Torrent clients are all shit

Why is every torrent client so shit compared to utorrent? I've been trying to find a good one to replace utorrent but all of them are complete garbage.
Transmission has no labels and it becomes a cluttered mess if you have a lot of torrents. qbit is not optimized at all and it stalls, halite has no labels and it's slow as fuck. I'm trying out Deluge right now, it seems you need to manually add magnet links which is a pain in the ass and everytime you minimize the window to the notification area in the taskbar and then open it up again it starts out in a tiny window which you then need to maximize.

Other urls found in this thread:

threatpost.com/utorrent-users-warned-of-remote-code-execution-vulnerability/130030/
infinite-source.de/az/az-calc.html
biglybt.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

open the settings menu retard
deluge can use magnets but i think most people just have it scrape .torrent files from wherever they download them to as to not lose the files

Because BitTorrent is a deprecated technology that no one but basement dwellers uses anymore

Baretorrent is best for windows

threatpost.com/utorrent-users-warned-of-remote-code-execution-vulnerability/130030/

AGAIN.

Pretty sure it’s the future of content distribution

But what do I know

All torrent clients are shit though, true

Came to post this. Enjoy your raep you literal faggots

considering utorrent profits from ads I don't think it's a coincidence many utorrent shills here

>Pretty sure it’s the future of content distribution

That's what they said back in 2004 and it still hasn't happened

Yup just ignore 2.2.1. use the latest botnet

JavaScript was a mistake.

Those issues seem rather not serious in comparison to ads, cryptominers and remote execution exploits offered by utorrent

Might be a stupid question but does this only affect the newer versions? Am I fine if I'm running 2.2.1?

what is transmission
what is deluge
what is qbittorrent

>qbit is not optimized at all and it stalls
Well meme'd.

1.6- 2.2 is safe

Old versions have it too. They are also so old that they probably have many many more exploits that are waiting to be found

Neato, thanks. I use both 2.2.1 and qBittorrent so I'll just use the latter I guess.

Ignore the FUD. 2.2.1 is safe. everyone hate the chad torrent, even it dev, wanted to kill it so he can get more ad revenue

1.6.1 - 2.2.1
You have to specify the .1 on 1.6 because 1.6.0 had the last remote code execution exploit in the pre 3.x line. 1.6.1 fixed it, so we're now at 11 years and counting without a meaningful exploit.

> using a torrent client that forces you to dance around version numbers in case you get botnetted
It'l like you enjoy the taste of Russian dick.

>why is everything else so shit compared to vulnerable software

FBI pls

Ktorrent my dude

I take russian botnet over burger

What, you mean like every other client does? Did you think qBittorrent 1.0 was safe?
The difference is uTorrent is sitting at 11 years without an exploit while it's been what, a week since qBittorrent had to rush out a patch its bug-ridden client?

Why is every other client other than 221 just a bloated mess?

Because of your cognitive bias.

Install Transmission
Enable web interface
Install transmission remote GUI and connect to localhost

There, now it looks like utorrent

Because they're made by devs whose work is worth $0, and they know it too which is why they work for free projects.

320kb installer. seem unbloated to me

>Install transmission remote GUI and connect to localhost
uh wat? you just use your browser

why is every other client than 221 working on every OS?

The point is to have something that works like µtorrent

2.2.1 works on 10, 8.1. 8, 7, Vista, XP, ME, 98. 95, NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016
That's pretty much everything in operation.

PicoTorrent

PicoTorrent is the new Baretorrent
>dev will get pissy bcuz he makes no monies
>project will slowly fade into deprecatioin

>being this new
have you even tried qbittorrent or deluge?
I swear these normies with their botnets are gonna be the reason I stop comming here

>be me
>install utorrent
>uncheck the box where it wants to install adware
>it still installs some lavasoft crapware

i use deluge works fine for me

>I'm trying out Deluge right now, it seems you need to manually add magnet links which is a pain in the ass

Holy fucking shit. You mean you have to make a couple of additional clicks? Be careful user, I’d hate for you to sprain your wrist by all that heavy clicking.

