Why is this the best hip-hop album ever created Sup Forums?

Why is this the best hip-hop album ever created Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZOX6xLokf3M&list=PL06E7CC19076D269A&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=2m3yai6CPBk&index=16&list=PL06E7CC19076D269A
youtube.com/watch?v=Og3wji8o-N4&list=PL06E7CC19076D269A&index=19
youtube.com/watch?v=hL5cun2kQ6M
youtube.com/watch?v=NKPXDPKFtmM
youtube.com/watch?v=A7_0vcjN-4c
youtube.com/watch?v=jRn9BRo4Igw
youtube.com/watch?v=YPCwL__3Lss
youtube.com/watch?v=A9hwx-yn6-k
youtube.com/watch?v=6jd0VICL4og
youtube.com/watch?v=kyhAh0ByaCk&list=PL0SaojeJzUPcyl8nRfzXztF7np1rt_9Mr&index=4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

HAHAHA yeah right

post your pick loser

Ermm. Madvillainy?

lolno

not even MF DOOM's best album

Danger Doom is better

>

You're all wrong.

I love Madvillainy but I am mystified as to why this board likes it the most. It seems like a majority of this board isn't into hip hop, with Madvillainy as the lone exception. Why?

It's obviously pic related

Wu Tang Clan really isn't something you should fuck with

That would be Exmilitary

Mmm are you sure? I think it is. I think maybe JJ Doom is second. Then Operation Doomsday, then Black Bastards (with KMD), and then MM...Food, which has some great tracks but is soft in the middle, and has a few duds on top of that.

This record is top five for me, but I definitely think a case can be made for it being the greatest hip hop release to date. Fuck it's good. Every track, every verse, every beat is gold.

MF Doom without Madlib is just generic rapper talking about black problems with generic production

What does this album actually say that warrants it being the best hip hop album ever created? Isn't it suposed to sound like some dudes hanging out, smoking weed, and just saying whatever they're thinking about (which usually isn't a lot)

And why does DOOM keep mentioning that he's a villian without actually saying anything villianous? Am I missing something here?

This is the forst time I see someone liking JJ DOOM. It's my least favorite from all his output. My top 3 is:
1. Madvillainy
2. The Mask and The Mouse
3. Operation Doomsday/Take Me To Your Leader

It's part of r/music canon I think

also contenders

Put it against any hip hop album ever and you'll be picking Wu Tang every time.

Because his life is like a folklore legend

So we all agree Figaro, then Meat Grinder, then America's Most Blunted, right?

>no Raid included
shiggy diggy

I copped The Mouse and The Mask before I was thirteen and it changed my whole life. I've been stuck in hip hop ever since. Being said, I don't think that's a super strong record, with a few exceptions. Crosshairs is really special.

I don't think Janeiro is a great producer, but Doom seems to put out one of his best performances on that record. His bars on Guvnor hang with his best.

That's because its shit

Used to love Raid but I've since grown away from it. Recently I've come to love America's Most Blunted. I like Fancy Clown and Great Day probably second best.

pleebs

What about TPAB?

top 5
10/10
8/10
9/10
7/10
8.5/10
8/10
top 5
10/10

my number 1

The main issue with this album is that a lot of the instrumentals sound like they've been speeded up, leaving no room for the MC and also making any sound with tone have a higher pitch.

However, the grooves in the sound allow for unusual flows that you wouldn't normally associate with a rapper, but more with a RAGGA MC.

MM...Food would be my favorite Doom album without the fat.

Not even hip hop

>36 Chambers 9/10
>Clouddead 10/10
Serious?

I like them white rappers, MF DOOM is rap for white people t b h

I'm not white btw

Death Grips discography is better than MF DOOM's and every DG album is better than Madvillainy

I don't think so. People always seem to be wrong with that "instant classic" shit.
What gets cut and what stays?

Would hate to be this guy but after a point DG sheds it's hip hop influence.

That's true, MF DOOM is hip hop and DG is barely hip hop except for Exmilitary and TMS

TPAB is almost certainly a classic, I don't see it being forgotten. That being said it isn't anywhere near the best album.

This board is 18+

>2016
>nigger music

MBDTF or Illmatic. Reasonable Doubt Aquemini The Cool and Doggystyle all close.

if you think MF DOOM has more than 4 good albums you are deluding yourself

GKMC too

>generic production
lol

youtube.com/watch?v=ZOX6xLokf3M&list=PL06E7CC19076D269A&index=1

youtube.com/watch?v=2m3yai6CPBk&index=16&list=PL06E7CC19076D269A

youtube.com/watch?v=Og3wji8o-N4&list=PL06E7CC19076D269A&index=19

>generic rapper
unique flow with consistently interesting and complex rhyme schemes and a great delivery

>talking about black problems
like the problems of being a masked supervillain with a melted-off face? i'm sure thats relatable to the black community

>generic production
ok so you've already demonstrated how little you know about hip-hop with the first two statements but this is such bullshit, special herbs is classic instrumental hip-hop

>MM Food
>Operation Doomsday
>Madvillainy
>Take Me To Your Leader
>The Mouse and the Mask
>Vaudeville Villain
>Special Herbs Vol 1-9
>Key to the Kuffs

kek this isn't even all of DOOM's discography and this is on another level compared to the trash meme band that DG is

youtube.com/watch?v=hL5cun2kQ6M
You wanna tell me how this is anything special?

Fav MC
>Guru

Fav DJ
>Pete Rock

Fac album
>pic related

In terms of raw lyricism, fever's end is the greatest hip hop album ever

How do I get gud at writing rap?

