LineageOS 15.1

LineageOS 15.1 is out. Grab the best maintained pajeet android based ROM while it's hot!

download.lineageos.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

download.lineageos.org/
download.lineage.microg.org/
lineageos.org/Changelog-16/
review.lineageos.org/#/q/status:open hh-o
wiki.lineageos.org/devices/herolte/install
twitter.com/AnonBabble

can somebody explain to an apple fag wtf lineage is? why is it maintained by pajeets?

They pretty much maintained anything that is not Apple.
>android
>windows

can't argue with that... but I haven't seen much of a quality discrepancy

Don't forget linux. After the founder started making YouTube Videos to explain technical stuff he abandoned Linux and let the indians manage it.

Why would I use LineageOS over a "clean" Android? I want to try it out but I don't know if I really need it.

How you can get clean android though?

If you do have a clean, still updated android on your phone, then you don't need it.
If you have a disgusting skin, or if your phone stopped receive update, then you should go for it as this is pretty much clean android with update even on older phones (such as opo, nexus 5, galaxy s5...)

That's why I put the word in quotation marks. I don't know but people say that Moto G4/5/6 Plus Android is relatively "clean" meaning there isn't much bloat or whatever.

>download.lineageos.org/

Not for redmi note 4 wtf is this shit?

I don't want it because I don't know what it will do to my device if I install it.

So why should I update to this?
What new things does it offer me if my phone works flawlessly?

>Buying a shit phone
>Suprised it has no good lineageos support
Really guys?

Apparently makes camera quality and battery life suffer. Performance is already good on my phone, so why would I want this?

download.lineage.microg.org/

LOS 15 builds will be coming out for more devices in the next few weeks probably.

Wanted to try this on my old tablet but it's not supported.

Not true for the battery life. It is usually the same or even a little better. Camera is hit or miss depending on the phone but with the ported GCam, that is not an issue anymore. The purpose of LineageOS is so people can have up to date Android when support is dropped for your phone (also good for people who want AOSP Android)

Nah, I'm staying on this ROM until devs merge patches to support stock camera. Crdroid devs tried, but their implementation seems incomplete.
No stock ROM is clean Android, even on Pixels. LOS isn't that clean either. AOSP/CAF is clean.

It generally has a little bit more functions and doesn't try to treat you as an absolute retard by shielding you from too many options.
But the difference is not dramatic, it's still Android.

I guess I'll wait and see if I get Oreo on my phone. It's on the "should" list, but the "will" list has already been having problems so I won't hold my breath. I'll switch to Lineage in a few months if not.

WHERE IS REDMI NOTE 2
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Can't see shit

What it's like 2nd most popular lineage phone. What are you talking about no support?

Still rocking the Moto G1 with LineageOS
Motorola stopped delivering update a long time ago
but it still werks fine

There is no support for my moto c

>why would I want this?
no botnet

It isn't 100% pure stock Android but, compared to a lot of ROMs out there, it's still pretty damn close. The additions LOS makes are generally pretty useful - or if not that, then they're at least not obnoxious or anything.

tfw moto memephone

fuck you Sup Forums i'm going oneplus next time

More like "get chinkphone or get fucked" OS. Absolutely no Pixels in sight, so much for the Nexus successor, lmao.

calm the fuck down they will add support for more devices later on.

Maybe you haven't noticed but there isn't even LOS14.1 for Pixel. It's dead, Jim.

It's not hot. It's fucking gay. Pajeets only made it available for a handful of devices only. What they did was they purposely ignored some maintainers with patches waiting on their Gerrit and simply they didn't merge it. Then they came up with some charter and they want to fix every single tiny bug for every device in order to be eligible for official builds. They are not fixing HAL1 camera either and NFC for older devices.

So fuck this shit. They did almost nothing for for about half a year and now they had to release something because they are just slow as fuck. Even OEMs released their Oreo builds faster than these fucks. Same can be said for other custom ROMs.

When they release 15.1 builds for the Top 10 devices that has 14.1 support I will give it a try. Until then fucking to pajeets who made this garbage.

>mediaturd
never

Is it compatible with at least 3 current devices?

