Just put the finishing touches on my hardware setup tonight with the Roland MC 808 and the MBOX...

Just put the finishing touches on my hardware setup tonight with the Roland MC 808 and the MBOX, should have an (original 1980's run) TB303 in about a week.

hardware production general thread, gogogogo

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s13NmzIn8Fvd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump for great conversation

heres the list of my current synths:

ms20mini
sq1
volca keys
volca sample
monotribe
DX21
casio sk1
roland vt3 vocoder

Next I wanna buy a 4track cassete recorder, and finally get working on mixing and dubbing some tapes.

I'm trying to buy a Korg Ms2000r this weekend, but I got fucking sick so I can't leave the house

I was considering picking up an MS20m soon. The only issue is that it doesn't sound as fat in videos as people make it sound

Recently picked up a microbrute and a jx-03, I'm finding that they complement each other well and do things the other can't. Down the road I want to get an analog synth module I can plug into my microbrute for extra oscillators and such. Does the doepfer Dark Energy II work well with the microbrute?

I really like it, previously I had only been using it for lead synth sounds, but now I figured out how to convert midi in to the sq to cv out and feel like I've unlocked so much potential.

Check out this track, it has an acid-y bass sound from my ms20mini, being sequenced from my laptop through the sq1

>jx-03
how is the jx03 and those roland boutique series?

aww shit forgot to post it, here is is

vocaroo.com/i/s13NmzIn8Fvd

How do you like your SQ1, I got one a couple months ago and while I've had some fun playing around with it I haven't been able to put it to any proper use yet.

I've been able to get some pretty cool sequences on it by turning the nobs but since you cant save them you end up losing anything you make on it.

But dude getting the midi setup is a fucking dream. my setup usually is a midi sequence in reaper on my laptop, sq1 plugged in via usb, then cv and trig cables going into ms20mini. the sync gets carried out from the laptop and into the sq1 too so i have sync out of the sq1 going into volca keys, sample, etc...

I can only speak for the jx-03 because its the only one I've used, but I really enjoy it. It has a really diverse range of sounds, I can get really bubbly liquid sounds out of it and lush ambient pads. If you're gonna get a boutique module the jx-03 is the best bang for your buck. I'm sure the other ones are cool too though. My only complaint is that the knobs are too small and close together.

I've been wanting a MS20m for a while now, looks like there is still a few new ones left in the country, but now I'm thinking I should just buy a modular.

i got a dx-7 i just need a stand and an audio interface so i can start crankin out chunes

Yeah I'm yet to use midi with it so I'll check that out and see how it goes.

>Current setup
Hardware:
18i20 Focusrite Scarlett audio interface
16 channel spirit live mixer
Maschine studio
Emu Esi-4000 turbo sampler
Emu Esi-32 sampler
Korg Volca sample
Korg Volca Bass
Roland Space Echo
Korg Monotron Delay
Big muff bass fuzz pedal

Software:
Logic Pro
Maschine
AudioMulch
Audiofinder
Quattro DSP
Komplete ultimate 10
Reaktor 6
Waves Tapes, tubes and transistors
Waves J37, LoAir, meta verb and metaflanger.
Toneboosters essentials pack

cool
what do you do with all that stuff

I am also interested in this

I mainly just turn off the lights, make a simple house beat, and spin around in my chair really fast.

>what do you do with all that stuff

What would you like to know, do you mean in general what do with it or specific parts?

I do a fair bit of sound design with it and the odd track here and there.

Bump

I'm really upset that you posted the picture upside down

G'day mate, don't be upset I live in Austria everything is upside down here

Is getting hardware synths worth it?
Especially if you dislike synth-pop and stuff like Kraftwerk?

You can make synths sound like anything, though I don't know what you would want to make.

These days, it really doesn't make sense to get hardware synths. A midi controller and some software is really all you need.

I used to be deep into hardware synths, but kept buying more and more, searching for the perfect one. But, there is never a perfect synth. Software is the way to go. The possibilities are endless and you won't be stuck with a room full of gear

You can use synths to make lots of different sounds you know, not just synth pop and kraftwerk sounds.
i think they are worth getting, I like small synths that I can sit on the sofa with and just fuck about with, bonus points if it has a sequencer too

Copying format

>Current setup
Hardware:
Komplete Audio 6 audio interface
Audio 8 DJ interface (RCA devices / 2nd Midi)
Mackie Blend 6 channel mixer
Zoom H6 mobile interface / sound recorder
Rane TT56s
Yamaha HS8 Monitors x 2
Roland SP-404 sampler
Akai MPX8 sample pad
Korg Volca Sample
Korg Volca Beats
Korg Volca Bass
Korg Volca Keys
Korg Volca FM
Korg Monotron Delay
Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+
Korg MicroKorg
Korg MS20M
Moog Sub 37
Roland JP-08 + K25M
Yamaha MM6
Custom Gameboy DMG-01 (Prosound / Variable clock)

Controllers:
Ableton Push 2
Akai MPK225
Akai APC Key 25
Korg PadKontrol

Software (Paid Only):
Ableton Live 9 Suite
Arturia V Collection Classics
Native Instruments Razor
Plogue Chipsounds

Other Hardware:
Technics 1210 Turntable (Black) x2

DJ Hardware (mostly retired, though sometimes used for visuals)

Pioneer DDJ-SB
Novation Dicers
Traktor Kontrol X1 (MK1)

-- Other pieces of DJ Hardware may be outside this list, as they have found use in music production --

DJ Software:
Serato DJ
Serato Video
Traktor Scratch 2
Maxi Patch 5

One day I would like to make an actual inventory, cataloging ALL my assets, including stands / flight cases / rigging / mics / non-electric instruments etc.

TLDR: I'm irresponsible with money.

>These days, it really doesn't make sense to get hardware synths. A midi controller and some software is really all you need.

If I didn't care so much about playing live, I would sell most of this in an instant. As a minimalist in every other aspect of my life, I think about this nearly every day.

Hardware IS fun though...

I do this