ITT: your first GPU

ITT: your first GPU

I'll start, my first was a Gigabyte GTX 660. Man that thing ran Skyrim well.

Geforce 2 mx200 32mb.

It was kind of bad.

S3 Trio Virge

Man I don't even remember the name of it, it was like one of the first nvidia cards.
Back then they even had some weird 3d dog cartoon pictures in their boxes.
Also I mean as dedicated card because I had onboard gpus way before that.
I remember finally being able to run ragnarok online well once I bought a PC with a 32mbit onboard gpu and it blew my mind because of the first few months when it was released I was playing at 10 fps.

i don't even remember what was that
but i remember that this 'gpu' didn't had any cooling at all and it had 3mb of ram

Hell if I remember, it was 15 years ago and was in a hand-me-down PC from dad.

Geforce 310

I remember trying to play supreme commander 1

Even on the lowest settings I'd get under 10 fps in the late game.

And I was grateful

Voodoo 2

I think it was a gts 210 and I didn't know how to take the metal GPU cover things out of my case so I just ripped open a massive hole at the back by bending the metal and it worked, got huge FPS in cs:s

Pic related

Same. Lmaoing at these summer children

I think it was a SiS 6326 AGP 8mb.
It was shit. Had to rely on software rendering a lot.

The MOS VIC-II. It was okay, but the sound in the machine was the real high-point.

S3 Trio 64V+

If you mean a GPU by Nvidia's definition then GeForce 4 Ti 4200

First decent card was a Geforce 6800 128mb with the unlockable pipelines.

Spea Video7.
Can't even remember its specs

GTX 460, got it when I turned 16 and built my first pc. I don't remember which brand it was but it had this cyborg or whatever on it. Damn, GPUs used to be ugly as hell.

riva tnt 1 16mb

GT9600, it was great.

Note that I still have it, and it works just as well as all those years ago.

3dfx Voodoo3 3000 AGP

Some watered down Riva TNT2 that came with a prebuilt Dell

8800gt -> 8400gs -> gt 620 2 gig -> gtx 970

S3 Trio + VooDoo 2 -> GeForce 4 Ti 4800 SE -> HD 3470m -> HD 6470m - GTX 760 -> GTX 970 -> GTX 1080 -> GTX 1080Ti

Actually used it for quite some time

fucking nufags

A pair of these.
Shame Cross Fire isn't really a thing anymore.

Radeon X600XT, still have the box and everything.

my first couple predate the AGP slot, back when PCI was all you had unless you were a poorfag using ISA slot dinosaur tech

I don't recall the models anymore, but seems ATI and 64 MB VRAM, later updated to an incredible 256 MB VRAM card. Everyone called me crazy for buying memetech with capacity that I could never use. Installed it on a PIII 733 MHz system with 384 MB DDR RAM (3 slots with 128 MB chip in each). An unheard of monster of a system at the time. Used a 10 GB HDD for the main system drive and I added a 13 GB as a data storage drive.

I was insane with tech lust as a youth, an out of control madman. Was ripping 192 KHz MP3s and trading them (thus the 13 GB storage HDD). Nobody could comprehend 192 K quality & why I was wasting so much disk space on them.

Geforce fx 5700 --> 7600gs --> GTS 250 --> GTS 450 --> I don't care about games anymore

>1900GT

Mein Neger

Nvidia 9600 GT (I believe, that was was in '06) > AMD 6850 > Then I bought a 2nd 6850 (muh crossfire) > AMD R9 290 (was put in the same build as the 6850s) > GTX 970 (Current build)

>ITT: your first GPU
>I'll start, my first was a Gigabyte GTX 660
lol... fucking kids.

Canopus pure 3d, man quake was never the same after that.

Nvidia GForce6200LE. The thing was a literal piece of crap, couldn't run any game.

Some vesa local bus thing.

GeForce 4 MX 440 here

Then X1950Pro

What a beast

I'm pretty sure it was Radeon HD 4850

Ayo sheeeeiiiittt just put a GTX 560 ti into my computer, which is my first build as well.
My first GPU as well.

forgot pic, ofc

>Geforce 4 MX 400 for me

ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro

It melted my entire pc so I got an 8800 GTX and been a proud nvidia cuck ever since.

Geforce 7300 LE 128mb. used it at 2006 until 2013

who are you quoting

First GPU was the Geforce 2 GTS, since Nvidia coined the term GPU for the Geforce for its ability to do hardware T&L.
First 3D accelerator card was the Riva TNT.

I wasn't a child by the time this meme started, so some motherboard graphics probably.

I had many onboard GPUs starting in the late 90s, but the XFX HD 4870 was the first discrete graphics card that I bought. Idled in the low 70s and finally cooked itself to death after five years.

