People actually paid money for the privilege of watching dvds on windows 10

>people actually paid money for the privilege of watching dvds on windows 10

Why do they get away with this? I thought when you buy a DVD drive, you have already paid for the license to watch DVD films.

Other urls found in this thread:

legifrance.gouv.fr/affichJuriAdmin.do?oldAction=rechJuriAdmin&idTexte=CETATEXT000019216315&fastReqId=1851277972&fastPos=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>people actually installed winblows 10
fucking retards

>I thought when you buy a DVD drive, you have already paid for the license to watch DVD films.
Hahahahahahahahahaha.
You wish. DRM is here to fuck you up buddy.

Can't you just use any free DVD player?

stallman continues to be right.

They may be illegal in your country user.

There are a number of players that'll bypass the DRM on DVDs, yes, but because bypassing DRM is "illegal" there could be repercussions for companies and the like.

Cracked PowerDVD and AnyDVD. Go fuck yourself.

Only in the U.S

Yeah

so if you buy a DVD, that doesn't give you the permission to actually play it?

>2018
DVD?

>Windows DVD Player
>Windows DVD
>Player
>playing a Windows DVD
>Windows is a game
>distributed on DVDs
>which can be played
Really activated my copy.

PCs are not for entertainment.

PCs are for productivity and work.

Buy a TV if you want to be entertained.

ur mom is for entertainment

do you play counter strike with a tv remote?

Yes but those players only play them because the copy protection key gets cracked in real time. I wonder how legitimate DVD playback software does it, though.

so legit software like windvd or powerdvd actually use hardware css decoding???
I never knew that

When you buy something capable of playing DVD, there are two ways they grant you a license. All hardware DVD players when bought have it included in the price you pay, so it just works out of the box.

However, to save precious bux, companies like Microsoft would rather only pay the licensing fee for those who actually use the device for DVD movie playback. I would imagine most people don't watch a DVD on a computer. Even a games console like the Xbox One, only gives a small fee to the DVD creators if the console downloads the app from the store. So something like an Xbox One cannot play movies on disc out of the box without first going on the internet. The same applies to playing CD audio. On PS4 it is not even possible to play a music CD.

>tfw piracy is more convenient than being an honest paying customer

It has literally always been like this.
What has changed is that piracy is now more honest than how corporations are behaving.

Ten years ago they'd out very scary and aggressive copyright messages on movies. Did anyone actually fall for the unlimited fine and 25 years in jail meme?

They don't have to anymore, since normies have been conquered by Netflix.

They may also be very legal by law. See this on libdvdcss from France, for example:

legifrance.gouv.fr/affichJuriAdmin.do?oldAction=rechJuriAdmin&idTexte=CETATEXT000019216315&fastReqId=1851277972&fastPos=1

It really does say that if you have a DVD drive and a DVD disc you'd like to play then you're free to do that using any piece of software you feel like using and it's illegal to try to interfere with your Right to play your own disc on your own player.

Yes, it's a right in the EU. And most countries. The US is pretty much alone in pretending this somehow illegal. It's kind of like software patents, also a US thing but US-based corporations like to pretend anyone else needs to care about it (I guess you do if you want to sell software in the US).

>2000 ratings
They made over $120000 at the VERY LEAST if we assume that 1 in 4 people left a rating

>I thought when you buy a DVD drive, you have already paid for the license to watch DVD films.

Not exactly related but I remember when people that had GTA:SA installed on Steam got a patch 10 years after game release that removed songs from the radio because license expired.

At this point I'm wondering why copyright agents don't come into each home and seize old dvds every couple of months.

Copyright was unironically a mistake.

Stop giving them ideas user!

kekd hard user
thank.