GNOME devs don't give a shit about it.

most people cant still use a file picker in GNOME with a preview pane, whiners ain't nothing but dramma queens.

can*

This. The gnome devs are not going add a thumbnail view on the file picker. It's been like this since gnome 2 so I don't know why people are losing their shit over this now

KDE trolls has nothing better to do

and why they don't offer both options? Is that hard for them to implement it?

It will be implemented in GTK4 and then you whiners will complaine about something else by then.

technically drag and drop from a separate program (i.e. your file manager) is the superior way as it is more versatile. file pickers make no sense and violate unix principles, there is no reason to have a completely separate and less useful interface just for "picking a file" that runs within a host process

>entitled devs
you're the one begging for them to do something

>no more status icons
>no more icons on the desktop
>who needs a file picker?
>no thumbnails on file picker
and the list is getting big and big

whoa it worked on mate 1.20

i don't think windows 7 does

d&d is extremely comfy because you see the files where and how you're used to seeing and finding them

Same with file pickers, dude

>smol window you see occasionally is the same as your explorer you see all the time
sure

What browser is that?

wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Web

Kek, he needs a mouse...

then you should rethink, because it can

u sure?

yes, drag'n'drop was there long time ago, its up to browser to support this feature, not os.

You're confusing with macos mate

Any good? I've been looking for Firefux alternative.

nope, it doesn't even support youtube streams

Fug. That DE integration is sexy as fuck.

Gnome is pretty cool, but Unity was better.

linux was a mistake

If there is something I despise it is drag and drop cancer.

Yes, it does support YouTube streams

No, it doesn't. Since when? I literally tested that just last week.
It doesn't have MSE & WebM VP9 and WebM VP8 support according to youtube.com/html5

In Fedora I installed the codec pack with Fedy and it works fine, it is my default browser

Pretty sure you're thinking on Windows 10, not GNOME

>codec pack
I will look at it again then, can't recall having that installed (at least not manually).

>he needs GUI

>he needs images to grab attention
text only, fucker

this level of damage control make me cringe

(._. / /) You used to call me on my lelphone

Some of us have work to do

I actually feel you on this user. Is there a GNOME extension or some shit to fix this? It gets really fucking annoying.

the next logical step is removing virtual desktop
>who need it anyway ? you can just works on one desktop and manage your app with superkey + click
>as a gnome dev I only works with 2 apps max anyway, so I'll guess everyone do the same
>I don't know what virtual desktop is or does sorry

meanwhile on Sup Forums
>guys Gnome is the standar Linux DE
>look I do webm I dont need virtual desktop

I would hate having that.