"Grime isn't Hip-Hop, it evolved from Garage"

>"Grime isn't Hip-Hop, it evolved from Garage"
youtube.com/watch?v=8nrVrWkq_dc

And yet this "Garage" shit sounds exactly like Hip-Hop too.

Are Brits fucking retarded or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BWVw2UZwllA
youtube.com/watch?v=zpV7radKuwo
soundcloud.com/bokbok/live-grime-set-with-kelela
youtube.com/watch?v=1bG_EYj0IPs
youtube.com/watch?v=hdju3A4Gdyo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"Grime" = Shitty British Hip-Hop
"Garage" = Shitty British Hip-Hop
"Jungle" = Shitty British Hip-Hop

Yes there are minute differences in sound, but it;s all the same shit. Don't let any britcuck try to tell you otherwise. They just have special snowflake syndrome.

Is all this ignorant spam an attempt to make Americans look even more stupid? Because you're succeeding.

youtube.com/watch?v=BWVw2UZwllA

Also this "uk dubstep" (which is more dub than dubstep desu) is also shitty hip-hop too

>"Grime" = Shitty British Hip-Hop
There's an argument to be made here

>"Jungle" = Shitty British Hip-Hop
Not all Jungle has lyrics, just don't compare Jungle to hip hop. Please.

>"uk dubstep"
fuck you clueless plebs

youtube.com/watch?v=zpV7radKuwo

This but let's get one thing straight

Grime is a SUBGENRE of Hip-Hop

You all sound thick as shit and listen to shitty music har har har.

EYEEEEEEHAW

>"Jungle" = Shitty British Hip-Hop
(You)

soundcloud.com/bokbok/live-grime-set-with-kelela

a mix featuring both garage and grime mixed by bok bok with live vocals from kelela...i think its beautiful despite shitty live recording

this isn't garage, you monkey
please Sup Forums stop talking about dance music, you're clueless

All this shit is basically the ruff sound, but slower
pay attention to how the rhythms are actually created at the low tempo they sound and aren't just slowed down ruff. this makes sure that the pitch of the tune is intact and there is not the mc who instead of chatting like a RAGGA MC now mcs in the style of a rapper

>The Streets
>Grime
Are you all retarded? No shit, garage-influened hip hop sounds like hip hop!

i like this meme

How is grime not considered hip hop

Most of this transpired in another active thread about the influence of dub on hip hop, but let it be known, this board is secretly full of salty fucking brits making a case for their already weak-ass genres somehow not being hip hop subs.

Some brit get in here and sing the praises of fucking Lady Sovereign and Big Narstie.

Seriously, Big Narstie. Hahahahahaha.

>sing the praises of fucking Lady Sovereign and Big Narstie
>Big Nerstie
HAHAHAHAHAHA

By the way brits special thanks to you guys for giving some great blues artist a resurgence before wholesale stealing it the same decade. Clearly The Animals knew what John Lee Hooker standards needed--suits and a mellotron. Yikes.

Huge thanks for pretty much all of the classic rock as well. Middle school would've been rough without that shit. Double thanks for progressive rock, the genre with the most annoying fans IN THE WORLD.

sounds about right

Is this the birth of an epic new meme?

Ruff Sound is the best grime related meme there's no point starting any more.

The Streets are more relevant in ameriburger than in the UK.

This isn't grime, this is British flavoured hiphop. JME, Skepta, Kano that's grime mate

The argument is that garage is just hip-hop

Garage is garage
Grime is grime
Hip hop is hip hop

and that the streets are garage, which influenced grime

Garage isn't hip-hop it's a dance genre.

The Streets are garage influenced hip-hop though.

But The Streets isn't an accurate depiction of garage at all. Garage is mostly instrumental and it's a dance/club genre. It's not a rap/MC heavy genre like people on here are claiming it to be.

Music is influenced by its people, time and surroundings. British music and American music will always be different. But ofc there will be areas of crossover. Lyricism over beats will obviously share it's similarities but it's culture will always be different

>Garage is mostly instrumental and it's a dance/club genre. It's not a rap/MC heavy genre like people on here are claiming it to be
youtube.com/watch?v=1bG_EYj0IPs

sounds like brittish rapping to me bro

Garage came from house, house came from disco, disco came from rhythm and blues, r&b came from jazz, jazz came from the cotton fields, those work songs came from Africa.

Its all just post-African repetitions.

>he doesn't hypeman MC
You're showing your ignorance breh

Hip hop sounds just like Jamaican toasting to me, bro

Kanye is just American reggae

>Kanye is just American reggae
I'm gonna have that quote framed on my wall

Grime actually originates from a mixture of grunge and third-wave Southern California ska. That's where the name comes from
>Grunge + Sublime
>Grime

yeah but no it isn't

>kanye
>american reggae
Best description of kanye I've heard

big narstie is a fat fuck who can't rap and has nothing interesting to say

then again that goes for 99% of grime MCs
(You)

>grunge + sublime
>grime wasn't already a word

Are you trying to tell me that the genre of grime was named after a word for dirtiness? I don't think so, sir. It's named after grunge and sublime. There's documentation

Because dirtyness isn't a good description of it right?

Not as good a description as "grunge + Sublime" would be

To be fair, grime doesn't exactly give a good first impression as a name of somthing

If you listen to this im sure you'll find some differences from hip-hop.
youtube.com/watch?v=hdju3A4Gdyo

you are a complete poofter

Grime is more about melodic-bass or a dirty knocking lead than a gangster Desiinger - Panda sound

This is fucking complicated, so you may want to read this twice: UK urban music is influenced by US hip hop AND by Jamaican dancehall, AND by Euro rave.

US hip hop came from Jamaican dancehall, but UK also has a direct connection to the motherland because there have been a fuckload of Jamaicans in London since the 1960s. I mean, one of the biggest English rock bands of the 70s had a Jamaican MC.

So saying "grime is not hip hop", is just underlining that there is not a simple line of influence from US to UK. The line goes

Jamaica=>UK
AND
Jamaica=>US=>UK

Your'e using a bad example, Original Pirate Material is not a garage album, it has garage influences and is in places but is not strictly a garage album. These are Garage tracks:

Dj Zinc: 138 trek
Agent X: Decoy
Sticky: Golly Gosh
Wookie: Storm
Monsta Boy: Sorry
Sweet Female Attitude: Flowers
Jameson: Urban Hero
Shanks & Bigfoot: Sweet Like Chocolate
Ms Dynamite: Booo!

I cant be bothered to link them, but look them up yourself if you're actually interested in hearing the difference.

Are you trolling with this shitty logic?
Posting The Streets and claiming grime/garage sounds just like hip hop means you think The Streets are grime/garage, and that they sound like hip hop.
I'm saying they obviously sound like hip hop, because it's obviously hip hop and NOT grime. There is a distinct genre called grime, they're sound is influenced by it to some degree because it's mainly made in their country, but they are NOT garage, NOT grime.

influenced by hip hop =/= is hip hop

this. any /bleep/tard who says otherwise needs to fuck off back to their containment thread

theyre more derived from house and techno than hip hop. its a complex set of influences crossing. its not like its just hip hop or one genre or style is the direct and only precursor to another.

Is this shit a real list or just jokes

Why is everything in the UK so fucking gay

yeah its funny those names could all be real or a joke list and i couldnt tell the difference without googling

I'm listening to Urban Hero right now and it sounds like fake music in a bad TV show, or a song that got cut from the Wipeout soundtrack.

Just listened to Sweet Female Attitude, DJ Zinc, and Shanks & Bigfoot. All of this shit is embarrassing.