Tixati ?

brony-crap-client that is blocked by private trackers and has the stupidest interface ever conceived since the original azareus ui.

well, it became the future of illegal content distribution

Running a deluge thin client on a spare raspberry pi has been working pretty well for me.

why not on your own router with openwrt or tomato?

Same here. Have an external HD connected. I check it a couple of times a day to make sure everything is running smooth.

I ended up chucking MiniDLNA on it so it can play straight off the connected drive from TVs, etc. around the house. Pretty convenient (when the TV supports the codec at least)

I sometimes wonder if Sup Forums is that clueless when it comes to torrenting or you're all just pretending.
Just sftp all you're shit from a seedbox.

>seedbox
For what purpose?

Privacy, evading college network torrent blocking, faster download speed, high ratio on private trackers.

>downloading twice is faster than once
>he can't manage his ratio

>open source project
Someone will fork it

Stealing is not supposed to be comfortable.

What are you using

¿Que? Windows 10 uses a version of the torrent protocol to distribute updates.
(That is if you didn't disable it)

el desprotegido...

Why is Transmission so slow on Windows
I get shit speeds on torrents that are faster in other clients

infinite-source.de/az/az-calc.html

wtf, i had no idea i could install a torrent client on my router
how does it work, does it need storage connected to it, or it forwards the downloads to machines on lan?

Yeah, yeah. I did all that already. Ports open. Settings configured properly based on my speeds.

What's weird is that *some* torrents will work fine sometimes. Or maybe if I restart the daemon it will be faster than before. There's this really bizarre inconsistency about it all. Other than that, I love the daemon. It's great.

qB has almost all the features except for arbitrary folder restructuring

uTorrent literally just got banned from a bunch of private torrent sites

I used to use Deluge but it lags like fuck if you seed a couple hundred things. uTorrent 2.1.whatever is the best I've found in that regard

1. have iq over 100
2. btpd, aria2, rtorrent, or transmission-cli

>2018
>still talking about torrents
>lets pretend it's 2007 again

hahahahahah fucking great retro thread dude.
so ummmmmm what you "torrenting" ? hahahahaha, dont tell me, windows xp? a shit load of botnets?
oh op, op, op, it is 2017 didnt the last decade earn you any money?
are you still smoking weed and telling people
"maaaayne this stuff is so fuckin cool hey one day I'm gonna own a cafe where like ya know where bands can play n shit"
WAKE UP - people have grown older and got some money now. Only chinks and russians use torrent sites because theyre like 40 years behind the west hahahaha

Holy shill thread.

qBit is literally uTorrent back when it was open source and not bloated...

'not optimized and stalls'

sounds like you just need to put a couple 9 millimeter rounds into your computer and then yourself

steam uses it to distribute games
windows 10 uses it to distribute updates
facebook and other big enterprises use it to deploy software across data centers

Wait, I thought Steam was almost purely akamai? I agree about the other ones though.

I'd been using utorrent 2.0.4 for years, but I switched to qbittorrent yesterday after some of my favorite trackers banned all versions of utorrent.

It looks and works pretty much the same. The whole thing freezes for a couple seconds when I try to bring up the settings menu though. But I'm mostly happy with it

> install a client that is confirmed to distribute malware
What the hell did you expect?

I have no idea why people keep using hosting services, because these are incredibly irritating to use.

>and everytime you minimize the window to the notification area in the taskbar and then open it up again it starts out in a tiny window which you then need to maximize.
Ah, so it still does that. Good to know I'm not missing out on anything.

Just wait until you see its seeding performance! It doesn't have any, thus saving the environment and the ISPs money.

qbittorrent

>Ktorrent
this

BiglyBT. Just try it, no need to thank me later.
biglybt.com/

only fucking idiots use win10

rtorrent on linux in a 10gbit instance in a Euro country that doesn't give a shit about DMCA. Use sftp or whatever protocol of your choice to DL from your server.

Didn't uTorrent get overridden with ads and security issues years ago?