Back when computer parts and computer building were exciting to me.

Now that I'm in my 30's I'm starting to realize that I haven't enjoyed computer building in some time.

I have instead just been trying to recreate the sense of wonder I got from a new graphics card when I was younger, when a single new component would make a world of difference and not just mean the difference of a few FPS in games here and there, or a couple graphics settings.

Geforce 7600 GT.

Amazing how far GPUs have come in about 10 years.

boomer detected

Didn't remember what I had in my old 486DX computer from the early 90s, but it was probably a Diamond Stealth PCI graphics card. I also had an ATi 3D Rage that was bundled with my iMac G3.

FX 5900XT

> 9500GT
> HD 4000
> Iris Pro 5200
I only play cs-go and lol, so I'm fine.

Intel hd graphics > 8400gs > HD6540 > GT210 > GTX 260 > R9 280x > GTX 1060 3gb (laptop)

The university my father worked had a bunch of these back in 2008. At the time i only played halo on my shit laptop. But when i got this, i out in the shitty family desktop and the rest is history. Ever since then i have been wanting more and more powerful hardware. Now i also work at this uni and they still have some of these laying around. Its a nostalgic trimp back to the days of halo custom edition whenever i pick one up

First bought is GTX 650. It's pretty shit but it's my shit.

First hand-me-down was the legend 9500GT and 9800GT on 2 different PCs. Dad and uncle decided to get laptops so I got 2 PCs.

>ctrl+f
>no Matrox
My g400 ran ut99 well.

bought to play portal 2

>tfw
It's a piece of shit, but I survived.

>tfw you're old enough to remember when there was more than 2 big graphics card makers
Do you guys get annoyed when you realize how much of that old shit you've forgotten? I was racking my brain trying to remember the company's name, 3dfx, until I saw user mention the Voodoo.

It also pisses me off how lazy I've gotten when it comes to command line, since I started out on fucking DOS.

old pic is old

Voodoo 3

7600GT is the first actual graphics card i had I had. Before I just used whatever shitty onboard was there from the late 90s/early 00s. Was a magical experience seeing things running so well and nice

i've run integrated graphics all my life. there's literally no need for anything else unless you're running multiple monitor setup.

>That feel when you fire up Doom on a Voodoo3DFX for the first time.

My actual card. Paid $200 for it in like 1998?

Voodoo 3dFX. Bought specifically for Half life.

>8800gt
Almost a top of the range card for $200... Man those were the days.

Voodoo 3 3000 AGP

Purchased specifically for Unreal Tournament.

Trident 8900
I forget which exact model
It had 512 KiB VRAM

800x600 @ 16 bit color if I recall correctly

My first graphics chip was integrated 2MB with a pentium. My first actual card was a riva TNT2, that thing blew my socks off vs software the previous low res software rendering.

The way it should be imo. We have emotional attachments to knowledge that we consider part of our identity, but the detail really needs to fall away for us to grow.

Back when ATi was king, had a Radeon 9700 pro. Good times on this thing.

You mean Quake

My first gpu was a kyro II i think.

It would be nice to Voodoo cards come back. The company went broke because they spent all their profits on coke & hookers.
Voodoo was the card to have for a while though. Marketing was everywhere for the things.

damn i feel old

How wasn't this posted, I'm disappointed
You need to be 18 to post on this site

First good card I bought new was a BFG Tech GTX 260. They went bust but the card still works.

But user this is for GPUs! Not sound cards! Silly.

s3 trio

Room temperature IQ

>movie on box

Is this a PS3?

are you THIS underage?
it was one of very few game adaptations of movies at the time

Intel Integrates Graphics

Nvidia Riva TNT 2. Yeah I'm old.

>tfw mine shit out after like a month

I had a powercolor 4870 die in a month.

>tfw still using a 1GB GTX 660
it's actually not that bad. I don't bother with the newest games, but Battlefield 4 still does well on medium-high at 1080p.
this thing, however, struggled to run Battlefield 3 at 720p without dropping below 30 FPS.

geforce 3 ti200 was the first I remember. Had some shitty no-name card before that

This one. It was ok for Unreal Tournment at 800x600 resolution.

what is that jtag for?

A radeon 9250 agp I think

GeForce PCX 5900 was my first card
It lasted until like 2007. The thing was pretty good for its time

>back when ATi was king
but it still is?

Gtx 1060 :^)

mine was the gt 730 from msi and occasionally i take it out the box to make be feel better about my gtx 1070ti

Radeon 6950

ATI Rage 128 with 16mb of VRAM.

Geforce 2 gts, used to run rayman and 5 years old demos

>GTX 660
are you too young to remember fermi fire 1.7%?