Why did Google have to buy Cyanogenmod? What's the fucking benefit?

Google didn't buy CM. I don't know where you got the info you fag.

MI A1 compatibility when?

Sup Forumsdroid when?

Just use CopperheadOS

>STILL NO STABLE CUSTOM ROMS AVAILABLE FOR MY PHONE
>THE ONLY FEW AVAILABLE ARE STILL BETAS
>LG K20 Plus
>Metro was literally promoting a fuckton of the phones away as freebies for fucking free
>yet almost a year later the root and custom ROM love and support for my device is still very lowkey as fuck
>mfw I'm poor as shit and I might jump the shark to the revised 2018 K10 packing 3GB RAM since it's going to be budget friendly and once they re-release it along with a revised 2018 K8

does copperhead os support micro g?

>nightly

Into the trash it goes

all the releases are nightly...

>micro g
kys

I would like to know as well. Its fine that well get android p, but after the official updates stop rolling out, id like to have the option to go with lineage

What's the best way (non-root) to backup for a full wipe? I'm currently on an unofficial build and I'll have to do it to move over to official.

My device is still unsupported.

they probably won't update my ancient galaxy s3

Are there any other custom ROMs really worth using? My phone has official builds of Paranoid Android and Omnirom but I can't find much info about what if anything really makes those different from stock. For what it's worth, I recently got an official upgrade to Oreo so that alone isn't a reason to switch for me.

>xperia t2 ultra
>no roms
>enjoying my krack exploit

sony was a mistake.

Doesn't work on my Lenovo, would have to wait for some pajeet to port it. Still on Cyanogen13

>LG G2 is still on 14.1

No build. And there's unofficial builds of for the Nexus 5. Extremely disappointed LineageOS team.

They are adding more devices in about a week or two.
Do you have any arguments besides "Pajeet"? The Charter is a good thing since they don't want "Official" ROMs that have broken core functionality. It takes time to approve patches especially for all these devices. Blame the individual maintainers or maybe do something yourself instead of complaining you faggot.

Jesus Christ, they are adding more devices soon. Why is Sup Forums filled with impatient manchildren who just scream "gibs me dat". Blame the individual maintainer instead of the entire volunteer driven project.

If you install gapps, subete will break.

Charter is good. Fix the god damn bugs or at least merge the patches that are on Gerrit. It's that simple. They had plenty of time since the AOSP push of 8.1.

>subete
?

And fuck you. Blame the OP for not linking in this.
lineageos.org/Changelog-16/

It's all his fault because OP is always a fag.

Be patient and wait a week or two, or learn how to become a maintainer and help with merging patches so official support can be started faster. All you niggers want are free gibs.

all; the whole; entirely; in general; wholly; overall

How about you shut the fuck up with with the nonsense.

There is a maintainer for that device.

review.lineageos.org/#/q/status:open hh-o

And check the dates of those and see when those patches were uploaded. I can be a pajeet if I wanted and pull the source and cherry pick those patches and compile myself a build. You know what. Fuck their charter... I am going to do that just to satisfy my needs.

>tfw your phone doesn't even have stable nougat roms
its a bad time to be a mi max 2 user, since the sources for kernel got released only recently but we are getting there
now if poojeets would figure out how to fix fingerprint and headphone jack there should be some builds with almost all necessary working
i just want to get rid of MIUI

>shit phone
>no good lineageos support

get a load of this guy

Your "clean" Android is most likely built off of CyanogenMod/LineageOS in the first place. Almost all Roms derive from CM or LineageOS.Very few developers have the time or skillset to build AOSP from source for their projects.

>Getting this angry because the rom builds you get for free are called UNOFFICIAL instead of OFFICIAL

ok then go ahead and do it. How does picking what patches you want and compiling your own ROM make you a pajeet? Jesus, everyone here just spouts buzz words here. Not sure if you are too retarded to understand this, but this is a volunteer driven project. So what if there is a maintainer? He could be busy with IRL stuff right now and is unable to merge patches in time for the first rollout. Learn and do it yourself faggot. Actually just kill yourself. It'll make this board less retarded.

