Kid A is fucking shite while Amnesiac is the "what if we did Kid A but made actual music instead of just wanking in...

Kid A is fucking shite while Amnesiac is the "what if we did Kid A but made actual music instead of just wanking in between two songs" album.

Let's be reasonable, this is fact.

le

agree 100%

Your opinion is so good my mind was blown. Holy poop cow, this opinion may change the face of Sup Forums forever.. Or maybe even it will change the universe forever.

But National Anthem is the best RH song ever.

It's so good they released it after Kid A event hough it's mostly from the same sessions. It's almost as if Amnesiac is a load of Kid A B-sides or something.....

amnesiac as their best is just the most blatant tryhard deliberate contrarian opinion of all time, i mean you're not even trying

Where did I claim it's their best album though? I'm just saying it's a not-shit version of Kid A.

For an album that's composed entirely of rejected songs from the Kid A sessions, it's a fucking amazing one.

Kid A is good
Amnesiac is good

why fight my brothers?

I don't exactly agree, but Amnesiac had Life in a Glasshouse, which I think is the best Radiohead song.

Amnesiac has the more tryhard wank songs though:
>Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
>Hunting Bears
>Like Spinning Plates

Kid A is great, but I agree that Amnesiac is great too. They're probably tied in my eyes. Like part 1 & part 2

Yeah but it also has quite a few atmospheric, melodic songs like the Opener, Pyramid Song, You and Whose Army, I Might be Wrong, Knives Out and Life in a Glass House. Hunting Bears just feels like a prolonged intermission rather just pure wank too.

Kid A is what, The National Anthem, How to Disappear Completely, Treefingers which is almost a 4 minute intermission, and Optimistic? The rest is just meh.

Idioteque

In rainbows blows amnesiac to pieces

my nigga

why are people unable to express their opinion without sounding like theyre a bunch of friendless neets

>Being this contrarian

Amnesiac is a bunch of half-formed sketches and doodles mate.

Amnesiac is the chinese take-away food of music.
While the good fried chicken and cantonese rice is served inside of the restaurant (Kid A), you sometimes prefer its greasy, smaller equivalent to eat at home inside of the foil packaging for personal pleasure and the feeling of it.

I've said this over and over.

Kid A is a p4k meme. Its 10/10 review doesn't even stick to the topic and was written by Brent DiCrescenzo, who gave NYC Ghosts and Flowers 0.0. His best argument for Kid A is that he saw "a falling star" at a Radiohead show. At best it's Amnesiac in embryo. Still, Amnesiac is not Radiohead trying their best at songwriting. That's In Rainbows.

> implying Kid A is not the most contrarian album of all time

They're different. In Rainbows is my favorite Radiohead album, because it has the best melodies and is very focused, without "let's put electronic wankery here for no reason". It sounds like Radiohead actually put effort into it. However, Amnesiac has better mood/more interesting sound fidgeting.

I've listened to every Radiohead album like 8,000 times each except for Pablo Honey (only 2,000) and AMSP (like 20) and Amnesiac is still my favorite by far. HTTT is second.

Lmao In Rainbows is literally just lounge music.

the only Radiohead related opinion that i've ever read that i actually agree with. Kid A is good but not even Radiohead's best album, and i'm not even a big Radiohead fan.

even worse is the idea that Kid A is really innovative. maybe if you have had no contact with electronic music in your life, yeah. it's the same thing with David Bowie, a lot of people know him as an innovator when all he really did was try out something underground and make it into pop music, even if nice pop music.

Amnesiac's version of Morning Bell is worse. Pulk/Pull is a pointless doodle. The studio version Spinning Plates stinks. Kid A is better in every aspect.

Kid A is Radiohead's best album and it is by a clear and present margin.

> it's the same thing with David Bowie, a lot of people know him as an innovator when all he really did was try out something underground and make it into pop music, even if nice pop music.

Yep. Kid A reminds me of Yeezus in that regard. Everything Radiohead did on Kid A was not even reimagined, let alone invented by them. It was simply a case of a public's favorite band that took electronic music, rehashed it (and did a pretty mediocre poor job on it, too), and it still got hailed as "progressive", "experimental" and "influential".

The irony of it is that said hipsters never cared about electronic music before Kid A. They were blind to it when it was actually developing. But after Radiohead made Kid A and it got a 10 from p4k, they suddenly converted into electronic proselytes.

>Kid A is what, The National Anthem, How to Disappear Completely, Treefingers which is almost a 4 minute intermission, and Optimistic? The rest is just meh.

Don't even try to tell me you find Thom trying to "sing" while his balls are being rapidly sqeezed and released at 120rpm in idioteque to be aesthetically pleasing.

is this when someone who wasn't around at the time invents their own history to suit their opinions of a band

Everything in its Right Place might be the best song Radiohead's ever done

everyone ITT is 18 or 19 or younger

everyone acting like Warp didn't have a huge audience already in the 90's is yea

kid is a unquestionably the greatest album ever

any other opinion is contrarian bullshit

>good songs on Kid A
Every thing in is right place
Kid A
The National Anthem
In Limbo
Idioteque
Morning Bell
Motion Picture Soundtrack

are people arguing that it wasn't? I didn't read most of the thread

fucking preach

this guy is apparently nobody cared about electronic music until Radiohead did it..... or something

hahahahaha yeah what I expected
bunch of newfags who listened to Kid A in HS and assume it's god