MM Food
Operations Doomsday
Take Me To Your Leader
Madvillainy

thats it

Flow like Big L
youtube.com/watch?v=NKPXDPKFtmM

youtube.com/watch?v=A7_0vcjN-4c
youtube.com/watch?v=jRn9BRo4Igw
youtube.com/watch?v=YPCwL__3Lss
youtube.com/watch?v=A9hwx-yn6-k
youtube.com/watch?v=6jd0VICL4og

>cherrypicking
dead bent is hardly representative of DOOM's entire discography, and even so is still a pretty lyrical song. just cause the subject matter of one song is relatively typical doesn't mean that the vast majority of DOOM's music is as well

>one song from practically a dozen albums is supposed to prove him wrong

zozzle

>no Special Herbs
>no Viktor Vaughn
>no Danger DOOM
kek

MBDTF is solid but one of the best of all time? I just don't think it's on the same level as Illmatic, 36 Chambers, Madvillainy and other classic. To be fair I've never loved MBDTF as much as a lot of people seem to though.

Madvillain is a little overrated here but Madlib is still very talented. My favorite work he's done is his beat konducta series youtube.com/watch?v=kyhAh0ByaCk&list=PL0SaojeJzUPcyl8nRfzXztF7np1rt_9Mr&index=4

Doom is good in those, but the production is no where near Madlib

just cause the production isn't Madlib-level doesn't mean that it isn't still classic production

also, you still haven't proven how DOOM is a "generic rapper talking about black problems"
congrats you're retarded

>"I'm so ahead of my time my parents haven't met yet"
FIRE

>special herbs
beat tapes
>danger doom
shit
>viktor vaughn
contrarian and overrated

*clears throat*

New rap fans please step aside. The real magnum opus coming through.

>it's a 'the rappers mama is yelling at him' skit

Already mentioned it itt

>search for mf doom in foobar
>mfw 87 folders

Personally, when I listen to any track from Madvillainy, they all sound unique. But any other track that Doom has done just sounds like something I'd hear from Wu Tang or Nas, with him yelling over some typical up beat music like he's at a rap battle, whereas in Madvillainy, it sounds like he just sitting down, with some music on, rapping.

You got it mang.

Nice taste btw.

this

also

5/10
7/10
8/10
7/10
8/10
7/10
8/10
10/10
7/10
One hit wonder /10
Kanye - 4/10
Nas - 2/10
3/10

All good picks, I'd go for pic related though

I really, really like Black Up but you can't say that it and cLOUDDEAD are better than some of the albums you replied to

They are. Fite me m8

It's not right to fight the mentally challenged

You're right, I'm sorry I even suggested it, how inconsiderate of me.

boy if you dont

For me the album is meant to be an extremely maximalist and accomplishes it perfectly. All of the songs are so well crafted, for example there's nothing that you can tell was worked on for thousands of hours like Runaway, POWER and Devil in a new dress on other classic hip-hop albums.
It has a big feature list and every artist featured is used in the optimal way, for example Nickis verse on Monster, Ross' on DIAND, Pusha's on Runaway, Bon Iver on LITW, Cudi on Gorgeous. Kanye has the older generation on the album with Raekwon and RZA as well as plenty of modern artists.
The album is a fantastic lyrical display with each song having a very interesting theme and fitting lyrics, and a number I classic feature verses as well as Kanyes fantastic verses on Gorgeous and Power.
The production is very impressive on every song, especially Monster which has an ever-changing, eerie beat, Power with its triumphant sound, DIAND with one of the most heavenly, glorious beats of all time, Runaways minimalistic but beautiful beat, So Appalled's frustrated and dark beat which is the perfect setting for one of the best posse cuts of all time, and LITW which sounds beautiful.
Then finally there's the background on the release, which was after the critically panned 808s and Heartbreak (relative to his other work) and the infamous Taylor VMAs incident. At that point in time he was hugely vilified by Americans, and came back with possibly the best comeback single ever POWER and dropped a masterpiece of an album, forcing his haters to admit to his musical prowess. As well as that it the making of the album was a huge collaboration between a ton of artists, referred to as a round table of sorts by some who were involved, and the GOOD Friday tracks being released along with the album were all fantastic too. This all created a great legacy for the album.
For all of those reasons it's the greatest hip-hop album of all time for me.

I just don't get this out of it, it's great you can but when I listen to it I enjoy it, just not that much. Theres no doubt that it's a great album just not amazing to me.

36 chambers, Black Sunday and pic related are the best rap/hiphop albums of all time

Come on lads.

If you think Mobb Deep's only good song is Shook Ones Pt. II you need to listen again. Your opinion on Illmatic is awful as well.

This guy knows what's up.

Where does The Chronic stand?

The Infamous and Hell On Earth were great albums. Also Mobb Deep went gold with the next two albums to come out after that, though the quality dropped. I'd never call them a one hit wonder.

Also gtfo you nerd rapper backpacking queer fuck. Clouddead is like the worst album you replied to and you ironically gave illmatic a 2. kys.

10/10 top 5 for sure
10/10 top 3
8/10
i used to think this was the best also, grew out of it fsr 8/10
top 10 for me prolly 10/10
9/10
9/10 madlib is the best producer and it ain't close
9/10
8/10
top 10 for sure also, 10/10

also lol at the retards thinking DOOM only has a couple great albums

Just listened through this, damn

really underrated

wow you have awful taste

Is it pronounced Ri-za and Gi-za or R-Z-A and G-Z-A?
I've always pronounced it the latter

i like saying riza/giza cause it's faster and sounds good

They say their names in half their songs it's rizza and jizza

rizzer and jizzer

The rizza, the jizza, Ol' dirty bastard, Inspectah deck, Raekwon the hef, U-God, Ghostface killah and the Method Man.