This top 10 consists of very old devices. There are probably issues with porting Android 8 to them.

Time to buy Oneplus 5T. It has 15.1 already.

I'm fine with UNOFFICIAL. At least take a look at the patches on Gerrit. If they work on Unlegacy Android Project I don't see why the fuck it's so hard to merge the patches. I guess they are pajeets after all.

>calling the people working on this in their free time "poojeets"
>too retarded to help with the process and has to sit and wait for free gibs.
Kys retarded nigger.

another user posted this link that explains why some devices weren't part of the initial rollout. lineageos.org/Changelog-16/

this user is too retarded to critically think so he just likes to complain like the retarded free gibs nigger that he his

help them instead of calling everyone who doesn't give you free gibs a "pajeet". I hate worthless niggers like you.

Why is the custom rom community so cancerous? Just buy a new phone and sell the old one that's not supported anymore. It's so easy.

Get devices with Treble support and you will have much more luck. You can boot AOSP without any effort. If you can do that you can boot LineageOS 15.1 as well.

How is the community worthless? The worthless ones here are the ones that complain about not getting free gibs on the first day. You only see it on a board like Sup Forums or if you dive too deep in the xda forums. Spme people like to extend their device lifespan. Why spend more money if your phone works just fine but the company drops support? Just flash LOS and you are good to go.

>Lol just sell ur old shit when the oem stops supporting it xD
It's because of people like you that phone manufacturers only offer 1-2 years of software updates and yet people still buy their new phones every year.
My phone is 2.5 years old and still works fine, even though it has reached EOL from the manufacturer. Why would I waste money on a new phone when I could flash lineage and keep using an up to date system for another 2 years?

Do you have dyslexia or something? I said cancerous and not worthless. Google had way too many HAL changes and that broke a lot of devices. Some cannot be fixed or only with some ugly hacks which would never be accepted. You know that you have a device on a life support right?

Sorry. Meant cancerous. I was just thinking about all the worthless niggers complaining so I typed that word here. Rest of my statement still applies. Just swap out the word.

It's not that the device stops functioning after the thing reached EOL. You don't need to flash anything in order to keep using the device.

You want everything. Latest Android, all vulnerabilities patches, no bugs for free. All those things won't last too long though. Eventually device will get dropped and you will end up selling the device anyway or you will put in the drawer and forget about it.

>Zenfone 2 is no longer maintained
RIP in peace old friend

MI Max 2 support when?

I guess my only question remaining is, if I upgrade phones is it as easy as signing in to my account as with a botnet phone? Or do I have to manually do things?

You can flash Google apps package if you want to. Then you can sign in. Most people don't flash LOS for botnet freedom, but to have up to date Android

Or little things that feel like they ought to be in stock, but aren't (or only got added really late), like the BT battery indicator.

Aside this shitshow, is there any difference between flashing TWRP recovery with odin or with heimdall on samsung phones? On LOS wiki explains the heimdall procedure which is more complicated than just using odin on windows...

There is no difference. Use Odin.

Tried to install it, but it's just such a long fucking process. Reminds me of installing Gentoo in a sense.

Are you retarded?
>download rom
>boot into recovery
>format data
>flash
It should take like 10 minutes

Yes but the steps before that are what are annoying me. Installing ADB, Fastboot, Heimdall, and fucking TWRP.
wiki.lineageos.org/devices/herolte/install

as someone who has been involved in rom development for 5+ years now, kill yourself faggot

[insert linux distro of choice]
sudo apt-get install android-tools or whatever your package manager is
turn on usb debugging in phone
congratulations nigger it's set up

Just download the tar and use odin to flash it.
Windows will download the proper drivers for you.

How come more of you idiots don't use CopperheadOS and remove the (((google))) botnet in your pocket?

If you wanted to avoid botned you wouldn't have a phone at all.

Just learned that since I'm using Qualcomm Snapdragon, I can't do shit with custom roms anyways. Bootloader is locked.

>using Lineage

>Mediakek

>osprey maintainer dropped LineageOS for some meme AOSP rom

mido = snapdragon so this cant be the issue

Two main reasons
>limited device support
>no option to use micro g

Already working on the logo