I need a powerful GAYMEN laptop for college!

>I need a powerful GAYMEN laptop for college!

Seriously, fuck you. You're there to learn, not game.

When I started college almost 10 years ago I had a PC and a really shitty laptop from 2001. That was enough. I remember I even ended up getting a tablet before anyone else did back in 2011 and still I found that that was completely useless.

All you need is a chinkpad or latitude or a desktop pc, a pen and notebook. That's it you stupid nigger. Wow, you need a laptop to do research with your friends? Just use the library PCs like we used to do. College is a scam anyway and is going to be a big fat waste of your time that will enslave you with debt.

Until you start earning your own money you're entitled to the shittiest of shit technology. That's life's #1 lesson over an "education".

jokes on you, I dropped out of 10th grade

Derek!? It's been so long. How are ya buddy?

cool story brony

>That was enough
You sound like the old boomers at the board meetings when our school district wanted to purchase a few computers.

you need a laptop just to access the metric ton of documents on college intranet

I got plenty of use out of my laptop at college. Thing is I fell for the small-and-light meme, not a day in the lab studying with classmates went by that I didn't wish I'd gotten a 15" laptop instead of a 12" laptop. So don't get a gaymen monstrosity, you don't need a dedicated GPU, but you do need a good sized keyboard and a decent screen of 1920x1080 at a minimum.

Note: the laptop was for typing papers and programs. Taking notes is something you should do with pen and paper. Its easier. Even if you can type very fast, you can draw diagrams and write down mathematical formulas much faster with pen and paper.

He's unironically right.
>old high school spends thousands on imacs and macbook pros
>use them for fucking word processing for English classes
If your university is anywhere decent the computer labs will be more than enough

I agree with this. The school district I went to had some shit e-series thinkpads but they were good for what was needed. Now they have a one to one ipad program and I've heard that within the first year (this year) 50 or so ipads have already broken.

This 100%. I started college in 2011 with a middle of the road HP laptop and my OG Motorola Droid. That was enough. I built a $500 desktop to play Dark Souls after getting a job and an apartment in 2012, which I still use.

My only regrets are falling for the tablet meme and buying a gaymen keyboard. Both of these things are total wastes of money. The gaymen keyboards are bulky, gaudy and uncomfortable; tablets are absolutely useless for anything but mindless web browsing.

What if I work and I buy the pc with my hard earned money? cant tell me what to fucking do with my cash.

I totally agree with you.

This is why I only used something like 7% of my stipend on a thinkpad. College is not a scam though, finding connections in acedemia is useful, it is overpriced on the other hand.

You've been in college for 10 years?

What a pathetic autist.

i regret not burning money on a nice pc just because of how expensive computers are now

You literally cannot go to college without a laptop nowadays. All of my homework is online, professors push documents to their websites and tell people to follow along, and some of my CS professors expect you to try new concepts with them.

Literally won't survive without a laptop.

Jokes on you, I live in europe

You can drill out the aluminum rivets holding the 3.5" hard drive chassis in these and mount a full length GPU. They also fit standard ATX PSUs.

>Not getting a job at 14 and buying whatever the fuck u like with your own money

>College is a scam anyway and is going to be a big fat waste of your time that will enslave you with debt.

Conservative propaganda shill plz go.

You need a conversion cable for the power rails because Dell uses a smaller one. I have a 7020 that's my mid-tier gaming PC rn.

>You're there to learn
Kek sure old man, that may be true but you can't learn 24/7. Nobody wants to burn themselves out studying all day, that's how you turn into people like you.

Shut the fuck up liberal faggot, the debt meme is peddled by leftist fucks like you

Got a 790 mini tower like in OP with 2nd gen i7 for like 325 canadian. Prettty legit

I found a tablet and a notebook to be the perfect combo for college.

>work as a student desktop tech at uni for 3 years
>get a free 790mt i5, mac pro 4,1 8core, t430, and x220

Finally got me a gaymen laptop and absolutely love it. I don't need it just like I didn't need a car to get to class when a bike would work too. Cryptos have turned the market on its head now so a decent laptop can be had for under a grand which is basically a typical budget for a build without a monitor.

Oh back when I was in uni I was one of the first with an mp3 player and installed a CD burner and Ethernet card on my emachine. Times change you can adapt or eat the dust of those that do

in 2014 our campus still had pentium 2 systems

disgruntled micro center wageslave spotted

What games do you play ? :D I love Dark Souls 3 :p it's kicking my butt but it is awesome \m/ game on, dude :D

>I have nothing to do with this thread but here's my irrelevant thoughts

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT fall for the optiplex 9020 meme. It's a dead end in terms of upgrading.

>gaming on my p51