Switching to fedora kde

I'm thinking about moving to fedora kde from ubuntu. What do you think? Pros and cons. How is fedora kde generally? Anything I should be aware about. selinux issues?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.softpedia.com/news/Linus-Torvalds-Smashes-the-Fedora-Project-Calls-Them-Stupid-393127.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's great. I only had one problem with fedora before, and its was quickly fixed with a kernel update in juts a few days after the previous update.

There is no much to say about the KDE, fedora KDE is bloated system. If you care about this dont use.

If you like KDE pick OpenSUSE instead. Fedora works better with GNOME.

/thread

KDE is fantastic. Not as polished as Unity, but notably faster, and is still somehow more polished than any other DE.

Fedora is ok. I doubt you will notice a huge difference. Fedora and Ubuntu are both large corporate distros with good compatibility and support. Fedora updates every six months or so and you generally need to update right away. No LTS like Ubuntu.

fedora is utter shit, don't bother
they even managed to fuck up their package manager

Fedora works better *than Ubuntu* with GNOME. Fedora/GNOME is the best GNOME implementation that exists, and it's still a steaming pile of crap.

GNOME is broken by design. Once you get more than 4 or 5 extensions it becomes a crashy mess, yet the DE requires extensions for core functionality. The extensions are just raw javascript too. Its gross.

There are probably a dozen better DEs and a hundred better Window Managers to pick over GNOME.

Fedora KDE is extremely vanilla, nothing has been done to integrate the DE with anything else. It's also surprisingly bloated in weird ways. On a fresh install, you get Firefox, Qupzilla AND Konqueror all at once, for instance.

I't say that there's no real benefit of picking KDE in fedora of all things.

everytime i try fedora its live usb either doesnt boot or boots broken

Try KDE Neon first and see. Stable Ubuntu base with a rolling userland. Its a good way to try Plasma as well.

Plasma (KDE) can have weird defaults sometimes but overall its got good stuff.

What happened user, the DE you used until now got replaced with THE FUCKING FOOT?

There's a video floating around on how to replicate a lot of Unity's functions in KDE, if that's the case.

Enjoy having to reinstall every version upgrade retard my sides

What do you mean? You just download and reboot. Its the same as ubuntu.

I've had the same install since fedora 22 and I haven't had to reinstall once.

how to unbloat the fedora

does fedora pile up kernels if you don't clean them up? that was a problem for me on my trial mint box (small partition, just 25 GB, but I had like 6GB worth of kernels because of all the updates, had to clean them out manually)

Just get the LXQt spin. 250-ish ram eaten on startup, sensible software on a fresh install, not much to remove. It's far from /glmg/ autism, but definitely a major improvement over the fucking foot.

Pros:
- software is a bit newer
- animations in GNOME seems to be smoother than in other distros (or maybe I am just imagining things)
Cons:
- a bug where Evince can't fucking zoom is still not bieng fixed since F25. How are they doing that? At least Gnome's sync took only two years to fix.
- small repos (compared to Debian and Ubuntu)

I use Fedora on my laptop and it works fine. Although, I can't really justify my choice of it over Ubuntu.

Good choice, but Fedora is made for Gnome.

GNOME is the best Linux DE, that is why is the standar

>Not as polished as Unity,
dfuck r u talking about

>extensions
didn't see any worth using and i checked the entire list

>after all this time
news.softpedia.com/news/Linus-Torvalds-Smashes-the-Fedora-Project-Calls-Them-Stupid-393127.shtml